Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: wikia ingen list

Post by Draconisaurus »

"We never knew why it grew so large." ~ Hammond (Tres voiceover)

Thanks for the fix, Nick!
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

Draconisaurus wrote:"We never knew why it grew so large."
As mentioned in the Hammond's script, this quote was actually intended for the T-rex in Ascent.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh seriously? Damn... *poof* Guess it's now in myth-land.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
As mentioned in the Hammond's script, this quote was actually intended for the T-rex in Ascent.
It never specifies it is for Ascent. Personally I find that it fits more with Plains, as that T-Rex also got its own recorded Anne lines (starting at VA135).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

tatu wrote:It never specifies it is for Ascent. Personally I find that it fits more with Plains, as that T-Rex also got its own recorded Anne lines (starting at VA135).
Yeah, that could be right. But I always assiociated it with that unique specimen from the Mayan ruins. Could it be that they originally planned to have this red and black "Alpha T-rex" in Plains level and then they move it into Ascent?
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
tatu

Post by tatu »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
tatu wrote:It never specifies it is for Ascent. Personally I find that it fits more with Plains, as that T-Rex also got its own recorded Anne lines (starting at VA135).
Yeah, that could be right. But I always assiociated it with that unique specimen from the Mayan ruins. Could it be that they originally planned to have this red and black "Alpha T-rex" in Plains level and then they move it into Ascent?
Maybe? It fits with the Ascent T-Rex as it looks the most scary one with its colours :D However! Thinking about it it makes sense for that T-Rex based on how Hammond say it moved north. Neither Anne or the walkthrough mention a T-Rex at the Mayan ruins in Ascent so that is why I am thinking it is for the T-Rex in Plains as her voiceovers is for that one :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:
I assumed it was a reference to the alpha/boss raptor.
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

tatu wrote: Neither Anne or the walkthrough mention a T-Rex at the Mayan ruins in Ascent so that is why I am thinking it is for the T-Rex in Plains as her voiceovers is for that one :)
The Walkthrough document actually mentions one:
Why would Anne want to mess around on the pyramid at all, given how dangerous it is? Well, as soon as she proceeds a few meters down the central avenue of the city, she will hear the roar of a T-Rex. It will come stalking slowly into the city (it has fallen in some traps itself, and is taking care). It comes down an avenue free of traps, anyway - only the central avenue which Anne has to walk down to get into the town has pit traps on it. This Rex will basically herd Anne towards the temple, as best as it can give our AI. Most of the other buildings in town are roofless anyway, and aren't of any use to hide from the beast.

This sequence should involve Anne scrambling around the outside and inside of the pyramid, inadvertantly triggering traps, until finally she winds up on the head-triggering step halfway up the back of the pyramid. The Rex should be scripted to move quickly into position and repeatedly snap (but miss) at Anne when she steps on the the trigger, and all she has to do is jump out of the way as the head begins to roll down, and the Rex, distracted by her movement, won't get out of the way in time to avoid a fatal crushing.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh I missed that. Didn't read that closely. Nice :)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu, your credibility has failed you :sick: :yum:
Btw why am I labeled as a spammer >_>
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu, your credibility has failed you :sick: :yum:
Btw why am I labeled as a spammer >_>
Well sometimes I can't bother with the walkthrough cause in some cases it is not true to what the devs ever did (Town for example). Some parts are incomplete and some parts are just arcady :P

Maybe it has to do with your post count ;)