Just tried it

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Once you scuba out of the caverns, you're no longer on tc_isle,
but on another small nearby island (tc-river level).

And no, tc-river doesn't exist though tc_isle made allowances
for tc-river so that the isle wouldn't have had to be re-edited at
some later date which would mean downloading yet another
patch. The main goal was to at some point link tc-level, tc_isle
and tc-river together since it's a linked storyline. There's even
more to the story than that, though that's best left unsaid.
Oh, you wanted that one too? Draco wants it for JPDS, as you may have already seen in screenshots, and that's why it isn't public yet...
but I think we can ask him.
Actually I must have missed that one. Yea, the Cera is one of the
dinos listed as N/A inside the isle's readme, Remdul just never got
around to it with our hectic release schedule, plus we did want to
hold some things back for the final.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

In that case is there a TC River level to be released
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm I'll lay this out for you again, since everyone has said it at least once I think.. tc~river is in limbo, not really started (I think you are supposed to travel down the river on the "raptor boat"), I believe production is headed by Madppiper, and currently Ye Olde TresCom senior members are all busy n' crap.. *imagines Rebel sitting in some rocking chair* lol Rebel what are ya doin these days anyhow? Since you mensioned Remdul has gone on to bigger and better things it got me wondering....
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, look who decided to show up after a week or so...
It started to look like you were going to join the TC Ops in their "moving on"...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Well I for sure was very sad to not see the final level out but more by the fact that some members have left and don't have that much time to visit anymore ( Rebel,Madpipper,Remdul,Andres etc...) sure I do understand there situation since they been here for years…
But I for one miss seeing them post and stuff :cry:
Ye I miss the old days :P sue me :P
But I wish the best off luck to them all, and maybe someday we can all get online and have a big old times chat in a chat room some were 8)
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

So people like me or the next generation of trespasser map creators. Wow, that is a scary thought. Oh well. I am pist. I am so sad that there will be not Tc_River, or Tc_Final. This is just a bummer. I guess u guys do got lives u have to come home to. Lol, oh well. Maybe you guys should entrust the project to someone else.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

I agree with chronzerg if you really can't finish it you show pass it to someone who can.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

General Kenobi wrote:I agree with chronzerg if you really can't finish it you show pass it to someone who can.
Err, No. From my personal perspective, we put too much into our
pet projects and I wouldn't want anyone else screwin' with them,
and I'd assume that Remdul and MadPpiper would feel the same.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

I'm with Rebel on this one... You see: alot of time was spent during the development. Actually alot more than you may imagine. We know that we left things open and we know that you may be dissapointed about the fact that the development on the levels has ended. The truth is, however, that we still very much care about the things we achieved and would not want anybody else but us to mess with it. I hope you can all understand and respect our wishes at this point. I can guerantee you, however, that both the levels are, as final as they will get. During development it was obvious that we had to stop the production at some point and give it out to the public. The only reason to why we didn't name the second level a final, was because we had plans for a third (TC-River which may or may not get completed for reasons I would rather not discuss at this point [Rebel, Remdul and I are all very much tied up with reality as of now]) and wanted to give us a chance to make the overall experience even nicer for players who had already played both the TC-Level and TC-Isle by providing a patch that could have added alot to the overall story of TC-Isle. We did actually do the same with TC-Level when it came out and changed it slightly through the patch to fit the plot...