Minor stuff

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Got it, my friend. ;)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, when you get the chance, please texture the below model (Crater Door Slot). I've automated the doors to recess into the walls instead of swingin' open, so the model below is just like a dummy shell for the frame edges.... should do fine. The doors themselves behaved too wildly with magnets, so I ditched that angle in lieu of automation.

http://www.geocities.com/lastrebel41/Tres/Slot.ZIP

*Also, I've already modelled a screwdriver, but I'd like you to make one as well so we have two different models. I've already placed 1 inside the Venture, but we should place another one at the b29 wrecksite too. I'd like to have at least 2 tools that'll short out the crater panel. (I think I may place a very small sound block just inside the slot of the panel to, so that a 'perfect gunshot' will also short out the panel). I've got this all setup (puzzle too) and it worked out nicely and looks great. Once we get the copter on its pad, the fencing in place and the truck alonside the hanger, I'll add in the remainder of the crater's exterior landscape details. Also, (must like that word today) I think the moai statues will go on the shorelines between our lighthouse and the b29 too. They'll fit in perfectly there.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Didn't have the time to work on stuff until now.

Replaced my CPU fan with a much bigger one. Added an additional case fan as well. That ought to get me thu the hot summer (reminds me, need to replace the trescom.org theme with the old one). 8)
Also bought a new dsl router to fix some internet connection sharing issues. Might setup my own webserver as well.

Anyway, sliding doors sounds cool, fits the structure as well.

* 'bout the moai; as long as the bay isn't getting to crowded it's ok. If the player does take the trouble to get around the mountains then there should be something rewarding on the other side of the island as well.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Yea, true. Though we do have our pilot's lair and I also considered the backside of the Island for that bloodied Ptera and a few comps feeding there. Don't worry, it'll look right. ;)

No crowding... they'll (statues) fit in that spot nicely. :)

*btw, I think the spark animation looks pretty damn good. With an added effect, kicks ass.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Anything going on for the weekend, or shall I plan on going out and get drunk? :o