Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Website Improvements

Post by Slugger »

Any one have any ideas or suggestions for improvements on the site?

Should "Screenshot of the Week" be changed to "Random Screenshot"?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Maybe.

What has been absolutely necessary since long is to have the TresCom logo in the top left corner of the forums link back to the TresCom homepage, since to get to the root of the forums you already can click on the "TresCom Forums Forum Index" link on every page...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

machf wrote:What has been absolutely necessary since long is to have the TresCom logo in the top left corner of the forums link back to the TresCom homepage, since to get to the root of the forums you already can click on the "TresCom Forums Forum Index" link on every page...
I agree with that one. :yes:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I think we should keep the screenshot of the week, but some of the screens posted up in the forums shoulded be pulled out to be used. This may seem like more work for you admins, but alot of people don't send screens to you guys, and yet there are tons of great screens that pop up in the forums.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:What has been absolutely necessary since long is to have the TresCom logo in the top left corner of the forums link back to the TresCom homepage
Done. :)

Please, use this thread to bring attention to whatever you feel needs done to better the site.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, we finally can go between the web site and the forum back and forth without needing to type the URL... great!

Since the Christmas season is long over, shouldn't you change the theme back to the 'regular' (snowless) Trespasser one?

EDIT: never mind, I just noticed it's been changed already...

EDIT2: another thing that could be updated is the concept art section... there have been some more early screenshots found later.

EDIT3: oh, and add a link to the 24MB version of the "Lost Models", it's only linked from that news entry from January 2006...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:EDIT2: another thing that could be updated is the concept art section... there have been some more early screenshots found later.

EDIT3: oh, and add a link to the 24MB version of the "Lost Models", it's only linked from that news entry from January 2006...
Does someone have all the new concept pics saved on their harddrive somewhere?

I'm currently reworking the downloads system, so I'll add those files when I get to it.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Slugger wrote: Does someone have all the new concept pics saved on their harddrive somewhere?
What do you think? ;)

Not exactly on my HDD, but scattered throughout several backup CDs...
I'm currently reworking the downloads system, so I'll add those files when I get to it.
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

Not really something to make the site more functional or anything, but like I mentioned in my other thread, the Dinosaurs page should be updated with the new models and skins, and the comma thing, which no one answered me about, are those commas meant to be commas?
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Chupacabra wrote:the comma thing, which no one answered me about, are those commas meant to be commas?
What comma thing? Like on the downloads pages, how some sizes are 12,2? Some people (depending on their country) use a comma instead of the decimal. 12,2 or 12.2, or 12 2, it's all the same.
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

That yes, and also on the Dinosaur's Sizes and Weights, there are commas where there should be decimals. If it's a country related thing then I hope I wasn't offending anyone :oops:
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Long ago everyone should already have switched to decimal commas... but some people still refuse.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

hppav wrote:
machf wrote:What has been absolutely necessary since long is to have the TresCom logo in the top left corner of the forums link back to the TresCom homepage, since to get to the root of the forums you already can click on the "TresCom Forums Forum Index" link on every page...
I don't agree, its stupid that is what the button is there for, and its starting to really piss me off :P ... what I suggest is Adding a link to the Main site to the menu were we log-in and all that stuff...
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Mickey wrote:
hppav wrote:
I don't agree, its stupid that is what the button is there for, and its starting to really piss me off :P ... what I suggest is Adding a link to the Main site to the menu were we log-in and all that stuff...
I always read the posts all the way through then when I want to go back I use the links at the bottom of the page to get where I'm wanting to go. As for getting to the index, either the link or the back button is good for me, but I usually keep the index in another tab.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

About the decimal comma thing... machf are you saying we should all use commas for decimal places??? 3,14.. that seems rather confusing. What if I wanted to actually put a comma after a number, to make a list of numbers? 3,4,5 - a standard location/orientation format, for example (x,y,z). Commas seem pretty silly to me, used in place of dots..

As far as the top button goes, I've also always wanted a site link somewhere on each forum page. Only makes sense. I am with Mickey in that I was very used to using that button to return to the index.. but there is the text link right under it. Just takes a little adapting I suppose.. :?