Questions for Rob Wyatt

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

1.What do you know about Pine Valley and it's lay out? and any details you can give us on what was in the level.

2.How much did the game change from what you planned to have in it, to the final version?

3.Was there anything you wish was still in the game that was cut?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

We should ask him about the Bumpmapping capability, I don't think I'm the best one to put that into words....

I think most of my questions were already asked..

*) While working on Trespasser's engine, were you ever confronted with problems that you felt seemed almost impossible to fix without starting over?

*) If you could install Trespasser on your computer today, would you consider playing some of the custom levels created by users at TresCom.org?

*) We've heard that drivable vehicles were pushed for in Trespasser but never worked on. Can you tell us anything about why? Current attempts at creating our own such vehicles in new levels have proven mostly unfeasible.

*) I'm not sure how much you had to do with the scripting engine for Trespasser, but it is rather powerful in many cases. The scripting capabilities have been used to far better advantage in fan levels than they ever were in the retail game, creating everything from flying pteranodons to fully-functional elevators to ingame explosions. What can you tell us about the "T-Scripts" of Trespasser and implementation in levels?

*) While working on the game, did you have anything to do with the maxscripts we've heard of used to export entire scenes directly into the level files? Do you know if any of those scripts are still in your possession? (Slug, use this one at your discretion)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, I'm not sure, Drac, but I think the questions may have been sent already.
Draconisaurus wrote:We should ask him about the Bumpmapping capability, I don't think I'm the best one to put that into words....

I think most of my questions were already asked..

*) While working on Trespasser's engine, were you ever confronted with problems that you felt seemed almost impossible to fix without starting over?

*) If you could install Trespasser on your computer today, would you consider playing some of the custom levels created by users at TresCom.org?

*) We've heard that drivable vehicles were pushed for in Trespasser but never worked on. Can you tell us anything about why? Current attempts at creating our own such vehicles in new levels have proven mostly unfeasible.

*) I'm not sure how much you had to do with the scripting engine for Trespasser, but it is rather powerful in many cases. The scripting capabilities have been used to far better advantage in fan levels than they ever were in the retail game, creating everything from flying pteranodons to fully-functional elevators to ingame explosions. What can you tell us about the "T-Scripts" of Trespasser and implementation in levels?
As I posted earlier, I think people should check this page before typing their questions for him:
http://www.wholesalealgorithms.com/content/rob.html
*) While working on the game, did you have anything to do with the maxscripts we've heard of used to export entire scenes directly into the level files? Do you know if any of those scripts are still in your possession? (Slug, use this one at your discretion)
No, that was Kyle McKisic who handled those.
http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDe ... =297253105
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure, Drac, but I think the questions may have been sent already.
I'm not sure either but Slugger has been bugging me to post my questions, so I don't think it's been sent yet.
As I posted earlier, I think people should check this page before typing their questions for him:
http://www.wholesalealgorithms.com/content/rob.html
Well, I did, but who's to say he didn't have anything to do with the scripting.. unless we know who did it instead.
No, that was Kyle McKisic who handled those.
http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDe ... =297253105
Ah, alrighty. Don't suppose we've tried to contact him..
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure, Drac, but I think the questions may have been sent already.
I'm not sure either but Slugger has been bugging me to post my questions, so I don't think it's been sent yet.
No, I haven't sent them yet. I'm holding off until I hear back from BigRed (sent him an e-mail).
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Mr. Wyatt is going to get bored of waiting... Or he's gonna think that this thing about the interview was a joke :P
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Microceratops wrote:Mr. Wyatt is going to get bored of waiting... Or he's gonna think that this thing about the interview was a joke :P
Don't worry, I've already sent the questions and he responded that he received them.
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Don't worry, I've already sent the questions and he responded that he received them.
That's great! Thank you for the information! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Slugger wrote:Don't worry, I've already sent the questions and he responded that he received them.

any indication of when or how long he'll take to answer and mail them back to you?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Asjad wrote:any indication of when or how long he'll take to answer and mail them back to you?
He asked if there was a time frame, and I said whenever it is convient for to answer them.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Questions for Rob Wyatt

Post by Asjad »

hmm, the better option IMO, hopefully we'll get informative and satisfying answers.
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Any news? Has Mr. Wyatt answered?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Microceratops wrote:Any news? Has Mr. Wyatt answered?
Yes he did, but I'm being greedy and not sharing his answers...

j/k :P

He's not responded. I'll post his responses as soon as he gets around to answering them. Have some patience. :)
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

anything yet ? or does this mean the never ending wait? :?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Gah! Lol Slug, we should never have told him that we don't care how long it takes i.e. "Take your time"... :? Guess we can use this as a lesson.

Hey, where is Scall these days, anyway? I don't see him online in messenger anymore..