Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Merging Trespasser Into A Single Level

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu I thought you were closer than that?
Yes and no. I have taken some stuff into account like lack of mood, time for "beta" testing and some other fixes I haven't gotten to :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by dinoboys474 »

will this be the BIGGEST trespasser level in trespasser history?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Not sure if it would be the biggest one, but quite possibly the longest one...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

dinoboys474 wrote:will this be the BIGGEST trespasser level in trespasser history?
I think it will be, actually...the only comparable levels would be JPDS and RTJP, but neither of those levels occupy the entire terrain area, being split up into seperate levels in order to avoid object limitations. The two levels (TresNorth and TresSouth) don't use the whole area, either, but I think the .WTD on its own is the largest ever (8192x8192, though the terrain area itself isn't all that large).
machf wrote:Not sure if it would be the biggest one, but quite possibly the longest one...
That depends on how experienced someone is with Trespasser, although there are some new surprises along the way to keep veterans on their toes.
Jackmills
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Jackmills »

I think it took me two hours to breeze through the retail. So a merged levels version will take me a Hollywood movie's runtime to complete it, for me.

I have a question. Are there plans to adjust levels, to make them different enough from retail and worthy of playing this version of Trespasser? for example, a broken beaten up InGen jeep at an empty corner, surrounded by interest?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Jackmills wrote:I think it took me two hours to breeze through the retail. So a merged levels version will take me a Hollywood movie's runtime to complete it, for me.

I have a question. Are there plans to adjust levels, to make them different enough from retail and worthy of playing this version of Trespasser? for example, a broken beaten up InGen jeep at an empty corner, surrounded by interest?
Yes and no. This one will include PH for example and you will not have any loading transition between levels (only between IT and PV) and the next section of levels will include Pine Valley, so it will definitely be worth checking out.

It won't have any major changes but rather a combination of all versions there is. Future releases will however contain more drastic changes and edition :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

One of the differences will be being able to see level areas from each other's ends/beginnings, and the ability to take guns with you as you go.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:One of the differences will be being able to see level areas from each other's ends/beginnings, and the ability to take guns with you as you go.
That's a big one to me - especially since you can actually see across the entire island now from the Summit. And I've done a bit of work here and there as well on the parts of the island that aren't actually explored in-game so that future updates to the levels can allow the player to access the entire island. Not to mention the Plains area is actually there in-game...all it needs is some populating. :wink:
dinoboys474
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by dinoboys474 »

hi its me again, hows the project
tatu

Post by tatu »

dinoboys474 wrote:hi its me again, hows the project
Well this project has kinda been merged into the Trespasser: Isla Sorna project: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11122 :)