JPO Back from the grave.

65 million years in the making - hppav's Isla Nublar mod!

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: JPO Back from the grave.

Post by LtSten »

Looks very nice indeed, and with the dirtied up textures, should look really cool. 8) Good work..
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Damn, I leave the forums for a few days and when I return... BAM! There's awesome everywhere!

Just like in the old days... Well, not the "old days" per se but the old days from when I joined :P
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You mean, the Old Days, "when men were real men, women were real women, and small blue furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small blue furry creatures from Alpha Centauri"...?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

machf wrote:You mean, the Old Days, "when men were real men, women were real women, and small blue furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small blue furry creatures from Alpha Centauri"...?
:lol: Yes! (With old man's voice) In my days, we were "surfing the web" at 1KB per hour... And we liked that way!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Actually... back in my days, it was faster if you took a bus to the Internet provider's offices, brought a box of diskettes with you, copied your e-mail on them, and then returned, instead of using the 9600 bps connection...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

It really had not been that bad. After all e-mails are not so large. And back then you did not send large attachments anyways.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, I really mean it. A guy from our provider even suggested it, when we had been having problems with the connection at the university and the messages for all our accounts had piled up at the provider's server for a period of time, it would take too long back then to get them all.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow Sam, that's quite a revival. Looks amazing - and I agree, way too clean. Desaturation and dirtying seem called for. Here's hoping the mod actually happens this time - my suggestion would be to cut out as much of the island as you can while keeping the story intact.

As for the game idea mentioned, including playing as multiple different characters, that is exactly what was planned for Escape from Jurassic Park. I would be interested in helping the project but from a technical assistance position only.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8497
(Download and read "EFJP_Plot.txt" to find out how it goes. You start as Nedry, then play as Grant on and off, Muldoon, Hammond, and Nedry again before finishing off with Grant once more. A single new model of a not-fat man with a Grant-type hat could be rigged and retextured into Muldoon and Hammond.)
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

machf wrote:No, I really mean it. A guy from our provider even suggested it, when we had been having problems with the connection at the university and the messages for all our accounts had piled up at the provider's server for a period of time, it would take too long back then to get them all.
Okay, if it piles up in an entire university site like that due to a network problem then I can imagine it to be a problem. :lol:
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )