TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Re: TresCom Community Project - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Shadow Wolf »

that IS a nice patch of land... does this still fit with the tower thing? I'd kinda expect the concrete concept to be built into a wall near a valley......
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol near a valley? (for those who missed, Wolf and I discussed this a bit in IM) Well it could still go here, I was thinking, and thereby be able to check both towards the waterfall and towards the land off to the East.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

If I get my computer working within the next week, I'll be whipping up a storm in 3dsMax :P I also want a plot that's AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT DAMNED CHURCH AS POSSIBLE! JEEZ >_> ALL I HEAR IS PRAYING. *shudders*
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, alrighty.. I am guessing somewhere around the bus near Wu's place and the construction area.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Looks like there's a lot of plots taken...lol. I can just get in where I fit in so if you have any suggestions
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh, well how about this already-existing large bungalow on the corner of Main and Rue de Jules Verne?

Btw, if you're reading this machf, you should totally tell us where you want your house to be. :yum: Even if it's up in the hills..
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Lol near a valley? (for those who missed, Wolf and I discussed this a bit in IM) Well it could still go here, I was thinking, and thereby be able to check both towards the waterfall and towards the land off to the East.
I guess it could go there... I just don't want it to be too tall and an eyesore... especially if we go for the low poly concrete option... the farcry instincts idea would possibly look kinda nice there
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmmmmm we'll see. TBH, some areas of the town are prb. gonna look a bit strange anyway, by the time everyone has placed their house.. :lol:
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

My house is coming along slowly but very, I've completed a major part of my kitchen island:
The real thing
The real thing
kitchen_island.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 12953 times
The model in Google SketchUp.
The model in Google SketchUp.
sketchup_island.JPG (46.56 KiB) Viewed 12897 times
Quick question:
John Hammond (VH46) wrote:Buildings were stripped of everything valuable.
Does that mean that our homes must be empty? My guess is: yes.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice...
How do you plan to export from Sketchup later?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Lookin' good Nick!
Nick3069 wrote:
Personally, although that would be true to the story, I think it would be a bit boring with nothing in the houses. This will be a kind of Trescom legacy, after all, so it would be cool to make our houses personal or something. :yum:
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Nick3069 wrote:Quick question:
gad I hope not... I could do with putting binoculars, a rifle or two, a broken radio and some other stuff in mine as signs of it's use
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Matt is absolutely right with this, the whole point here is for the level to be quite fun.. Matt even played around a bit with the idea of his home being a teepee. :P Make your home your own, put whatever you want in it as long as Tres can handle it.
Hmm you know.. I ought to release that palette selection I made with the models batch, so people can start using those instead of making all variety of new palettes.

machf, no word yet on your home? I'm going to guess now that you're thinking "I'm not going to answer that, you really think I have time to make a house in your level?" Anyway I hope you'll do something for it. :yum: If not then I'll just reserve a small bungalow for you, using the materials I originally collected for your JPDS-EA office.

Nick, I'm liking what I see so far, keep it up - hopefully it will make it into the level from that app. 8)
Oh and, you never answered my question:
Draco wrote:Btw Nick, did you modify the way the East Gate works? I seem to remember these little triggers that stopped the doors as they opened.. the set-up seems wholly different now.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

machf wrote:Nice...
How do you plan to export from Sketchup later?
Thanks!
I was hoping somebody would ask the question. 8) It's simple actually, export in Google earth (.kmz, which is a disguised zip archive), rename the file extension to zip, unzip the archive, open the Collada model file (.dae) in the model folder (I used MeshLab to open it, you can also use Blender) and from here it's the same process as all other models.

It would be fun if somebody would create a plugin for SketchUp to export to tpm directly, like the OBJ export plugin, but I don't mind going trough all these steps. Before anybody asks, I don't use OBJ export plugin because it doesn't export the texture data, and one of the reasons why I use SketchUp is because of the very simple texturing system.
Draconisaurus wrote:Matt is absolutely right with this, the whole point here is for the level to be quite fun.. Matt even played around a bit with the idea of his home being a teepee. :P Make your home your own, put whatever you want in it as long as Tres can handle it.
A tipi? :lol: Okay, then.
Draconisaurus wrote:Nick, I'm liking what I see so far
Thanks!
Draconisaurus wrote:Oh and, you never answered my question:
Draco wrote:Btw Nick, did you modify the way the East Gate works? I seem to remember these little triggers that stopped the doors as they opened.. the set-up seems wholly different now.
:? When did you ask it? :lol:
No, I don't remember changing the anything about the East Gate. Why do you ask? The East Gate is buried under a hill now anyway...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:I was hoping somebody would ask the question. 8) It's simple actually, export in Google earth (.kmz, which is a disguised zip archive), rename the file extension to zip, unzip the archive, open the Collada model file (.dae) in the model folder (I used MeshLab to open it, you can also use Blender) and from here it's the same process as all other models.
Holy crap... so you use 3DS for import? Or do we have a TPM export script for 'MeshLab'...
Draconisaurus wrote:Oh and, you never answered my question:
:? When did you ask it? :lol:
It was in fact an edit to one of my posts on the first page.. I noticed you were on the forum within 5 mins afterwards and hoped you didn't come too soon to catch it..
No, I don't remember changing the anything about the East Gate. Why do you ask? The East Gate is buried under a hill now anyway...
Hmmmm, how strange. Well for one, it's probably going to be moved directly to the south-east road of the town, so it does matter to me how it works. :yum: But I swear it used to work differently.. oh I'll get around to it anyway.

Look for my furniture package shortly, btw.. just have a few subobjects to make up.