JPDS Voice Acting

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

JPDS Voice Acting

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well.. we are still a little ways from the voice recording stage of JPDS.. but it's getting closer and closer and I've begun working on the final "script" for what you'll hear in the level. We'll ultimately be wanting a fair variety of voices present, so you're not just hearing me do a bunch of variations :yum:, and it's just occurred to me that I might get one or two extra voice talents by recruiting from here. We're looking for people who speak pretty fluent English and can have a pretty grown-up, serious-sounding voice. In theory we also need another female for a minor roll, but I believe I can squeeze that one out of Matt's side of things. ;)

So, let's hear it! Post here if you're interested and then we'll see about how to conduct the audition process.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Re: JPDS Voice Acting

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:In theory we also need another female for a minor roll, but I believe I can squeeze that one out of Matt's side of things. ;)
Haha, dude... I hope you're not referring to my sister xD she's a really bad voice actor... (see the very end of my latest youtube video for proof...) Mind you, I'm sure she can get better with practice.
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

I'd apply but my voice has a nasty habit of changing accents on me... usual deep voice one minute the next it can change to anything from canadian to irish for a few days... and I have little control over it...

EDIT: dude, WTF albertosaur? I really should get the dang post count down
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:In theory we also need another female for a minor roll, but I believe I can squeeze that one out of Matt's side of things. ;)
Haha, dude... I hope you're not referring to my sister xD she's a really bad voice actor... (see the very end of my latest youtube video for proof...) Mind you, I'm sure she can get better with practice.
XD Yeah I'm referin to her... actually I don't remember what she sounds like. :yum: You'll have to show me which vid later.. it's 2:15 am.. zzzz
Shadow Wolf wrote:I'd apply but my voice has a nasty habit of changing accents on me... usual deep voice one minute the next it can change to anything from canadian to irish for a few days... and I have little control over it...
Haha, wow.. well that's interesting, but as long as you can keep 1 accent for a whole recording session, that's fine. Then we'll do another one a week later for a different character XD Who knows we'll see.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I wouldn't mind doing some voice acting. I've done some in the past with my brother and a friend just for fun. :lol: If you want, I could send you one of those clips right away.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
TheGuy wrote:
XD Yeah I'm referin to her... actually I don't remember what she sounds like. :yum: You'll have to show me which vid later.. it's 2:15 am.. zzzz
Shadow Wolf wrote:I'd apply but my voice has a nasty habit of changing accents on me... usual deep voice one minute the next it can change to anything from canadian to irish for a few days... and I have little control over it...
Haha, wow.. well that's interesting, but as long as you can keep 1 accent for a whole recording session, that's fine. Then we'll do another one a week later for a different character XD Who knows we'll see.
as I've said I can't control what accent I'm using and I have a bad throat atm... send me a script and I'll try as soon as I can...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If you need Spanish language voiceovers, there's a wide array in the forum, we have people from several different countries (and different accents)...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

I've got good english, but I'm afraid my voice is too teenager-like..
Hmmm, first known case of an unstable voice, do you sound like a girl sometimes...? :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:I wouldn't mind doing some voice acting. I've done some in the past with my brother and a friend just for fun. :lol: If you want, I could send you one of those clips right away.

That "sounds" great. 8) dracoastreus @ yahoo.com
Shadow Wolf wrote:as I've said I can't control what accent I'm using and I have a bad throat atm... send me a script and I'll try as soon as I can...

Argh well if you have a bad throat, don't worry about it, we're not that desperate. :yum:
machf wrote:If you need Spanish language voiceovers, there's a wide array in the forum, we have people from several different countries (and different accents)...

Hmmmm TBH, I'm not sure if we'll need any, but it's quite possible (script is not finished yet lol). I will bare that in mind. Most of the voices are going to be for InGen scientists and the like.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Most of the voices are going to be for InGen scientists and the like.
One of them has sooo got to have a German accent. :yum:
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, yeah.. wait, do we have a ger-- yeah okay Madppiper for one. :yum: Paul, get your rump in here! XD
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I'd help, but unless you want any of these:
Yoshi (Lol I recently found out I can talk exactly like him)
Treecko (Dont ask how I figured this out)
Totodile (I learned about this one after I did a donald duck impersonation)
Then i guess Im of little use.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:That "sounds" great. 8)
:lol: I've sent you the email with the zip contaning 2 MP3 files as an attachment. I hope you get a good laugh out of them, because they are meant to be funny. :lol:
RexHunter99 wrote:I'd help, but unless you want any of these:
Can't you do a normal voice? :lol:
I remember being able to sing like Giglypuff wen I was youger. I don't think I can anymore.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I would consider it but I'd have to see a script first :yes:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

RexHunter99 wrote:I'd help, but unless you want any of these:
Can't you do a normal voice? :lol:
I remember being able to sing like Giglypuff wen I was youger. I don't think I can anymore.[/quote]

My normal voice is gay, well its gay when recorded. Who knows maybe Draco would need something like what I can do?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!