The Little Stuff

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Lemme know if you can get an accurate export then, 'cause I can't seem to figure it out as it is (been trying for several hours and so far, I can't seem to do it). I really don't see any mirrored object problems though, I think just those planks aren't textured completely is all.

:cartman:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, there ya go:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/caverns2_v2.zip

Note that the object names are now different (didn't go thru the trouble of renaming them again). The two large, flat models textured wood, each in the two large chambers, are to be interactive water.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

:oops:

Nope, this one was actually worse in as far as location is concerned. All the pivot points are correct now, though. I'll try and use your screen renders and see if I can put it together somehow. I still don't get it, though. You've exported complete scenes before, why is this one bustin' my ass? :? Did you use 3ds or tpm exports for the Venture and original caverns? (I don't remember)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Here's a .3ds:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/caverns2_v3.zip

I'm not sure either what exactly causes it. I went thru the script code a few times, but didn't come across anything odd.

I'll do a fresh install of Tres and see what happens when I import this thing again.

Venture was a .tmp, and caverns part I was .3ds...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

<drum roll, please>

Yup, the 3ds file imported properly, Remdul. Everything appears to be correct this time. :) Great work, too. An amazing piece of modelling here. Sorry about the earlier troubles, but looks like you got it all straightened out. ;)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Neato. :) Guess there was still something messed up in my script. I guess I'll have to do some further testing to find the bug. Was hoping to release this updated version of 'TpmExp for MAX', and I'll do a GMAX port as well (only a few small modifications) by the time we've released the level.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Ah, I'm sure you'll figure it out. There doesn't seem to be a problem with lowering the terrain to below 0, so that's good. I'm going to fix up the rivers and falls first, then work on the sub objects.... lots of them!

catch ya tomorrow. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Rexy40
-=Alpha Wolf=-
-=Alpha Wolf=-

Post by Rexy40 »

Paul, if you don't mind, I've already took the screenshots and posted them on TresCity. I got to get it going again.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

yeah, no problem there. (just notify us earlier next time, okay?)

If you want, we can work out some special stuff to get lots of attention for your site.

Btw, I could set the upload restrictions higher. (I'd need you to seperate your big files from the little ones for that though...but I'm sure we can figure that out).

Oh and I will update the site today, just for ya, so that people get aware of this...

so, please pm me or write a few lines, once you're online... there's lots to discuss

I'm sooooo glad you're finally back at this!
Rexy40
-=Alpha Wolf=-
-=Alpha Wolf=-

Post by Rexy40 »

Sorry for the whole "intercept, hijack, use" deal with the pics. Kinda saw the opportunity and decided to move.

BTW - you said before about a subdomain at TresCom? I've considered that, and I'll say yes to it. Remind me to break down and add a link to y'all.

I could take the time one day and seperate the big from small, all I'll need is what size you consider to be 'big'.

Exclusive stuff? At the moment, TresCity has the Novel, and Theory Book. It'd have EC (emergency compound), but i'm more of the visionary, not the builder.

Thx for updateding the site for TresCity, means alot.

I noticed you said my site. I guess Will has gave up on TresCity... on well. Anyway, I figured we could use a co-webmaster. My only reply so far has been Slugger, and his/her record seems good. PHP, HTML and MySQL experence. Course even I was able to update the site last night without frontpage. Heh.

I'm gone for 11 hours. Thx for all the help. Later.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

as I'm writing this, I'm already on setting everything up for ya. I'll be redirecting trescity.trescom.org to the diehard account. Oh and I'll also set up an email account for ya: trescity@trescom.org and redirect it to your exisitng one...

so glad you're up to the task. I think that slugger seems to be an alright choice btw. Even though he's new to it all, he seems quite interested in the process, which is a good thing...

and to get back to the account question, I'd need you to seperate files, which are larger than a few hundred Kb (let's say 300-500) from the others. It'll most likely speed up your page...

EDIT:

just noticed that i can set you up with a subdomain email account, so you could have it called : rexy@trescity.trescom.org

or such
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Trav, nice to see that TresCity is back... maybe Wajas still has an interest here? Yes? No?

Btw, not to be the grouch here, but make sure that future screen shots are cleared by Remdul as well. Sometimes, I post screenies just for his benefit so he can check out his models and some shots 'reveal' more than Remdul cares to make public. ;)
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

yeah, let's just try to straighten certain things out before updating the site... some intern things simply aren't meant to be shown to the public... so communication is really important
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul wrote:...I haven't added details to the last part of the mine tunnels, once you got everything in place Rebel, let me know...
Remdul, what details are we missing? (are you referring to tunnelxx? Up to you, though if you wanted, you could always skip the timbers, either way.) I've got it all setup, water flowing, all necessary sub-objects in place n' completed. I used your stalagtite models to make a few singular ones (could shoot 'em down), added the simple triggers for waterfall sounds. Not sure what you might have in mind to stick inside the end shack (t'was thinking of placing a broken air tank there, the good one would be found elsewhere. Other items, perhaps a pair of flippers, snorkel, whatever you can think of, bud.), but might I suggest that we create a black face (perhaps even a simple 3 or 4 frame abyss animation) and place that below the water's surface to obsure the end of the cavern and give the illusion of deep, dark water somewhere below?