Just saying hello

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

la0s
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Just saying hello

Post by la0s »

Hi. I just want to say hi (now done :D). I'm a new member of this board and just recently (through a search on the TTLG.COM board found this site). I actually thought that all fanwork on Tres (heeeyy! I've already picked up the right abreviation :D ) had ended... wow was i wrong.

I've always been fascinated by Trespasser. Of course the legacy is in part based on the gigant failure that Trespasser truly was, but herein lies something interesting. I often find that it is in the projects that ended up imitating the Ikaros myth :D that you find a lot more interesting things to study. Maybe not even study but just finds something interesting. For me it applies in litterature, movies and of course games. So even though I never really did play the game that much when it was released (my computer was too slow), the game did find a place in my memory and I have been installing it from time to time and playing it feel both frustrated and impressed at the same time.

Anyway to find this site, and get the game up and running again is quite nice. Of course the game is still partly unplayable, but in other areas really really fascinating and unlike anything we have seen since (more or less). And then to find out about the levels you have made is really something, actually it's amazing what you guys have done to the game. Both in terms of looks, gameplay and the sheer professionalism in for example the tc level, is really eyeopening. A lot of other bigger communities can't compete on this level.

I've mentioned the Ikaros myth even if I in context with this place maybe should've brought forward Phoenix Rising instead. And thinking back to the Postmortem comment on how crazy it was to try out hacking a game that never had an editor... well this is indeed a pretty neat job of reanimating the dead that you have done here.

Anyway this is probably just a bunch of selfcentered crap :wink: but I just wanted to express my respect for your dedication and work. I'm looking forward to tc_isle and just to play around with the game again.

(I apologise for my crappy spelling... ) :D
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

Hi, Welcome to the forums! :D
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

HI :D ,Welcome to TresCom! :)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome aboard :wink:
la0s
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by la0s »

thanks guys.

since I'm new here I have a lot of questions but they can wait.
I just have two:
1. how big is the community? Have you seen a decline in the userbase?

2. did anyone figure out how to minimize the popups and improve the draw distance?

well okay I do have a third:

3. do you have any interesting interviews/articles made with or by the trespasser team after the game was released and bombed? I've read the postmortem.. and was hoping for other reads.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

2. Check the tips & tricks section on the TresCom website.
3. Check the resources section on the TresCom website, it has loads, interviews, articles etc.
la0s
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by la0s »

about the popups... as reported by others on this board theese reg hacks have minimal effect. going from 80 to 100 will even make the game look worse for some. I read that it was something about the objects having certain values ascribed to them. I was thinking if this was somehow fixed through a script or something?!?!

but thanks about the links... I read somewhere that wajas had done an interview with Richard Wyckoff. But stupid me can't find it... it's not the teamwyckoff interview is it?

anyway I hope I don't come off sounds as a demanding idiot.. not my intention.. but when english isn't your first language you might sound unintentionally rude. :wink:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Don't worry, English is not my mother language either. I think the interview should be in the designated section, if not, I'm pretty sure I still have it.
la0s
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by la0s »

there's only one with Richard Wyckoff... if that's the one then my bad.. :)
DinoGrrl
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DinoGrrl »

Welcome aboard la0s! *puts a hawaiian lei around la0s's neck*

<3
~Dinogrrl
To the skies!
shadowchaser
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by shadowchaser »

wecome to the forum la0s, hope you find it as much of a laugh as me.
Sk8er
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by Sk8er »

Welcome to TresCom la0s - enjoy the stay. :)

Prepare for the next level of Trespasser...
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

A warm welcome from my side as well...

you can find the 'Rich Wyckoff' interview, Wajas had, on TresCity. The link doesn't work right now (reminds me, that I still got to fix those)... so try this one instead:

http://diehard.ath.cx/~burroughs

it's an exclusive interview...so we're not hosting it on TresCom.

You really seem to have alot of question, which is really cool actually... always feels good to get to know new members.

To answer another one:
We're actually visited by many, but having lots of uppers and downers. It's really weird how this communtiy works actually. There are times when this place is horribly dead. And then, all of a sudden, plenty of new guys show up and the board is flooded with interesting new discussions...

I'm looking at the ttlg website right now, trying to find the TresCom link. Kinda cool actually
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Welcome to the best community on the net :wink:
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

welcome to trescom.