Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Post by tatu »

Here is a test I did for Rebel's Ruins level that got working custom TPAs, for reference:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fve6q4157 ... 19.7z/file
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Quick update. Progress is still being made. All be it much slower. When I restarted my work from 2013. It was a lot of fun adding and moving objects around. Making Trespasser better was rewarding. However, over a week ago I finished all the object imports and edits. 95% of what is left is plants. Hundred and hundreds of plants. The work I did back in 2013 was mostly in TresEd. Unfortunately as I slowly walk through each level in Trespasser itself. I can see there were many things I missed and many unseen mistakes. I have finished all the plants in each level except for Jungle Road and Industrial Jungle. I would say I am over 50% done with my slow walkthrough in Jungle Road. I haven't yet started a slow walkthrough in Industrial Jungle. I was pouring my entire evenings each day into finishing this huge endevor. However now I can only really tolerate two or so hours a night of tedious plant editing. Good news is I can see the light at then of this tunnel. Hopefully I will have a playtest/prerelease version to share by the end of this week.

Side note: Strangely The Lab will not start in Tres CE. Loading the level fresh causes a crash back to desktop when the progress bars reach 100%. The map still loads fine with the original and ATX EXEs. Even stranger. If I start the map in ATX and immediately save the game. I can load that save in Tres CE. I just cant start the Lab fresh in CE. Very Strange. I believe the problem started way back when I imported the human skeleton objects. I have many backups but... Going back that far would undo many many hours of work on that map. Not sure what to do about this issue.
Last edited by LCountach on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:Here is a test I did for Rebel's Ruins level that got working custom TPAs, for reference:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fve6q4157 ... 19.7z/file
Thankyou. I will have a look at a later date.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I only read parts of all this.. but in what I read, you couldn't get fm.ini to work. First off it does NOT go in the main folder, it goes in the particular folder of the active fm (fan mod). The way CE generally works is that you have (mainfolder)/mods/(modname), which contains its own data folder. The (modname) folder is where the fm.ini for that particular mod goes. You have to create your own directories here. Check out a mod like "FallLodge" to see a working CE mod like this.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Another little update. I just finished Jungle Road. That... how do I say this. That map was a big mess. The vast majority of the plants in that level needed TLC.

I dont think I will make the goal of finishing this week. I haven't started my last map (Industrial Jungle) yet. I also found a few more tweaks to Injen Town that would add to its completeness. Still working hard though. Hopefully done soon.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hope this is all worth it to you. Maybe fuel for a future original mod ;)
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Yesterday after I finished working on my TLC patch for the day. I decided to play Build 55 and 32 again. I really liked the Plantation House level. I wished it was fixed up and playable in the retail build of the game. I searched the forums and found "TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project" (aka. Tatu's Unofficial Patch Project). Tatu, I had no idea you had started a project almost exactly like my own. Of course is haven been here on TresCom since 2013. That is until I started this thread. Anyway, I can see why you said you were happy I was working on this project. I was also very happy to see you had converted PH to a playable map. Is there any more background info about what the devs planned for PH? If we could flesh it out a bit. It would be a great addition to the retail game.
Last edited by LCountach on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatu

Post by tatu »

LCountach wrote:Yesterday after I finished working on my TLC patch for the day. I decided to play Build 55 again. I really liked the Plantation House level. I wished it was fixed up and playable in the retail build of the game. I searched the forums and found "TUPP - Trespasser's Unofficial Patch Project" (aka. Tatu's Unofficial Patch Project). Tatu, I had no idea you had started a project almost exactly like my own. Of course is haven been here on TresCom since 2013. That is until I started this thread. Anyway, I can see why you said you were happy I was working on this project. I was also very happy to see you had converted PH to a playable map. Is there any more background info about what the devs planned for PH? If we could flesh it out a bit. It would be a great addition to the retail game.
Nice. However, I would recommend checking out the main News page and use the tools machf and Rebel did to properly convert the files to work in the retail engine. I had to "hack" them in a way, their way is better and will allow you to work directly with the original version :)

I don't think we have much information except the level itself and the design documents and the voiceover script. The only thing I know is Seamus said they at some point had a puzzle to get inside PH where you jumped onto the roof somehow.

But yes, I recommend you start from scratch rather than using my version now :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Anyone know where these shots are from? I haven't seen many of the assets in any of the Beta Builds we have. For example: The Outhouse, Building, Or Vending Machine.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
Click on Image
tatu

Post by tatu »

The top one is from some early Test level. The hightmap for it is in an image in the source. Machf hade a terrain based on it and you can find it somewhere in the download section.

The other two are probably just marketing images. Another image with that shack Seamus said it was only made for the marketing team and actually never was any real area or anything like that.

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

So we dont have a way to get those items I mentioned as props? That's a shame. I had some ideas where to put them.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Well we do have the the board, chair and metal table on the left that is in the middle image (table part of the Mystery Models pack), Sadly no with the other stuff.

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I have a question. I have been trying to resize the Loading Shack "SloadingShak00-00" from the Lab map. Doing this causes graphical glitches. There is a single entry in its TScript "bool CacheIntersecting = true". Editing it to "false" doesn't fix the problem. Removing this causes crashing. Exporting then re-importing the resized building causes crashing. Is there a reason for this or is it just another Trespasser oddity I must work around/ignore? I am resizing the building because there seems to be an inconsistency in the scale of this level's buildings and objects. I was hoping to make things more uniform and realistic. I cant fix everything because the scale problems are rampant throughout the Trespasser models. But, I thought I would do what I can.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I have no knowledge about the graphical glitches. However, I believe that script can only be edited outside of TresEd, so export it, edit the script and reimport it by replacing the textures as well, but I am no 100%. Machf should know :)

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's the occlusion objects, duh... if you resize the shack, you must resize them proportionally.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files