JPDS~streams Beta

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

JPDS~streams Beta

Post by Draconisaurus »

Not to get you all too excited or anything but JPDS~streams is almost at the stage where we need to have some beta testing done before creating the final SCN file(s) with GUIApp. We're hoping to do most of it among JPDS Team members but I'm curious who all would be interested in giving 'er a go a few days ahead of release. If anyone, I'll probably only be picking one or two outside of the team... Any tester should be prepared to give detailed accounts of their experiences in the level(s). Being a good tester for Streams would also make you a likely go-to for the other three sublevels, but Streams is so big that it's especially crucial.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: JPDS~streams Beta

Post by machf »

Well, I'll probably have some more free time these days (until the 9th)... it doesn't seem many people are willing to be beta testers these days, though.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

*jaw drops*
I don't have much experience with trespasser levels or testing, otherwise I would give it a go.
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

I'd be happy to test it from friday on -->. :)
With Trespasser, you can!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

makairu wrote:*jaw drops*
I don't have much experience with trespasser levels or testing, otherwise I would give it a go.
You just play it and report any bugs/glitches/etc. to him...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

I feel that knowing trespasser better would help more though.
Plus I would like it to be a surprise
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, I need *some* people to be surprised by the final release :yum: Anyways thanks for the offer machf, obviously you've got a lot of experience to bring heh. Should be ready in a couple days in so.
Crazyraptor787
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Crazyraptor787 »

I seem like an amatuer but I LOVE Trespasser LOVE TresCom and I would LOVE to test the levels. If there is secrecy needed I can be trusted. Please, it would fill my child fantasy to be able to be apart of the TresCom Modding Community!!! PLEASE! (Oh, and I CAN mod, edit, remake and develop good Trespasser levels) But one problem (-_-) I'm running it on Win7, and there are a few bugs with the game on this system, so I am attempting to fix them, I have fixed a few, but a serious problem when I contact dinosaurs with a gun, hand, object etc.
Trespasser II DX Coming Soon
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm, well I have to say, I don't know you very well. I'd like to know everyone on the beta testing team pretty well - no offense. :) I happen to be able to have that luxury with this matter heh. If I or Tatu get more familiar with you in the short term, as we finish off the various levels, there might be something in it for you before the end... I DO need a fresh audience for the final versions, you know.

Anyways I have great news, the JPDS~streams beta is ready for release and being uploaded as I type! Beta testers stay tuned for a PM from me with the link... (which you likely have already read by now)
I tell you, this has been a mad dash for way too long now, I'm going to have to take a break from Trespasser modding tools for at least 2 or 3 days. The result, though, is amazing.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Draconisaurus wrote:The result, though, is amazingly late.
Unfortunately my cynical, pessimistic view remains. I don't doubt that the result is good though... Looking forward to actually seeing them, although I have no itnention of participating in beta tests and such currently, unfortunately.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Yukio Masachita
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Yukio Masachita »

I would like to try this beta. It sounds interesting.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Eh, would've loved to do this, but I don't know if I'd be considered worthy or not..
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well our beta testers have been at work on it, though slacking somewhat in the past week or so :yum: And again, I do need some kind of audience to release it to. Jetblack, you have at least been here for some time. Do you have Facebook?
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Yep. I'll PM you with it.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

This is NOT dead, currently I'm height fixing everything in the level, which takes some time.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."