JPDS Plot Concepts

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

/:Code/RUNTIME-error.d4/

Post Return Unavailable

<9/124-3>
Last edited by Second Illiteration on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Ok I understand where you are going with yuor last few posts but let me explain a couple of things. There will be no mutant or modified dinos that you run into during the game other than the spino, the spino from jp/// was unrealistic so we figured the RF "uped" his aggresive genes. They were doing eelerated growth, which will not effect the game in anyway, all of there "enhanced" dinosaurs have been shipped to biosyn, anyways a group of scientists staying behind isnt that unrealistic, when they devote a large chunk of their lives to this they will not want to just give up and quit. Also there will be no scientists when you play the game, so its not gonna be like oh no run away from the mad scientist. :mrgreen:

anyways insite is always welcomed, but I dont think we will be tearing away from our plot to much

-Chris
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Moderators, please delete this post and any other blank one's :D
Last edited by MikeTheRaptor on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:Well I still like the original ideas. Regardless of whether or not it was Crichton who came up with the "egg idea" doesn't matter, really. The game already has elements from both the books and the movies, so that shouldn't be much of a concern either. We can do that. We have BioSyn, the town, ect.

We also have many locations from the movie, the EA for example, which is basically the biggest aspect of JPDS, along with the Rogue Faction.

Once you get rid of the Rogue Faction, this is no longer JPDS but something else. It's not just Jurassic Park, or Resident Evil, or a book by Michael Crichton. It's Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets, about a group of scientists who stayed behind and worked on what they spent 15 years of their life perfecting. Regardless of their intentions, mutation or otherwise, the story is based on these guys. We can't just drop 'em.

Ultimately, however, the decision isn't up to you or me, SI, but rather Draco and the guys who set this whole thing up.

The story really takes a backseat, once again. Sure, by finding documents and stuff from the Rogue Group people will start to understand the plot - but we're really doing enough by making these levels at all. On top of that, I think the storyline, currently, is great.

Crichton's idea of some kind of BioSyn Easter Egg Hunt on Sorna really isn't that appealing, in my opinion.

Still - whatever we do is fine! I just really like the Rogue Faction and I don't find it goofy at all :D
Well said.

We need to be open to ideas but lets not change the plot completely
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:NOTE: If you don't want to use these or you do, I'm still eventually planning on putting them in a level of my own, so whatever happens it's cool...
That sounds like an extremely good idea. All of your plot ideas are fine they just are too dissimilar from JPDS. I personally don't agree with a few but I know they could still make good games... though keep in mind you should try leaving out anything that includes direct contact with people. It may be possible but don't make a story that depends on it, cause it might not be possible, or just waaayy too much work for the output.

BTW about Hammond knowing if anyone was left behind, I don't agree at all. In Trespasser there is a string of VH##s that has Hammond just listing off people who are "...still missing." Also it works with my whole idea of how Hammond didn't know everything that was going on. My idea puts him a bit less hands-on than Hammond sounded to be in Tres, and this is to help the idea that InGen could still have done nasty things that don't fit Hammond's character.
MikeTheRaptor wrote:Ultimately, however, the decision is up to Draco and the guys who set this whole thing up.
Well put. :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

alright...that's cool...do what you do...

1. I brought up the point of Crichton writing about the egg stealing as a point against your saying it was unrealistic

2. Crashing and searching for people is repetetive? Yet you want it to be more R.E. like? Aren't there already like 8 resident evils, and a countless number of clones, and you want another one?

3. This story didn't stray from the plot so much as it got rid of an unrealistic story about mad scientist staying behind on a rundown island full of dinosaurs to continue with crazy experiments...then to make it sillier they contact BIOSYN....just to bring biosyn into the plot?

Ok, that makes sense. Go for it.

with that said...I pull myself from the team...

it's just not my kind of thing storywise...but feel free to go with any of the ideas I put forth that had you interested...

cya around
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Theres no reason to be a freaking crybaby, no offense, we were listening to you, we werent saying your ideas were stupid, I liked them, just not for JPDS, I wish you would reconsider....
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

no no no....that wasn't freaking....nor was it crying....that was arguementative mood...

and partially boredom...I think it was a wierd soup of different moods and conditions...
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

So are you gonna stay? I think we would all like that. :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I don't know...but here's my logic...

I'm not really into the storyline...that's obvious :wink:

and I don't really know how much time I have to do stuff so I'm not sure...

I'll say I'm staying, but if I'm not around much or don't post a lot...you'll know why....

but expect me to still stir up some discussion :mrgreen:

so just so everythings clear...there's no hard feelings here
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:so just so everythings clear...there's no hard feelings here
OK glad that is resolved. :) Hope to see ya soon then! Of course once we get into the music phase I'm sure you'll have plenty to say... ;)
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Ok for everybody Im making a basic List why we will be using a helicopter at the beginning.

Reasons why we wont be using planes or boats to get to the island:
1. Tres you crash in a plane
2. In JP/// There is a plane crash
3. Planes are always used in video games.
4. In Jp/// Eric and ben crash by boat.
5. We will be using a boat to escape the Island at the end of the level.

Reason to Use heli:
1. To bring back the original JP Helicopter.
2. TLW had a Ptera attack on the Helis orginally, but it was scrapped, JP/// then adopted the Idea and yet aggain it was scrapped so finnaly this scene will gets its justice and of coourse it will be TLW Pteras and not JP/// ones doing the dirty work.

Well Im sure there are more, but the basic idea.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

helicopters are cool......but I think you should have a UFO or a hovercraft
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OK here are some new plot details on what happens DURING the gameplay. Obviously much of this is up to the player but there are certain events which are obviously neccessary to get from one level to the next and/or end the game.

NOTE: The details in this plot are what I have had in mind and are not only subject to change but are very likely to be altered soon, sighting new ideas that have recently 'hatched'...

OK so, once Tasha wakes up and finds the InGen helicopter crashed nearby on the mountainside, she remembers why she's there, gets the only remaining gun from the wreckage, and heads down the hillside. She meats an Ankylosaurus on a ledge drinking from a pond; it's her first dinosaur. :) She continues down the mountain 'til she gets to the bottom, where she enters a thick and mysterious jungle.
From here she can do a few things; follow the powerlines to the right, leading to the North Utility Shed where she finds a large weapon stash, follow the powerlines to the left which will eventually lead her to the Hillside Research Station, or go off into the jungle in any other direction exploring, having in mind the whole while that she needs to find Daniel.
There are lots of places she can look for him in level one. Eventually she makes her way to the Embryonics Administration. She finds that she needs a passcode to get through the main gate in the perimeter fence. If she hasn't been to the Dam Control Building, she'll need to go there and find it, aswell as turn on the generator to power the facility, as a powerpylon connecting the power network to the geothermal plant in the Worker Village has been knocked down by a tree. If she has been there, she can punch in the code and open it right now. When she gets inside, she enters the 'Administration' building first. She finds a few things which begin to let her understand what happened there concerning the Rogue Faction. She begins to wonder if this is why her brother stayed behind. No mension of him yet though. Several of the rooms she comes to are locked; in one of the unlocked rooms she finds a green keycard marked "Research". Thinking it may be important, she puts it in her pants pocket and continues looking. While continuing to explore, she encounters dead human bodies, who seem to be recently dead. Whithin the past few weeks she guesses. They appear to have been killed by dinosaurs; some kind of raptor by the looks of it.
When she is unable to get into the rest of the building, including what seems to be a large room marked "Hatchery", she leaves and looks around the rest of the compound. There are a few buildings around, including an animal paddock location which she can't get into. The biggest building, three stories high, has a sign marked "Research" above what seems to be the front door. Sure enough, there is a green security card reader next to the locked doors. This must be it! She slides the card through the reader and sure enough, the doors open up. Inside she finds a multitude of rooms. The first floor appears to have been mostly personal offices, research labs, and maintanence, though there is a large section marked "Section C1" that she can't get into. Some of the offices have standard looking nameplates on them, with names she doesn't recognize. Some of these rooms appear to be mostly empty but others are cluttered with various papers and materials, some of which give further clues as to what took place here after InGen left. Some rooms and the hallways are littered with yet more recently dead bodies, and the walls are rid with blood stains and deep claw marks.
From here the player can go several places, including the JPAC Command building, the paddocks, or take the stairs/working elevator to one of the next floors (the second floor is the BioChemistry level, the third is the Computer level). Through a series of more findings and unlocking rooms (to be determined later) she discovers what happened to the Rogue Faction and how her brother was reluctantly involved, and how the Megaraptor attack ended it all in flash of carnage. She was too late; if she had come even weeks earlier, Daniel would have still been alive. One other thing she finds is the dead jouvinile spino in Section C1, where the Rogue Faction appears to have done much of their work. She had first read about the two spinosaurs earlier in a research report, and despite being horrified at what was done to this dinosaur, she knows his brother is still out there in what had been called the "Hazardous Species Paddock", where she hopes she will never find herself in. There are also some things to discover about the Rogue Faction which aren't required to solve all the neccessary puzzels. Also one of the things she discovers is how the covert company named BioSyn assisted the Rogue Faction in continuing their work.
In the room where she finds Daniel, she finds the note he wrote about the last hours of the Rogue Faction. In this room there is a map of the island, which shows several things including the location of all radios on the island. One of them is located in level 1, at the Communications Tower. If the player has already been there they know this is not going to be how they can communicate with the mainland. Even if they haven't, there is a note taped on the map that says "Broken! Do not use!" Another location for a radio is the Embryonics Administration itself. If the player has already been there they will know it appears to have been irrepairabley damaged by the Megaraptor attack. There are two other radio locations; one in the InGen Harbor, which is far away south at the shore, and one in the Worker Village. Seeing that this is closer, she decides to go there, even though this means she must walk through the Hazardous Species Paddock. She needs to contact the mainland to get resqued, and tell everyone what really happened. In the note from Daniel she also reads where the last keycard has been hidden, in the Hatchery incubator marked "6". She finds a purple card when she looks there marked "HSP Gate", and leaves the building to get to the paddock.
Soon after getting out of the building, she hears an earie sound which could only be from a raptor. Before she has time to dread over what kind, two megarapors come out of the jungle, staring right at her. Remembering what she read about megaraptors, she knows if she can't kill them she's dead. She runs back into the building to fetch the guns she found there, many of which were in the JPAC Command building. Not long into fighting the megaraptors, a third one appears from the other side of the compound. Things don't look good, and she is constantly running around and back inside to avoid being eaten.
Finally she manages to kill all three megaraptors. Tasha can't believe she actually did it, sure she was doomed to die, never to leave the island. But now she's safe. She makes her way up the road to the East Gate of the Hazardous Species Paddock, where several BioSyn cars are parked and damaged. There is also a tear in the upper part of one fence with claw marks which seem terribly familiar. Sliding the purple keycard into the purple reader, the East Gate slowly opens. Inside is jungle too think to see through. Cautiously, she holds her weapon tight and goes inside.

JPDS2
Since this is a new level, unfortunately she is now without gun. She is currently inbetween the two door sets of the East Gate; the front set is now closed, preventing her from going back. Beside the inner set is an InGen Supply box, where there are three loaded guns. She stows one of them, wields the other, and sets off into the jungle.
Tasha's adventures through the paddock are very much up to the player. The expected final result is that, keeping the map in mind they found at the Embryonics Administration, they will head southwest through the paddock until they find the South Carnivore Gate and the FOCC (Fence Operations Control Center). At the FOCC Tasha must shut off the power to the fences to unlock the gate so she can get out. At some point in the journey, she will encounter the other Spinosaurus. If/when she defeats this spino, he runs from the player into the jungle, wounded and gone for the time being. In the paddock she may also find her way to the Site B Raptor Pen, to the north of the FOCC, where she'll have some tough raptor encounters. If she's are lucky, she'll find the one gap in the fence; off to the East, near the Aviary Entrance building, there is the same hole they use in JP///. Finding this means she doesn't even need to go to the FOCC. Trying to get into the Aviary however, she will find it requires a keycard. So she must make her way to the Worker Village. If she comes out through the South Carnivore Gate, Tasha follows the road south and east, first encountering the Water Treatment Plant and then finding the village, where on the map she saw the radio is located. Once in the village there are many things to see, including the operational Geothermal Plant which is still producing power. In the Operations Center, she finds the radio, just where Nick Van Owen left it. She finds the InGen official radio frequency and contacts InGen headquarters in San Diego, where they were wondering why her party hadn't contacted them at the schedualed time and agree to send a resque boat that will meet her at the InGen Main Harbor on the South beach.
After this, she figures out where to go to reach the Harbor and only hopes she can make it there alive. Leaving the village, she makes for the gate at the North facilities barrier, OR she heads to the Aviary and unlocks the door using the keycard, where she must fight her way through mutated vicious pteranodons to get out at the bottom.
Last edited by Draconisaurus on Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Nice - learned some new stuff there :D