A new name for this level...

Construction and development of a joint level. Help contribute -- it's started small and has grew large!

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

What should the name of this level be?

Oasis
42%
Desert Predetor
17%
Desert Oasis
No votes
InGen's Mistake
17%
InGen's ________ (fill in with another word)
8%
Other (please specify)
17%

Total votes: 12

TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Re: A new name for this level...

Post by TheGuy »

THEL1NK1N2 wrote:D.E.S.E.R.T

Dinosaur egg serving eggs round tenniscourts
Hehe! Nice, I like the clever humour. :wink:
Draco master wrote: D.E.SE.R.T
Dinosaur
Experimentation
Sequnce
Re-wierd
and
Tamperd with...
xDD I did that in like 5 minutes....

come to think of it... thats actually not that bad =O!
Not bad at all, well thought up. :D
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

THEL1NK1N2 wrote: BTW Explain something to me, I thought Oasis and Desert Predator, we're two different levels? And what about RRR?
Have everything been merged into one bigger project?
Oasis and Desert Predator are both levels in their own right... Oasis (formerly RRR) is the prequel to DP (I would say DP is the sequel to Oasis as Oasis looks set to be much bigger but DP has been in production longer)... they should be using a lot of the same models... at some point we might have to standardise dinos between the two levs...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Shadow Wolf wrote:Oasis and Desert Predator are both levels in their own right... Oasis (formerly RRR) is the prequel to DP (I would say DP is the sequel to Oasis as Oasis looks set to be much bigger but DP has been in production longer)... they should be using a lot of the same models... at some point we might have to standardise dinos between the two levs...
Hehe, thanks SW, just trying to get a rough count of the levels we can be expecting in the near future.., now I also now what's going on. :D

So, are you actually going to change a name of one of the levels? :)
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

THEL1NK1N2 wrote:
Shadow Wolf wrote:Oasis and Desert Predator are both levels in their own right... Oasis (formerly RRR) is the prequel to DP (I would say DP is the sequel to Oasis as Oasis looks set to be much bigger but DP has been in production longer)... they should be using a lot of the same models... at some point we might have to standardise dinos between the two levs...
Hehe, thanks SW, just trying to get a rough count of the levels we can be expecting in the near future.., now I also now what's going on. :D

So, are you actually going to change a name of one of the levels? :)
we need a collective name for the levs...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:
THEL1NK1N2 wrote:D.E.S.E.R.T
Dinosaurs Eat Scientists Excluding Rotten Toes :P
Hahaha :lol: Nice, Matt..

Dinosaurs
Endanger
Scripted
Events
Rendering
Terrain

:yum: Just for fun..

Hmmm, I voted Oasis, just on a quick thought that an oasis is a typical thing to find in a desert, anyway (though obviously not abundant), so if you somehow suggested that the Oasis level was an oasis within the desert of DP.. that could work out.. then maybe call the game Lost Oasis, or Oasis Escape, or hmm.. even Oasis Lost (a la Paradise Lost), or something..
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Draconisaurus wrote: Dinosaurs
Endanger
Scripted
Events
Rendering
Terrain
Haha, you're addicted to modding, Draco! :wink: :D [compliment]
Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmm, I voted Oasis, just on a quick thought that an oasis is a typical thing to find in a desert, anyway (though obviously not abundant), so if you somehow suggested that the Oasis level was an oasis within the desert of DP.. that could work out.. then maybe call the game Lost Oasis, or Oasis Escape, or hmm.. even Oasis Lost (a la Paradise Lost), or something..
Hmmm, yeah, I like the Oasis Lost idea, it sounds nice. :yes:
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

ingens list or ingens secret somethin like that
somethig mysteriouse.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

D.dinosaurs
E.eat
S.stuff
E.excluding
R.readied
T.thermo nuclear warheads

could be a code word

(O.D.P) operation desert predator
(S.D.W.D) stupid dinosaurs wont die
(F.T.G.M.B.S) frikin texture glitches must be survived
(W.T.F)
(T.P.T.T.O.L) the predecassor to that one level
(O.S.I.S.A.D) oh shit i see a dinosaur
(O.T.F) operation trescom freedom (could take place in iraq n afghanistan)

mabey you could put in ambient noise of fighting and machine gun fire n stuff. You could be parachuted in and
you have to controll a dinosaur outbreak.
like you are the assistant game warded from isla sorna a few years back and are know called upon by the waring countrys or country(could be any). you would go in and kill dinosaurs just routine but wait a pteranidon take down the c-130 while in flight and you barely escape. you must know make it to the plane (this would be on a island obviusly) and use the radio if its still there. but you get back tot he plane and its destroyed so you find a vollyball and it becoms your friend for 2 years after which you build a raft and are picked up by the pasing ss venture full of dinosaurs. Know thank you have kept you desert eagle clean and ready so you pull it out kill the dinos but then the ship crashes into a nuclear submarine breaking the surface which rips in half kill thousands. you then find some dino meat and eat it but these are radiocative dinos because in the basement is a tiny nuke. so you realize this on your giegger counter (i dont know where you got it) but you are not poisened with enough to kill you but you are know being chase by a helicopter but you shoot it down and just as your about to feel safe the ghost of the titanic led by rd beard from scooby doo come up and hreatens to destroy the planet. you intercept a message from the ghost buster and thebatboat. you hear batmans gunna use his bat nuke to blow the thing but his utility belts stuff to a bouy which is 2 days ride away. and the ghost ship said 1 day. so you drive the ship at the ghost ship and haul the nuke on the deck. upon which time the ghost busters zap it with there super proton pack and it blow the thing up. that nuke dinosaur wasnt on ingens list and your kno invincible like bruce willis in that one movie. and in all the confusion the people of trescom are sitting at there computer reading a stpid pointless story written by a crazy guy names dartheric.

really fast typing equals many mistake dont point it out to me.

i got off topin sorry
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

dartheric wrote:(O.D.P) operation desert predator
(W.T.F)
Haha, nice, how about:

INGEN: The D.E.S.E.R.T Chronicles...
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

OPF operation falcon punch

quoteish: (O.T.F) operation trescom freedom (could take place in iraq n afghanistan)

lol and who will be free, trescom's oldfags? o: btw draco pointed me to this thread so.
TL;DR X)
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

dartheric wrote:D.dinosaurs
E.eat
S.stuff
E.excluding
R.readied
T.thermo nuclear warheads

could be a code word

(O.D.P) operation desert predator
(W.T.F)

mabey you could put in ambient noise of fighting and machine gun fire n stuff. You could be parachuted in and
you have to controll a dinosaur outbreak.
like you are the assistant game warded from isla sorna a few years back and are know called upon by the waring countrys or country(could be any). you would go in and kill dinosaurs just routine but wait a pteranidon take down the c-130 while in flight and you barely escape. you must know make it to the plane (this would be on a island obviusly) and use the radio if its still there. but you get back tot he plane and its destroyed so you find a vollyball and it becoms your friend for 2 years after which you build a raft and are picked up by the pasing ss venture full of dinosaurs. Know thank you have kept you desert eagle clean and ready so you pull it out kill the dinos but then the ship crashes into a nuclear submarine breaking the surface which rips in half kill thousands. you then find some dino meat and eat it but these are radiocative dinos because in the basement is a tiny nuke. so you realize this on your giegger counter (i dont know where you got it) but you are not poisened with enough to kill you but you are know being chase by a helicopter but you shoot it down and just as your about to feel safe the ghost of the titanic led by rd beard from scooby doo come up and hreatens to destroy the planet. you intercept a message from the ghost buster and thebatboat. you hear batmans gunna use his bat nuke to blow the thing but his utility belts stuff to a bouy which is 2 days ride away. and the ghost ship said 1 day. so you drive the ship at the ghost ship and haul the nuke on the deck. upon which time the ghost busters zap it with there super proton pack and it blow the thing up. that nuke dinosaur wasnt on ingens list and your kno invincible like bruce willis in that one movie. and in all the confusion the people of trescom are sitting at there computer reading a stpid pointless story written by a crazy guy names dartheric.

really fast typing equals many mistake dont point it out to me.

i got off topin sorry
O__O!!! DUDE! AWSOME! That has GOT to be my next level! :D btw.....
(W.T.F)
xDDDDDDD lolz funneh stuff dartheric, and teh name that you thought up is doable... we were actually contomplating about something similar to "Ingen's secret" but we weren't sure about it.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

could be or along the lines of a crimedrama or sit com

Ingen special victims unit

will and D.E.S.E.R.T

Dharma and D.E.S.E.R.T

according to D.E.S.E.R.T

The office D.E.S.E.R.T

all in the D.E.S.E.R.T

the D.E.S.E.R.T bunch

Operation omg that dinosaur hacks D.E.S.E.R.T

Operation noob Extinction

but seriously

if it where a series of levels:

Operation D.E.S.E.R.T ingens secret

or single

"operation ingen cloak and dagger"

"ingen under raps"

"operation Clandestine"

"Ingen clandestine"

clandestine definition=conducted with secrecy

or louisiana or wherever drac lives breaks of the US and breaks its way to the ocean in like 5 days and you gotta go in and save him.lol

ot cali breaks off and you gotta go save i theen tow it back with alaska by being dragged.

seriously watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE (language)
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

time for a game! go go go!

guess this..

O.I.D.G.A.C.A.Y.L.F.

it begins with Operation..
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Uhhhh...

Operation
Ingen
Dinosaur
Game
A
C
A
Y
Lethal
Fighting

No idea, it's pretty odd.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Slash_Master wrote:time for a game! go go go!

guess this..

O.I.D.G.A.C.A.Y.L.F.

it begins with Operation..
"I Don't Give A C... About Your L... F..."?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files