wxDevC++ - new release

Discuss Programming / Linux questions.

Moderators: scallenger, Sky, TresCom Support Team

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

wxDevC++ - new release

Post by machf »

Hey, guys, as I was looking for a tutorial to resume work on my tools in C++, I just noticed last month they released version 7.3.0 stable... didn't know, thought development had stopped for quite some time.
Downloading it right now.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: wxDevC++ - new release

Post by Rebel »

machf wrote:Hey, guys, as I was looking for a tutorial to resume work on my tools in C++, I just noticed last month they released version 7.3.0 stable... didn't know, thought development had stopped for quite some time.
Downloading it right now.
Very cool. I didn't know anyone was still working on any dev related project.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I wouldn't use wxDevC++ unless it's specifically for the wxWidgets rubbish, if you want to code in C++, download Code::Blocks, that comes with the MinGW compiler (same as DevC++) is free, really clean and easy to use. Best of all it's a peice of cake to compile projects made with other Compilers and you can convert a lot of different IDE projects to the Code::Blocks project format.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Code blocks still doing those nightly builds? Most of those are crammed with bugs, I wouldn't download anything other than stable release unless you're actually into being a beta tester.

But Yeah, code blocks is a good ide, and I still use dev_c++ as well.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I've got an older build that's been classified as stable, so far I've not had a single problem in the 2 years I've used it.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!