Have you tried it?

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Have you tried it?

Post by Microceratops »

Have you tried to compose your own Trespasser themes? I have tried it, but it's very difficult...

We could make a contest to see who composes the best new Trespasser theme... What do you think??
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

But I was refering to music, not to menues...
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

Sounds like a good idea. I haven’t tried my hand at music making, but my sister has got South West Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition which is an almost complete library of instrument samples, perhaps I could try it with that. Just kidding, it's waaaay to complicated for me, maybe MIDI... :D
ImageImage
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

TheGuy wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I haven’t tried my hand at music making, but my sister has got South West Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition which is an almost complete library of instrument samples, perhaps I could try it with that. Just kidding, it's waaaay to complicated for me, maybe MIDI... :D
Yes, I was thinking in MIDI too... It's not the same to the great sound of the real orchestra of Bill Brown original soundtrack, but it's all we have...

I know that for Trespassing some music tracks have been made...
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Microceratops wrote:
TheGuy wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I haven’t tried my hand at music making, but my sister has got South West Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition which is an almost complete library of instrument samples, perhaps I could try it with that. Just kidding, it's waaaay to complicated for me, maybe MIDI... :D
Yes, I was thinking in MIDI too... It's not the same to the great sound of the real orchestra of Bill Brown original soundtrack, but it's all we have...

I know that for Trespassing some music tracks have been made...
arrrgh noooo Mildly Irksome Digital Irritation (MIDI ) does no justice at all anyone have a brass band? all I know is a saxophanist and some other unrelated musical talents
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Nice idea! :yes:

Who was it that uploaded an audio clip of playing "View from the Island" on the piano?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

I know various Guitarists of various types, a saxophanist/flute player/bass player/keyboard player, an incredible violinist working on the movie project's CGI... etc
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Shadow Wolf wrote:I know various Guitarists of various types, a saxophanist/flute player/bass player/keyboard player, an incredible violinist working on the movie project's CGI... etc
Well... I don't think they work for free, but ask them if anyone knows composition or if they are intersted of collaborate :wink:

Also, I play the trumpet and I'm learning to play the piano, so I can help too :yes: :mrgreen:
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I have like 6 songs for a soundtrack i was working on...which may or may not be in jpds. There's a program called Garinton (sp) Personal Orchestra that can make really good sounding soundtrack stuff. Look it up in google and go to the site and you can hear some of the stuff people made.
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

SI, could you share with us some fragments of your tracks? :D
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Possibly in the near future 8)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Second Illiteration wrote:There's a program called Garinton (sp) Personal Orchestra that can make really good sounding soundtrack stuff. Look it up in google and go to the site and you can hear some of the stuff people made.
I looked it up, it's Garritan Personal Orchestra. It's for working with MIDI, I see...
Pity, I don't have $200...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I have it, but I never really gave it a go.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Microceratops wrote:
Shadow Wolf wrote:I know various Guitarists of various types, a saxophanist/flute player/bass player/keyboard player, an incredible violinist working on the movie project's CGI... etc
Well... I don't think they work for free, but ask them if anyone knows composition or if they are intersted of collaborate :wink:

Also, I play the trumpet and I'm learning to play the piano, so I can help too :yes: :mrgreen:
meh most of the guys I know are more than happy to play for free and some of them compose, maybe we could see if the project's violinist could have a look now his exams are over