Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

RPG?

Post by Slugger »

I was browsing the old news archives, and one from 2005 (whenever Dan found Brian Moore's site, which is currently down) stated that people were interested in starting an RPG based on Tres. Is there still any interest in this project?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ooooo... we could play out our ideas for Trespasser: Online in a sort of test invironment :P Hehe I'd go for it if it were put up. Would be similar to how JP diorama stories are often set up... group of people land on the island, get stuck, need to find a way off.. or we could set it up in a way where we have more of a goal there. Or MAYBE we could make it like the show Lost, where we discover some dark secret about what's really on the island... ;)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah, Fish Biscuits! :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

LOL, I saw those biscuits a couple of episodes ago... (season 3 just started on cable a little over 2 weeks ago)

Regarding the RPG, I came across those old news the other day too and wondered what happened... which reminds me I haven't yet found the news item I was looking for in the first place (stopped at the start of 2005, IIRC).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

So there's interest? Cool. Never really participated in one of these things before, we'll have to draw up some guidelines or whatever...

Speaking of Lost.... garh. That's all I'm saying.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

yay rog :yes:
group of people land on the island, get stuck, need to find a way off.. or we could set it up in a way where we have more of a goal there. Or MAYBE we could make it like the show Lost, where we discover some dark secret about what's really on the island...
ditto on that, i'll prefer the goal thing, maybe some sort of team fights to see who gets the objetive done first ;3 :P
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: RPG?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sweet, let's use this thread to further discuss how we want to start the first RPG.. I have some ideas. Let's hear what else people would like to see in it. Main premise will probably be, as I once said, where the characters find themselves stranded on one of the JP islands and go about various adventures while trying to figure out a way to get off the island...
Egghead
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Egghead »

Hey, I have that RPG maker VX, it's an 2D RPG game maker for Windows Vista. Here's some photos:
http://www.relite.org/v2/images/stories ... ker_vx.jpg
http://fsubqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... DboncSTa6Q
http://www.cheatcc.com/imagespc/rpgmakervx_1a.jpg

Not sure if you were talking about 2d or 3d RPG.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Egghead wrote:Not sure if you were talking about 2d or 3d RPG.
I don't think they are talking about either one, they're talking real RPG, like Dungeon & Dragons.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually, we were talking about text RPG. I suppose it's common usage in that form is much less common for the new generations. :? In high school, many of my friends had notebooks where they'd get passed to one another during the schoolday, where each person would write another part of the story (with some restrictions, usually it should concern your character etc.) and pass it to the next person. Forum post-based RPGs work the same way except as posts. A premise is set up, and each post forwards the story as it goes. I wanted to get an idea of what kind of RPGs people here would be interested in, but it seems there's not much interest.. :? And Anna already noted to me that she doesn't think it's a good idea for a JP-type premise. But since you've made me think about it, I'm going to start one anyway and see if it gets participation. :yum:

EDIT: Yesh, Nick is correct, pretty much. Though we don't exactly use dice..
Egghead
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Egghead »

Oh, I see. Sorry.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah..

Is anyone going to participate in the RPG? :? It's nothing major, you just come up with a basic character and introduce it by having him/her ring the doorbell..
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just as a note about the in-progress RPG "The Hidden Valley". I've just looked at NoTrespassing's profile and it says "User is inactive
Reason: Profile details changed", which IIRC is what my profile read when I was not allowed to log in recently. Did he do something wrong we haven't been told about? :?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'm guessing he changed his e-mail address and didn't get the confirmation, either...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Crap - can someone just activate his account?