Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

A Taste of Jurassic Park: DX Chronicles

Post by JPFan95 »

Okay, i'm finally on a real computer again. *WOOT*

Anyway, here's a small taste of my newest project, DX Chronicles. I am working in collarbaration with TRK.

Chapter 1: Business

It is a bright, sunny day in San Diego. A local bank's electronic clock reads: “10:45 AM, 85°”. Our view pans over to the old Ingen Waterfront Headquarters building. It is a large, white, squarish building with a blue triangular roof. Ingen went bankrupt ten years previously, and the building and all other Ingen properties were either sold or donated. John Parker Hammond is dead. His lineage is continued with his two grandchildren. But, unbeknownst to anyone, his grandchildren plan to recover information kept secret for years. There is a secret meeting being held in the conference room.

CUT TO CONFERENCE ROOM

Tim Murphy: I've brought you all here today to discuss plans that my sister and I have made.

Tim is now age 23. His once-brown hair has streaks of blonde in it, and his skin is slightly tanned from years of sun exposure as a paleontologist. He glimpses around the room. Anxious investors and businessmen sit at the dilapidated, oval-shaped table in the abandoned Waterfront Villa.

Tim: Now, I'm not a businessman, so I'm afraid money is tight.

Ruth: So tell me, what exactly are we discussing here?

Out of the shadows pops a beautiful-looking woman in her late twenties.

Lex Murphy: Our plan is to send a group of people to the Jurassic Park islands and recover information. That's all.

Tim: Now, we are in search of information left behind on Isla Sorna and Nublar. All information will be obtained and sent back to the mainland for analysis. Afterwards, we plan to publish the information to the public and make it widely available.

Ruth: What is your reasoning for this decision?

Tim: My family name has been looked down upon for years because of our close ties with Ingen and John Hammond. Making the information publicly known would help people to understand the dream and failure that we know as Jurassic Park.

Wallace: I see what you're saying here. Personally, this sounds like a good idea. How many people, exactly, are we planning to send?

Tim: I was thinking eight to ten people. Doctor Alan Grant and Doctor Malcolm have set up the islands as a nature preserve. However, the public was so scared of Jurassic Park that they refuse to visit. That is the perfect opportunity to retrieve the information.

Chandler: I approve this operation. All in favor say “I.”

Everyone in the room says “I.” A smile gradually grows on Tim's face.

Tim: Thank you. Thank you all!

Ruth: I want to know that my money will not be toyed with. When does the operation begin?

Tim: As soon or as late as it need be.

Ruth: I suggest we prepare the group of people. That would be a smart decision.

Lex: We've already contacted the party members. They are the finest members in all their fields.

Lex thumbs a manila folder with ten dossiers neatly folded inside.

Lex: Here are their dossiers if anyone is interested.

Ruth raises his hand, and Lex hands him the folder.

Ruth: Hmm. These are their code names, I guess?

Lex: Correct. Their profiles and information are highly classified. We, the Army, and a only a few other people know about them and their real identities.

Chandler: They all seem to be spies and mercenaries. One is a demolition expert?!?!

Tim: Nothing wrong with a little sabotage... I did say they were the top minds in all of their fields.

Ruth: Right, let's get this show on the road.

The people leave the conference room. On the way out, Ruth approaches Tim.

Ruth: I expect results.

Tim: I know. You will be pleased with the end result.

Ruth shakes hands with Tim, and handles his briefcase as he walks out of the room.

Chapter 2: Training
The current location is the Counter-Terrorist training center in Denver, Colorado. The building is large, and made of glass. A tall, muscular man wearing a tanktop and gymshorts is walking down the carpeted main hall of the CT training center. His clothes are clean at the moment. They will soon be sweaty. He is shouldering a duffel with the words “Operation Iraqi Freedom” stitched on one side below the zipper. The other side reveals his code name to be “Snake.”

Secretary: Hello, sir. The training room is right down the hall. Your fellow trainees are waiting for you.
The secretary resumes typing something we can't see.

Snake: Thank you, ma'am.

He smiles and continues to walk. After a minute or two of walking, he arrives at his destination. It is an oblong, metal door with a large, disrupted glass pane in the center. The view inside is blurry, but on the door we can clearly see “TOP SECRET. Do Not Enter Without Permission.” written on the outside.

Snake: This whole place is top secret... What makes a difference?

Snake opens the door, and when he enters the room, seven wandering eyes look at him for a moment.

Snake: Sorry I'm late, people.

Snake sets aside his duffel next to the others; under a metal meshed bench. He then walks up to where his comrades are standing and stands in formation.

Snake: So, what are we doing today?

Training Officer: Just renewing our resumes. The usual; fitness, weapon skills, you know.

Snake: Right, let's get started.

T.O: In front of you is a shooting range. Each lane has a .45 caliber Heckler & Koch USP handgun. Pick up your weapon and begin target practice.

All 6 of the trainees walk up to their designated lanes. Snake puts on eye and ear protection and quickly loads his gun.
Snake: Piece of cake.
Every other trainee has their weapon loaded as well. Snake pops his neck in both directions. He pulls the frame back, and locks the breach open. The top bullet in the clip is exposed briefly as Snake lets relief on the lock. The gun is finally loaded. Snake lets out a quick, deep breath and slowly pulls the trigger. The bullets fly out like lightning bolts and create a similar sound. A smile grows on Snake's war-scarred face. Eight bullets have exited the barrel of the gun so far, and each producing a large amount of recoil. However, Snake is a strong man. He has survived the terrors of the Iraq War and the Gulf War. The kickback has little effect on the brawny man.
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: A Taste of Jurassic Park: DX Chronicles

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Sounds awesome, and to let people know I didnt have any part in the story. Thats all JPFan95, GREAT JOB!!!

I got the Map ready and some of the new models are under way, I think I'll post some teasers soon.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Just call me Pete. I've been working on a DEMO extension, actually... New guns, new things to do. I'll keep you guys updated.
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Here's a simple drawing of concept art for DX.
(I used photo shop to make it darker with the charcoal filter)
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Here's a simple drawing of concept art for DX.
(I used photo shop to make it darker with the charcoal filter)
Attachments
DXIslandConcept
DXIslandConcept
Island2copy.JPG (152.45 KiB) Viewed 12310 times
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Update, everyone: I have lost contact with TRK, and I have not worked on the script in a rather long while. Therefore, I am postponing DX Chronicles until we can get a script up, so we aren't working blind. I am sorry if I have disappointed anyone, because I myself really planned to impress everyone. HOWEVER, DX is far from dead at the moment: instead, I will draft a script synopsis that will be released here.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

JPFan95 wrote:Update, everyone: I have lost contact with TRK, and I have not worked on the script in a rather long while. Therefore, I am postponing DX Chronicles until we can get a script up, so we aren't working blind. I am sorry if I have disappointed anyone, because I myself really planned to impress everyone. HOWEVER, DX is far from dead at the moment: instead, I will draft a script synopsis that will be released here.
HAHAHA FAR FROM DEAD I spent FIVE Hours working on the level a few days ago and if you go to http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... f=9&t=6701 you'll see some screens :thief: Hope you like them.
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Glad to see my only team member has been up on his level quota!