Dozer Test

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Dozer Test

Post by Rebel »

I was watching Shadefyre's tc level video and he mentioned that it was too bad that you couldn't
at least ride the dozer (even if in a straight line). Well, I tried that and came up with a test level
of that. I was just curious to see if it could be done -
Attachments
Dozer_Ride.zip
Dozer
(861.76 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Dozer Test

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dude that is slick! Without checking T-script, I am guessing you gave it a physics axis-vector that simply made it go forward on a single axis? Or is it a force-push? It traverses the terrain perfectly.. tho if my suspicions are correct it will only work going straight or up-hill.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

It primarily uses actiontype 10 (x,y,z) force and a stabilizing magnet to allow it to follow the terrain
changes. I refined/changed the triggers to better suit a puzzle I had in mind for future use though,
it actually came out better than I had hoped.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

This is really cool, man. I can definitely see some applications for its future use, though I have different plans for executing vehicles. How exactly does the magnet work? I thought you couldn't have objects with moving magnets attached to them move at all without crashing the game.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... I think the only problem is rotating magnets (hinges). Standard magnets that just hold two objects together shouldn't be a problem (that's how they make breakable furniture in the retail levels, after all).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Neato. Then its like I did with that jeep in JPDS~testing. If I'm correct this only works to follow the terrain if the path is all-up-hill..
Shadefyre
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Shadefyre »

Wow, it's neat to see that my ramblings/observations gave you a little bit of an idea, Rebel. :esmile:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Shadefyre wrote:Wow, it's neat to see that my ramblings/observations gave you a little bit of an idea, Rebel. :esmile:
That they did, Shadefyre. My antenna's are up while listening to your narratives. I have to say, you do
a great job on these videos; they're not only enjoyable, but help to keep this game alive! Nice job on my
Ruins Level too, thanks, man. ;) There's just something about this game, it just doesn't belong tossed a-
side onto the scrapheap of yesteryear.

*On a related note, that crossbow does work, but you need to have the bow stored and then grab the ar-
row off the dead roman soldier. If it loads, ie. the arrow disappears and you hear a click, the bow is good
to go (though sometimes you have to unstore, then restore the bow before the arrow loads (the triggers
involved are rather numerous and complex)).
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Wow that's awesome! 8> I didn't know making the bulldozer move was possible in Trespasser, that just made the game even cooler in my opinion, it was already really cool before but this makes it even cooler. That's pretty cool rebel.

Dylan
" Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming" - Ian Malcolm
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Thanks, D.H., but I don't think I'm the first modder to do it. I think Draco and machf might have done something
similar to this. I'm not really sure, they'd have to chime in.
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Yeah
" Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming" - Ian Malcolm
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

I wonder if a drivable car is possible in trespasser, like if you could turn it left and right
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Hey Rebel, could I use your movable dozer in a level I'm making?

Thanks, Dylan
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Dinohunter wrote:Hey Rebel, could I use your movable dozer in a level I'm making?

Thanks, Dylan
Sure. If something is released, consider it public domain. If it helps you get into level building,
by all means, use it. ;)
Dinohunter
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dinohunter »

Thank you! When I get the level finished Ill post it on the forums 8>

Dylan