Possible Albertosaurs in the Ascent Part 2

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Possible Albertosaurs in the Ascent Part 2

Post by machf »

It sounded as if you meant the hints inside the executable...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

machf wrote:It sounded as if you meant the hints inside the executable...
Yeah, my statement wasn't very detailed.. :wink:

What makes you think there's a Russian version? That would be quite interesting, the rarest of rare(Since Trespasser is already so rare)
machf wrote:Huh? What's difficult about that one? It's really easy, it takes at most two tries to pass...
We are talking about the puzzle right after you begin climbing "Mount Watson", right?
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I don't remember any difficult jumping puzzles myself, not that there weren't any, have to play the level again, perhaps only played each ascent twice. Its been awhile to remember much of the levels :)

I don't think there would be any change a tall in any object placement and design between language versions. Though could be wrong, yet dinosaur positions unlikely they may have changed anything based on what level they were in and such. But then with a patch applied that would likely cause a change.
If anything some things may have changed due to violence, but since its dinosaurs, doesn't really matter. Like the German half life had robots instead of humans for the marines.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:That's something we're missing... I'm trying to get people to report on that. Hey, Drac, does your Hong Kong version have any differences from the US one?
*sigh* Rex seemed to confirm that mine was merely the UK version of some sort, but I'll do a preliminary analysis now..

Menu images are all the same; cutscenes are all the same; BE.wtd file size is the same (26.9 kb). There was also no ereg folder; I didn't check the exes but I'm going to bet the whole CD is identical to the UK version.
THEL1NK1N2 wrote:
machf wrote:Huh? What's difficult about that one? It's really easy, it takes at most two tries to pass...
We are talking about the puzzle right after you begin climbing "Mount Watson", right?
Nah. The difficulty is just the distance of the jump and how difficult it is to escape those bloody rocks (pushed against the terrain) is you miss. I usually have to reload a savegame for each attempt. I think it may also have been more difficult without the smallpatch, which is how I originally played through the retail game (with no sound as well), since jumping was highly improved with it (unlike before, you can now hit the jump key while in midair to jump instantly upon hitting the ground again; basically key-reaction sensitivity was overall far improved).
The jumping/crate-stacking puzzle in Hammond's house took me even longer, at least 20 minutes. When my gf Megan did it, she didn't even have to do ANY stacking and just jumped right up there. :| I think she may have used the handrailings.. that never worked for me. Either way that puzzle's going to get a makeover in TR.
enigma wrote:Like the German half life had robots instead of humans for the marines.
:lol: How insane..
That reminds me, the JP toyline called "Evil Raiders" wall renamed in Europe to "Dino Raiders", similar censoring philosophy I suppose...
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

What exactly about the mines did i confirm??? I can't remember much of that convo.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nothing about "mines"... mine as/in my copy of Trespasser. You noted that yours was also UK and with the Chinese lettering, IIRC..
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Ah! lol, yeah its basically a normal copy of trespasser except the executable thats placed in the installation directory is classified as non-english.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

I have the Trespasser Strategy guide and it says there are two Albertosaurs in the Ascent Part 2, yet not in game. But now that I think of it, I think I did see one of the Albertosaurs once a long long long time ago, Trespasser deja vu maybe. The guide also says there's a T-rex tooth in JR, but not in game.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Very interesting, the strategy guide says that the Albertosauruses are there. Maybe the version of Trespasser that the guide is based on was released after all...
BTW, a lot of the things in the guide are missing from the game, check Research_Indicates' videos for more examples. (mostly AS1 & AS2)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Gah... I really need to get myself a copy of that guide.. Ah fine I've just bought it on Amazon.com right now. :lol: $7.14, will be here in 4-14 bus. days.
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

General Kenobi wrote:I have the Trespasser Strategy guide and it says there are two Albertosaurs in the Ascent Part 2
Whoa, very interesting.
Draconisaurus wrote:Gah... I really need to get myself a copy of that guide.. Ah fine I've just bought it on Amazon.com right now. :lol: $7.14, will be here in 4-14 bus. days.
Cool. Congrats. Does anybody know the length of the guide, as in, number of pages? Do let us know of any interesting facts, when it gets here. :yes:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh, well TBH, I'd like to scan it and maybe make a nice PDF file. :yum: We'll see, though.
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh, well TBH, I'd like to scan it and maybe make a nice PDF file. :yum: We'll see, though.
That would be cool. Too bad you can't put on the site. :(
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

the guide was based off a beta version of the game.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Mickey wrote:the guide was based off a beta version of the game.
ah, Mickey, you're a font of information, I thought you'd abandoned us for good but i'm glad this doesn't seem to be so :)
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom