TresEd/GeomAdd unde Winex3

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

TresEd/GeomAdd unde Winex3

Post by IsToR »

TresEd has never been as stable as it is under winex3... . :):):) In windows, it always crashes when I'm trying to edit the terrain in terrain edit mode.. In linux, it doesn't crash :)!!

GeomAdd seems to work perfectly, except that the log window disappears when importing stuff (no big deal, there's a log file anyway).. but the models do import.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Thanks IsToR for substantiating what I suspected! I did what I knew how to in TresEd and tried to crash it under Winex3 but couldn't. Do all it's features and tools seem to work ok? Everything works the same? :D
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Yep.. It seems to work just like it dows in windows.

Works

Post by Guest »

IsToR wrote:Yep.
That works so well for me, thanks.
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

Both GeomAdd & TresED work with Wine, too! :yes:
(Though TresED has some minor problems...)

GeomAdd in Wine:

TresED in Wine:

As you can see, the menu bar and toolbar buttons didn't show up in Wine. Some nearby buttons will appear if you hold a menu. All the fuctions of the menus and buttons seems work normally. :)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Congratulations! Great pics! :D IsToR and I ran TresEd through it's paces under Winex3 and it was very stable. In fact, I tired desperately to crash it but couldn't. Does it run as stable for you under regular Wine?
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

Dapper Dan wrote:Congratulations! Great pics! :D IsToR and I ran TresEd through it's paces under Winex3 and it was very stable. In fact, I tired desperately to crash it but couldn't. Does it run as stable for you under regular Wine?
Yep, it's very stable in Wine, too.
At least, I haven't had it crashed... yet. :)

[edit]
Bad news, TresED crashes while loading a level under latest Wine-0.9.5. Both Trespasser & GeomAdd still work fine. The codes of Wine is changing very frequently... perhaps in the next release it will be fixed.