Post by TheGuy »

I see zero :P
ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You don't see the pack, huh?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

I see a dino off to the left, and a white streak on those blocks, but thats all. :x

Edit: Unless they are those plants??? :|
ImageImage
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

I see one on the left. How about an answer key, Second Illiteration? And could we get a close-up shot of a Carnotaurus (that's visible)?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe, I think there was a thread on that carno somewhere... I have the level (or maybe I did only on the fried HD), it's pretty awesome.... 8)
NoTrespassing wrote:You've read TLW? How was it? Reviews I've read said it was too much like the JP book: two kids come along for the ride and the day is saved by clever hacking. I've also heard that Carnotaurus is introduced in The Lost World and it can change color to camoflage so well that it is almost invisible.
TLW was awesome. I must say that JP is far better, but TLW was still great. I didn't realize too much correlation between the books, that bit about the kids is pretty much the only thing. Heh, yeah I guess those parts were pretty similar.. but also different in a number of ways. Anyway, I'd def. suggest reading both of the books. JP uses those itteration graphics as the story moves along, while TLW uses hmmm.. what I believe is called a fitness landscape, showing the different levels of the configurations of complex system, which makes a lot more sense with the whole chaos aspect when you see it (since it is approaching the "chaotic edge"). I think one of my favorite elements of TLW was Dodgson's team roaming around the island, carrying out their little scheme.. that was pretty fun. Dodgson plays way too small a roll in JP, so you really need TLW to understand who he is. Also of course, there is the trailer scene, which is much better in the book than the movie. Hehe, also the dynamics between Levine and Malcolm are quite fun, something I wish were in the movie. They really need to remake both JP and TLW someday, featuring the characters from the books in the correct situations.. it's also interesting because in TLW book, Malcolm is not determined to get them all off the island ASAP, he's actually interested in the scientific significance of an island with free-roaming dinosaurs, but yeah.. you'll have to read it. ;)
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

I'll definately be reading the Lost World. Draconisaurus, you've played a level with a Carnotaurus? Where can I download that level?

Edit: Hey, I'm a Parasaurolophus! Or a Parasaurus as it says under the picture. I thought that was a Parasaurolophus. Anyway, what comes after a Parasaurus?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

NoTrespassing wrote:I'll definately be reading the Lost World. Draconisaurus, you've played a level with a Carnotaurus? Where can I download that level?

Edit: Hey, I'm a Parasaurolophus! Or a Parasaurus as it says under the picture. I thought that was a Parasaurolophus. Anyway, what comes after a Parasaurus?

The level he played was the test level that I did (with some excellent help from machf in later versions), and that is also where I took that screenshot from.

Again, it hasn't been released. There has however been a level released that has NON-camo carnotauruses...
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Second Illiteration wrote:The level he played was the test level that I did (with some excellent help from machf in later versions), and that is also where I took that screenshot from.

Again, it hasn't been released. There has however been a level released that has NON-camo carnotauruses...
So is the test level available for download or did Draconisaurus get it just so he could test it out? And which level has non-camo Carnos and where can I download it?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess Draco was a guinea pig... err, I mean, beta tester or something for that level.
The non-camo Carnos were released around last Christmas in a level called "XmasGift", but it isn't available online anymore... just wait until the new one is released.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oooo, new one... nice :P

And btw, SI and I are both on the JPDS Team, we've shared a hell of a lot more than that between us which none of you have yet seen. :P We kinda have in mind for the Carno to make its way into JPDS2 - SI wanted to do it for JPDS1, but I really don't think it belongs there. So yeah.. once JPDS1 is out, things should roll along much faster, so don't despair...
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:Oooo, new one... nice :P

And btw, SI and I are both on the JPDS Team, we've shared a hell of a lot more than that between us which none of you have yet seen. :P We kinda have in mind for the Carno to make its way into JPDS2 - SI wanted to do it for JPDS1, but I really don't think it belongs there. So yeah.. once JPDS1 is out, things should roll along much faster, so don't despair...

Well I really just wanted to do it to see if it could be done. And I never figured we would have had anything worth any excitement before jpds1 came out. Guess I was wrong on when I figured jpds would be out by :wink: :lol:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Come on, Draco, stop wanting to add everything you see around to JPDS...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Could someone re-upload the level XmasGift, please?

(I think) I can see one of the Carno in that screenshot, SI.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well there is one fully visible carno off to the left.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Come on, Draco, stop wanting to add everything you see around to JPDS...
......:yum: I am serious, SI was asking if it could be in JPDS1. I already know exactly what I want and don't want in JPDS. ;P

BTW, there is a carno in the pic that's not off to the left. It's hidden very well, just like in TLW book..