What about a TresCom Town? (Abandoned)

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: What about a TresCom Town?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh, just remember that if one person has Prugerredhawk-01 in their house and so does another, only one will exist when the importing takes place... best to put only special object instances (posters, random things like a custom bottle model) into your actual house. Or something will have to be figured, anyway.. tatu, if you're diligent enough, you could in theory check for duplicates first and then rename copies to different instance numbers, etc. :P We could ALSO tell everyone to add a sort of number in front of their instance numbers. For example, pick a random one.. 303. So all your new instances would have that number in front, i.e. "Prugerredhawk-30301".
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh, just remember that if one person has Prugerredhawk-01 in their house and so does another, only one will exist when the importing takes place... best to put only special object instances (posters, random things like a custom bottle model) into your actual house. Or something will have to be figured, anyway.. tatu, if you're diligent enough, you could in theory check for duplicates first and then rename copies to different instance numbers, etc. :P We could ALSO tell everyone to add a sort of number in front of their instance numbers. For example, pick a random one.. 303. So all your new instances would have that number in front, i.e. "Prugerredhawk-30301".

Aleady thought about that ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahhh great! :D
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

well well, this sounds interesting... I did work on something a while back... (it lacked physics and used a plane crash as a makeshift building) but if I find some free time it might be worth a try...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Shadow Wolf wrote:well well, this sounds interesting... I did work on something a while back... (it lacked physics and used a plane crash as a makeshift building) but if I find some free time it might be worth a try...
oooooo, using the plane as your house? That's not a bad idea, go for it. Would give some nice variation to the level, which I think is the whole idea..
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

One problem that may occur, new pallets and the texture space.
With everyone using their own textures, the pallets may run out, texture space, I suppose may be okay, but could run high.
Unless you've upped the limits.

I'd probably be the main culprit, ended up using a few too many pallets in the past, tried to curb it, but needed the colours :P
Will try not too here though, Will try UVW map it, but last time it did not work properly on a model :cry:

Hmm, my avatars gone walk about, time for a new one
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Your avatar (as well as other people's) is currently in limbo... meaning that it's still in the server but it's become dissociated from your use account? What was it like? I could get it back...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

machf wrote:Your avatar (as well as other people's) is currently in limbo... meaning that it's still in the server but it's become dissociated from your use account? What was it like? I could get it back...
It was a tooth, not sure if it was external or uploaded here could have expired on the host, but not much of a problem to need to spend time on, was thinking of changing it, may still have the psd too to upload again.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If it isn't this one, it's not on the server...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

enigma wrote:One problem that may occur, new pallets and the texture space.
With everyone using their own textures, the pallets may run out, texture space, I suppose may be okay, but could run high.
Unless you've upped the limits.

I'd probably be the main culprit, ended up using a few too many pallets in the past, tried to curb it, but needed the colours :P
Will try not too here though, Will try UVW map it, but last time it did not work properly on a model :cry:
Well, I've already updated the SWP and PID with new ones, so it should work!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:Well, I've already updated the SWP and PID with new ones, so it should work!
Indeed, the blank ones have a pretty high space limit, and the typical 98 palette limit which I would not try to push. JPDS has just barely been able to stay at 98 with tons of retail imports from all over.. biggest headache for palettes is TC_Isle textures, and/or of course other usermade textures that don't use original palettes..
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

TL;DR
i though that the "project" was dead for ages, anywayz i doubt something will be done :/
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Dont mean to barge in, but... i'm working on an IT mod, if anybody wants to enlighten some ideas to make it a Trescom Town.
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

lol I have heard rumor of a thread floating around about the trescom town..... I think this level has the Pine Valley curse or w/e that was called.... a couple ppl get some work done then it goes dead for months on end o_o.......... I usually have the time for things like this, I could prbly throw something together thats original and interesting =3 I wonder if anyone else has raptors in there home :?
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

:x I told you all, all ready! The PV curse is in a jam jar on my desk, that black swirling cloud is just begging to be unleashed upon TresCom :P Whatever happens cannot be caused by the curse. For example, Hppav's PV level is fine and dandy isn't it?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!