TC-Isle Puzzle

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Bravelionheart07
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

TC-Isle Puzzle

Post by Bravelionheart07 »

Hey. Love the level so far, but I'm stuck at the puzzle inside the mines, with the dynamite. I know you need a detonator, but which one? I'm leaning towards the one with both black cylindars on top, but I'm not sure. And I also don't know how to set it up so I can blow the dynamite up and continue on. The walkthrough, while detailed everywhere else, didn't really explain it. Am I missing something painfully obvious?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Yea, only one of the detonators is any good (I think that'd be the one resting on the wooden skid.

Just before the dynomite you'll note the debris pile and 2 wires protruding up out of it. Carefully lower the detonator directly in front of the wires. Duck, while connecting 1 wire at the time.... That's it.
Bravelionheart07
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Bravelionheart07 »

I keep trying but the game refuses to work, or Anne will tip over the detonator, and I'll end up having to spend minutes setting it up again. This is quickly becoming an irritating puzzle. XD

Can someone maybe post a pic of where exactly it needs to be? I keep trying but when I duck and grab onto the wires, they don't bend to connect. ~.~
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

If you're knocking over the detonator, it's either the wrong one or it's being placed in the wrong location. Once the correct detonator enters the correct sphere (unseen location trigger), the detonator is set at its proper location and frozen, so it can't be moved. From that point, the wires can only be pulled straight down and they're prealigned for attachment.

Sorry, don't have time to post up a pic....
Inix
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: TC-Isle Puzzle

Post by Inix »

I'm playing TresCom Ops Level (Act I). I enjoyed it much until... now, as I'm stuck. I was exploring the area. Finally I got to build where I opened door to Hammond's office. I took briefcase. Outside I met and killed albertosaurus. That's all. I belive I explored whole area but still there is no way to open gate to get to balloon. When I go in opposite direction to another gate, I can get behind it but level is ending and retail lev The Lab starts. What should I do?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's the alternate ending to the level... so, not really a problem.

If you can't get inside the walled complex, I think there's a walkthrough here at TresCom...

EDIT: yep, it's here: http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... esops5.htm
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Inix
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Inix »

Thanks, I didn't expect that hammer can just open gate :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, I never did break that door open.... It is possible to walk around the side of the wall to get in. I think someone had to tell me you could do that.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Lmao :lol: I got quite frustrated at that door, so I tossed the hammer at it.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Yeah, I never did break that door open.... It is possible to walk around the side of the wall to get in.
I got inside exactly in that same way...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files