Draco - Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (JPDS RELEASED)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Draco - Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (JPDS RELEASED)

Post by Microceratops »

Question: What's the music for when
Spoiler: show
the Stone Raptors start attacking you
?
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Antispam: No

Post by jetblack »

Tension, setting the mood most likely.
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

Hey, everybody!)
Here I'm again trying to do something new on my version of JPDS menu screens. I really don't know when I'm going to finish it, haven't enough time presently.. with all this quantity of graphics and animation I ought to do for game developing team I work with.
Anyway, Options' window may look like this.
and an example of button states.
Attachments
mouseDown event
mouseDown event
NewGame_mouseDown.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 19046 times
mouseOver event
mouseOver event
NewGame_mouseOver.jpg (38.88 KiB) Viewed 19046 times
Options :)
Options :)
JPDS_options1.jpg (98.33 KiB) Viewed 19046 times
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Wow, that's looking pretty sweet! Keep it up!
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Deino wrote:Hey, everybody!)
Here I'm again trying to do something new on my version of JPDS menu screens. I really don't know when I'm going to finish it, haven't enough time presently.. with all this quantity of graphics and animation I ought to do for game developing team I work with.
Anyway, Options' window may look like this.
and an example of button states.
I see talent 8)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Amazing work, Deino! :o
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

Thanks a lot)) but actually I'm not quite experiensed in the interface design for games. It's about a year or so of my work in game developing. I was multimedia and web designer before, now I'm trying to be 2D- (and maybe 3D) game artist))

and now, about JPDS:
Last weekend I found some free time to play The Sreams once more, and encountered two peculiar Styracosaurs. I witnessed how one of them was attacked and killed by a raptor, and the other suddenly got mad about what happend to its friend, the matter is that this Styraco got angry with me, like it was my personal fault that its companion was killed. So, mad Styraco rushed at me and pursued for a while.. uhh scary thing!))) that's unusual behavior for a herbivore in Trespasser, herbivores are usualy calm and harmless, and here is the sudden change of animal's mood. Was this behavior scripted specially for JPDS?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Microceratops wrote:Question: What's the music for when
the Stone Raptors start attacking you
?
"Type the End", from the Eureka Seven soundtrack. another one of those non-Tres music pieces which evidently drew from the same cosmic musical library as Bill Brown used.
Deino wrote:Last weekend I found some free time to play The Sreams once more, and encountered two peculiar Styracosaurs. I witnessed how one of them was attacked and killed by a raptor, and the other suddenly got mad about what happend to its friend, the matter is that this Styraco got angry with me, like it was my personal fault that its companion was killed. So, mad Styraco rushed at me and pursued for a while.. uhh scary thing!))) that's unusual behavior for a herbivore in Trespasser, herbivores are usualy calm and harmless, and here is the sudden change of animal's mood. Was this behavior scripted specially for JPDS?
fascinating! no i'm afraid that wasn't scripted per se. the styracos were scripted to both be hungry, and short-tempered; if the surviving styraco became injured from the fight, but not dead, it probably became agitated from the DamageAnger value. it's very pleasing to see such a simple, broad-range script create such a memorable ingame event! i want to hear as many of these as possible :yum:
just a heads up, Tatu and i are presently scheming to release the rest of JPDS very soon, and then open up the JPDS private forum after a few days. i understand school is now coming to a close for most people, but the new levels will be here waiting when you're done ;)
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

Draconisaurus wrote:ascinating! no i'm afraid that wasn't scripted per se. the styracos were scripted to both be hungry, and short-tempered; if the surviving styraco became injured from the fight, but not dead, it probably became agitated from the DamageAnger value. it's very pleasing to see such a simple, broad-range script create such a memorable ingame event! i want to hear as many of these as possible
quite intresting thing with this script) sometimes I wish I'm a programmer))
Draconisaurus wrote:just a heads up, Tatu and i are presently scheming to release the rest of JPDS very soon, and then open up the JPDS private forum after a few days. i understand school is now coming to a close for most people, but the new levels will be here waiting when you're done
We (I and Russian Trespasser Fan community) are looking forward to see the rest of the game!) what is it exactly, how many levels included (except these two already released)?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

well i don't think i've gotten any reviews from you on Plains! :P but the last segment is called "JPDS~trails", which actually consists of level files called "camp", "HRS", and "dam", having been split apart for complicated reasons, but for stability's sake, you'll be glad they were. they will be released as a single package and, with any luck, HRS and dam will actually be able to load from trails/camp.
but to describe the levels, they make up the entire eastern half of what was once JPDS1. they are less "complete" than the previous two released but still very full of stuff. somewhere in the mix you will discover the location of the Embryonics Administration, which unfortunately could not be given an interior. that part of the game will be revealed, for story's sake, when we open the private forum. trails/camp also features a puzzle based on Trespasser's "missing hunters" storyline, which was mostly left out of the retail game. and for anyone interested in urban exploration, HRS (Hillside Research Station) will be a real treat.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Draconisaurus wrote:and for anyone interested in urban exploration, HRS (Hillside Research Station) will be a real treat.
:D :D :D Also, you should try doing what the Nightmare House 2 designers did in terms of files such as textures, documents, and models that don't make it into the final releases: have them as a 'Lost Files' package. Stuff you don't use could prove useful to future designers.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Sounds a lot like the Trespasser Lost Models...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Deino
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Deino »

Sounds interesting)) Hillside Research Station, Embryonics Administration... I'm eager to see what all this looks like))
Draconisaurus wrote:well i don't think i've gotten any reviews from you on Plains!
don't worry, the review will be posted once I have an opportunity to try properly this level :wink: of couse, I've already took a brief look on Plains, general impression of savannah-like environment)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Does anyone have anything else to say on any of the levels?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Maybe after playing them...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files