Draco - Friday, 25 December 2009 (Christmas Special)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Draco - Friday, 25 December 2009 (Christmas Special)

Post by Draconisaurus »

Name: Draco Astreus
Position: Team Leader, 3D modeller, event scripter, sound design, level design, texture design, every other frakin thing
Occupation: Game Artist, Restaurant Front Worker, Wandering Wizard
Listening to: "Holiday Metal" Pandora radio station

HELLOW! And Merry Christmas/Day-After-Jul to all!!! :D The release I'd planned for today is not in fact ready, but I think it's going to be a special enough day without it. Hopefully that thing will be ready soon. First of all, hope everyone's making the best of the season, whether you're able to be here at the forum or not. We do have some presents for you, though, now or when you get back. ;)

First off! Did you think I'd forgotten about JPDS? 8) In fact I was trying to work on something in the meantime but decided (once again) that JPDS1 needed to take precedence (also because of how large the side-project became). I have certainly gone through a LOT, personally, since that last developer journal... and most of that time was in fact not spent on anything vaguely about JPDS. I have gotten back on it, though, and I'm not going to reveal too much but here is your own look at the latest from JPDS1. Enjoy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

In other news, .........What WAS that viral stuff about? Well you don't get to find out and you will have to wait much longer than I'd originally thought. Suffice it to say, it's going to be unlike anything you've seen in Tres, a much "smaller" and more manageable project compared to the vision for JPDS, will be worked further on only after JPDS1 is released, and you would know the name of it by now if you thought to extract the SWP of the scrambled level I released.

Anyway!

The other major news of the day is that Mickey has started a new Trespasser forum, to be eventually accompanied by a new website, called Tresgame. This is the name of a site he once tried to start many years ago but ultimately abandoned, and has now decided to take up again. I have personally designed the forum's architecture - with NO subforums, which should work now and continue to work because 1) there aren't thousands of topics to organize 2) I think this preliminary organization will help keep things pretty well findable, for the foreseeable future. I have based the concept and names of the forum sectioning on Trespasser itself; visiting the Tresgame forums will be like actually stepping into Isla Sorna itself and going around to different places on the island to discuss and do various things. There are a lot of very interesting things to discuss over there, so what are you waiting for?
http://www.tresgame.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php

Drac out! And please be good to your Christmas tree - it's not quite dead yet. :nerd:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: Draco - Friday, 25 December 2009 (Christmas Special)

Post by hppav »

tpass056... That doesn't happen to be "Ted the caver" is it :P

(Ted the Caver is an internet urban legend about a spelunker who ends up finding something evil in a cave and is haunted by it and decides to go back and never returns. It's actually a story taken from someone else and edited to make it more modern then the ending was removed).
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lmao! Never heard of it. But that one does happen to have a name..
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Awesome job Draco i can honestly say some of those textures are just as good as Modern warfare 2s textures, not even joking :| Good set of pics!
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks! Though only a few of THOSE textures were actually made by me. The uhh.. well I don't want to go naming everything now :lol: Perhaps sometime after release (or along with it?), I can more thoroughly describe what was made by who. 8) Which textures were you thinking of mainly?

I also see that not many have taken time to register at the new forum yet. Believe me, there are some very interesting things going on there to discuss :P
The Rescue Team
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by The Rescue Team »

Looks sweet, do you have release date?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Two years ago. ;)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

machf wrote:Two years ago. ;)
Quoted for truth :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Ach. My computer won't run Tres for more than five minutes, so seeing how close this is to being released SUCKS.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

My favorite screen is the one with the InGen sign. It just captures a Jurassic Park feeling that makes me happy. :)
Nice work Draco, I'm sure when this is finally released, its going to be epic (in the real meaning of epic, not the internet lingo version).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWEwpS2hNoA
:lol: Old trailer... Needless to say, the JPDS Team was beset with.. major setbacks. I am the only one left on the team (though Nem has said he'll help if I need it with certain final things, and Matt will probably also be willing to assist with some final-stuff), it's a total wonder this project has blood left at all. Dunno how many times I've been tempted to release it in whatever state as a beta.. One of the main reasons I think that didn't happen is in fact because I'd split up the levels into sublevels for modding purposes, and that would mean even just assembling the levels into one would take time that I didn't have :lol: Thanks to certain things though, I got my interest in Trespasser back and have been hacking away at it. I'm afraid I can't tell you my release plans but just keep your eyes out.
makairu wrote:My favorite screen is the one with the InGen sign. It just captures a Jurassic Park feeling that makes me happy. :)
Nice work Draco, I'm sure when this is finally released, its going to be epic (in the real meaning of epic, not the internet lingo version).
Thankies. :) I am pretty proud of that sign, even though it's a simple mod of the one from BE. There have been a lot of hours of concept, Max, and TresEd work gone into the Hillside Research Station, and it was one of the things Mike(TheRaptor) liked best.

I should note, though, that if anyone is interested in and/or has the time to rig a new creature or two for me, it would be worth quite a lot.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Not that it counts for much, but I voted for JPDS for Mod of the year on ModDB
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I still really like JPDS, even tho there been alot of cut I think it's going to be great!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lmao, well thanks makairu. Sadly I am sure it won't count for much at all :P But it's fun to know that anyone would, before it's even out. Almost as epic as Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize before he's done anything!
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

I'm getting a new computer today, hopefully Tres runs on it, so this should be fun to play, no matter what's in it, Draco.