TresCom Dead?

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

TresCom Dead?

Post by Nick3069 »

Ok, I'm new, but I heard that this site is not dead, which I hope so because I LOVE Trespasser and I had no idea that there was any fan sites about it for 9 years, but almost all the links are dead!

Secondly, I heard that the main reason why TresCom is "alive" is because there are so many projects under way, but I have no idea which projects are under way, I heard stuff about a new TC Isle level and Trespasser: Desperation (which looks fantastic by the way!) and a bunch of others, but I have also heard that some of these are discontinued. What is it? Could I have a clear list of projects under way, please?

Another thing is that there are so many forum topics that I'm not even sure if I should ask many of the question I have. The moderators should delete to make things smaller and easier to use.

Please update the the site, but mostly the download section! Please update, PLEASE!!!!
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Welcome to the forums!

The links that link to other linked sites means that those linked sites that were linked are probably outdated and dead. Got all that? :P

TresCom is alive and kicking, can't say so about the other sites...

Projects to watch out for (please feel free to add others and correct me):

- Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets
- Trespasser: Desperation
- The Lagoon
- Stargate: Trespasser
- TC_Isle is already released

Check out the Trespasser Primer, it will help you update your copy of Trespasser with ATX (= a patch that adds many new features) so you can check out all the new levels.
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... Primer.pdf
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Not to mention my secret project is going to be revealed this Saturday. ;)
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Check out the lagoon. I am almost done, and will probably release it by the end of the summer (unless the beta tester takes too long). My level features some unique ideas never used before including:

-Swiming dinosaur (Unwater, and swimming on the surface).
-The densest jungle in a level yet.
-Fog changes within a level (haven't seen this done before).

This is are a few of the things I'm doing. My level, unfoutunately, couldn't include all of my ideas, but my next project will (definately). This level was more of a learning process for me. None the less, check out these two links to learn more:

TresWiki Page

Trespasser Forum Page

Some of the images in the Trespasser forum page are so old, they no longer exist, but all you should care about is hte new ones. The forum page really is like a journal of all I have done...
Last edited by chronzerg on Thu May 24, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikali
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Nikali »

First off welcome to Trescom Nick3069 ( try not to get eaten like the rest of us :) )

Trescom is a like a...a sleepy animal. it tends to take a nap through out the day and wake up, then fall asleep over and over during this napping period.

TRES LOVER!!

TRESCOM SUPPORTER!!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Thanx for the welcome and for aswering some of my questions

But where are all the download links that work? It took me a month to find the link to the North Pole Chaos level! I found the link on the wiki page, by the way, the Wiki page needs to be updated, BIGTIME! :P

Will the download section ever be fixed? There is so most talk about good levels but none of the ones talked about are in the download section.

@chronzerg

Can't wait to see your aquatic dinos!
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hello, Nick.

Welcome, to Jurassic Park. 8)
(I'm saying that a lot these days :D)

I am interested, which link did you use to download NPC?! NPC was once hosted on TresCom but it was randomly found missing from the level downloads section one day, never knew why exactly. The JPDarkSecrets.com website (where it was originally hosted) has been down for ages - we probably won't get it back (though who's to be certain), for now we use [url=http://dracoastreus.co.uk/jpds]this[/site] site for such things, and our forums (such as they are) have moved here to TresCom). I believe NPC may be up for download on there but I don't think the wiki has that url anywhere. Anyways I'm wondering what link you used that worked.. heheh..

I do agree with you on some things, Nick. The wiki should be updated, but more importantly - the actual website needs to be weeded through and all or most of the dead links should be taken out, perhaps kept someplace where we can get them out in case someone wants them. We should also seriously consider putting levels in the level download section once more - levels have been made and released since the last one hosted there (good levels, I mean) and should be included, in addition to adding new ones again as they come along.

A little heads up - Trespasser: Desperation is now called Trespasser: Legacy (TL) and is in a stand-still of production. Part of that rests on my shoulders and I'll get it moving again asap - it will be an awesome level.

Another project underway not mentioned is Project Pine Valley (PPV), plus machf's 'paddocks' level, whatever that is called. :)
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-

Re: TresCom Dead?

Post by Nem »

Nick3069 wrote:...Trespasser: Desperation (which looks fantastic by the way!) ...
Draconisaurus wrote:...A little heads up - Trespasser: Desperation is now called Trespasser: Legacy (TL) and is in a stand-still of production. Part of that rests on my shoulders and I'll get it moving again asap - it will be an awesome level...
Draco said it all. It's not dead and it WILL be released. Thanks for your interest. :)

I'm planning on releasing a new video teaser soon, so keep an eye out.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Here is a question: Why have I not seen any new levels with machf's new Dinos of which he took from JPOG? They look amazing compared to the ones already in the game! :o
By the way the link to them have died a few days ago, I had just the time to download the Rex, Para, Trike, Cow :D , pachy, Brach, raptor, Galli, and Stego.

If I get the hang of the editor (and get enough time), I'm planning on making a couple of levels. Just saying, because I read somewere that any level is apreciated, but it will probably not rival the new levels that are underway! :mrgreen:

@Draconisaurus
The link to NPC is located on the wiki page, in the Navigation box click "Current events" and then under "January 2006" the link is there, at least last time I checked. But I think it's only the Beta version, I'm not even sure if there is a full version.

Here is the link to NPC:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3dac ... elease.zip

Oh, and thanx for the info about Trespasser: Desperation (AKA Trespasser: Legacy) and Project Pine Valley. (I thought PPV was discontinued.)
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon May 28, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Nick3069 wrote:Here is a question: Why have I not seen any new maps with machf's new Dinos of which he took from JPOG? They look amazing compared to the ones already in the game! :o
By the way the link to them have died a few days ago, I had just the time to download the Rex, Para, Trike, Cow :D , pachy, Brach, raptor, and Stego.
You've gotta love me bro. I am using three of the dinosaur he rigged. Two of them are from JPOG, and one is from a mod that went out of buisness.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

@chronzerg
What are the three rigged dinos you're using and for what level? :o
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon May 28, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

For "The Lagoon" my brother! It is the only map I am currently working on. I am using the Velociraptor and Stegasaur from JPOG, and I am using another Velociraptor from a mod that went out of buisness (can't remember the name right now) as I specified earlier. My level actually have three different types of Raptors:

-JPOG Raptor
-Green Raptor (old mod)
-TC Isle Raptor

edit1:
Watch this video. It has the JPOG steg in it, and the green raptor I mentioned, plus the TC Isle compies.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Is there any other level that uses machf's rigged Dinos from JPOG? If so, where can I find them?

@chronzerg
Thanx chronzerg, sounds very intreresting. :mrgreen:
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

not momentarily
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

My level does, and they are reskinned. Though that level may NEVER get released as it may never get finished.

Anyway, if the site gets updated or someone wants to clean up the download section and put up a dinosaur download portion, I'd be more than willing to send a few of my newly skinned dinos. Who has access to the site anyway? You should contact me...