Fedora

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Fedora

Post by Dapper Dan »

I updated from Red Hat 9 to Fedora yesterday. All looks promising but I had to go back to 9.0 because Fedora has issues running Winex3, thus no Trespasser. I'll wait a bit more before upgrading...
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Just found out at the Transgaming site that the above mentioned problem, occures when you have used apt-get upgrade from Redhat 9 to Fedora core 1. I understand that for this error not to occur, you must do a fresh install of Fedora. I'm still taking a wait and see attitude with it. From what I've read, it is not ready for prime time. It probably should be straightened out in a few months though...
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I finally did a nuke and pave to all new Fedora. For the most part everything is much better than RH 9. Many improvements, however, I cannot get Tres to run at all!! :no:

Maybe there is another issue here that is unrelated, but I keep getting fatal errors! This really sux! HL and TF work as well as they did before. Tres so far is a no go! :cry:
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

Maybe it is because tres uses such an old version of DX.
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

Perhaps you should wait for Fedora 2? :)
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I considered it but thought better when I read about the problems it's been having. I'm going to try installing Tres to HD and run it that way to see if there is a difference.
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."