EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

hmmm. Check the Patch folder for the folders maybe?
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, that is the folder for the installed game. ATX2 is installed into the folder where you copied the CD files to - you don't need to figure out where any files go, just drag the contents of "Main" into the CD folder. :)

SI, getting the demo is really simple, if you really can't find it for download, let me know and I'll upload it to box.net...

Wait hold on... the MAPS folder is in there. I've not installed ATX on the retail engine in a long time, is that where ATX puts the MAPS folder?! I have a feeling you might have installed ATX wrong to begin with, possibly. ATX might run even if you don't have MAPS in the right place, since that folder is for various add-ons...
Out~C~ast
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Out~C~ast »

Lol yeah everythings misplaced :oops: can you tell me what to take out and put into the tres cd folder?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Oh I'm sure I could find the demo, just never looked or dled it because I had the full game so I never thought to dl it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Out~C~ast wrote:Lol yeah everythings misplaced :oops: can you tell me what to take out and put into the tres cd folder?
Unfortunately, that's not a good idea because I haven't done that just recently - there are definitely readme files included with ATX2 that can tell you exactly where everything is supposed to go for a retail installation. I might be able to point things out in this regard after I finally get around to installing it on my retail engine..
Second Illiteration wrote:Oh I'm sure I could find the demo, just never looked or dled it because I had the full game so I never thought to dl it.
Heh, alright, well for many people, when they first heard of Trespasser, it was all they had to use at first. Actually the demo was pretty fun, so you've never played it before? It was a bit difficult to figure out at first, but that just makes it all the more fun.. it's the type of puzzle only a game like Tres would have. Anyway the main benefit of the demo is how conveniently placed all the files are (in a single folder, not straddled across the CD and installation folders). With the retail TPA files, and then ATX2's ability to give it the cutscene play commands of the retail engine (newgame/win/credits), it's just as functional as the retail.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Draconisaurus wrote: Heh, alright, well for many people, when they first heard of Trespasser, it was all they had to use at first. Actually the demo was pretty fun, so you've never played it before? It was a bit difficult to figure out at first, but that just makes it all the more fun.. it's the type of puzzle only a game like Tres would have. Anyway the main benefit of the demo is how conveniently placed all the files are (in a single folder, not straddled across the CD and installation folders). With the retail TPA files, and then ATX2's ability to give it the cutscene play commands of the retail engine (newgame/win/credits), it's just as functional as the retail.

Back when the game came out, I didn't even know there were demos available on the internet...and we didn't get internet for a few years after anyways, so I always just had the game itself.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Out~C~ast wrote:Lol yeah everythings misplaced :oops: can you tell me what to take out and put into the tres cd folder?
Unfortunately, that's not a good idea because I haven't done that just recently - there are definitely readme files included with ATX2 that can tell you exactly where everything is supposed to go for a retail installation. I might be able to point things out in this regard after I finally get around to installing it on my retail engine..
Second Illiteration wrote:Oh I'm sure I could find the demo, just never looked or dled it because I had the full game so I never thought to dl it.
Heh, alright, well for many people, when they first heard of Trespasser, it was all they had to use at first. Actually the demo was pretty fun, so you've never played it before? It was a bit difficult to figure out at first, but that just makes it all the more fun.. it's the type of puzzle only a game like Tres would have. Anyway the main benefit of the demo is how conveniently placed all the files are (in a single folder, not straddled across the CD and installation folders). With the retail TPA files, and then ATX2's ability to give it the cutscene play commands of the retail engine (newgame/win/credits), it's just as functional as the retail.
yeah the demo was pretty awesome, eventually I got bored when I figured out how to complete it in a minute or two though :? still it's well worth a play
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thought I'd pop in and point out three new videos about EastDock that I've uploaded. Only the second had any editing done, the others are just right out of Tres. Anyway I think they are cool, heheh. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-CrPGZZqg0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn8KLbNGik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfxj1TQN5F4
GigaY2k
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

Post by GigaY2k »

I'm sorry to revive this thread, but I thought my problem wasn't worth of its own thread.

I've downloaded ED, but the additive TPA's are damaged, so I can't run the level properly. I downloaded it with a d. manager and I was wondering that might be the source of the problem? Anyone has experienced this?
Visit my deviant at:
http://mrseyker.deviantart.com/

"Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, by Spartan Law, we lie"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

'Fraid I can't really help you there.. this problem has not occured before, to my knowledge. I find the possibility that the downloadable archive has been corrupted to be rather small - you could try downloading it without the download manager, just in case, if you're able to do that successfully. If you're still having trouble, PM me and I'll see about sending you the level files in smaller chunks.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

This level was amazing. I'm sorry, I never got to express my gratitude.

Revolutionary Concepts put into Play:

-Actual JP story line implemented.
-New Anne body (awesome, fat stomach replaces breasts, lol)
-First level to implement Rain!
-First level to implement a double level ending
-First level to implement another human being
-Bendable (sort of) folliage

Man, this level was great. *Spoilers*

*Spoilers*

The part where the Raptor comes out when you are trying to open the fence is geneous. That was truly scary and brought me back to my old fear of Trespasser. The Brush bending was amazing, along with a great follage layout. I loved the way the level looked. The ending was insane. Amazing how the boat came and you had to give the can to the guy. That was great! The raptor respawning triggers works like a charm and scared me a million times.

My only complaint is about the water, and how you would fall way down beneath it if you jumped into it. Also, how the raptor would like disappear down to the ocean bed. Besides that, great level!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Isn't it also the first level to implement different colored fog?
...Which is the only thing I really hate about the level, not because the fog is bad, but because it changes the fog in other levels too. Isn't there a way to make the fog different for that level only?

An other few questions:
When will you re-release EastDocks (with it own engine this time)? Before or after JPDS1?
Will there be a Lighthouse/NorthDocks level and a GeoPlant/Helipad level instead of invisible walls?
Except for the shuttle van, what will change in the re-release?
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Why does it need it's own engine?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

chronzerg wrote:Why does it need it's own engine?
for a start is saves on hastle with fog I believe...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks chron for the great review!! :D Glad you enjoyed all the features and detail that was put into the level. It's what I do this stuff for...
chronzerg wrote:My only complaint is about the water, and how you would fall way down beneath it if you jumped into it. Also, how the raptor would like disappear down to the ocean bed. Besides that, great level!
Haha, I detailed the ocean floor quite a bit, it's intended to be fallen into. I can't really imagine a way to have the player "float" gently down.. Same with the raptors - they are intended to fall into the ocean, it's one of the ways you can get rid of them. In a rerelease of the level, I might make them die when they hit the bottom..
Nick3069 wrote:Isn't it also the first level to implement different colored fog?
I believe so, yeah - through ATX, anyway. The retail levels all have colored fog, but the hardware glitch makes it a bit buggy (if you see fog color when a new level is loaded, it's the color of the previous level's fog, etc, and if you load any level right off the bat of course it starts with white fog unless you minimize and restore Trespasser).
...Which is the only thing I really hate about the level, not because the fog is bad, but because it changes the fog in other levels too. Isn't there a way to make the fog different for that level only?
I really wish there were! BigRed has yet to make that possible, quite sadly. That's why I made a point of including a backup config file, and why I suggested people make their own backup for RJ in the readme..
When will you re-release EastDocks (with it own engine this time)? Before or after JPDS1?
Haha, good question. JPDS1 is in such dire need of being finished that I don't want to take any time away from it, so likely afterwards. It may well be something I pop in for the WOT/MOT 2008.. When is that again, October?
Will there be a Lighthouse/NorthDocks level and a GeoPlant/Helipad level instead of invisible walls?
Nah, there's nothing to be done in those areas, not for Nedry anyway. :P Those locations are part of Sam/hppav's plan for JP: Oblivion, but idk when that will be finished..
Except for the shuttle van, what will change in the re-release?
Haha, yeah that van could use a revamp. It's hard to do because the vehicle is technically brand-spanking new. Other things to be changed will be some optimization (perim-fence wire made lesser poly [even though that will make it mis-align with the mesh behind it], possible occlusion objects in the ridge, and maybe some other invisible-making triggers like I discussed with machf) and I'd like to fix the invisible walls to be more like the one where Anne says she doesn't feel like swimming :lol:, with a VO instead of just an abrupt halt. I might also try messing with the Priority value a bit, so that lesser computers can cope with the level more by reducing the Quality setting in the menu. Trespasser has its own built-in quality level setting, as modern games have for lesser comps, we just don't use it much.. I'd be sure to make note of it in the readme. Oh yeah and, if it ends up having its own engine, that would be another major change. More likely I'll make an Isla-Nublar-themed engine for any Nublar levels people would like to make (and possible levels Sam and I talked about to come before JPO).