Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Another Cow

Post by Rebel »

Cow is a mishmash of an altered body of remdul's pig and the cow's head
that machf rigged. (zip is the level files, not just the model)

The texturing is as close as I could get it. The rigging itself is pretty good,
but if you do use it, I'd change the name from 'trike' to 'cow' before import.

The cowbell sound uses the trigger next to the fake cow; if you wanted to
actually hear the cowbell sound you need to import the included .cau file
into your effects.tpa (be certain to click the small button (import as effects
if you use tpa_reader for the import). Else, the sound will not be attached
to the cow.

Name of cowbell.cau file assigned for import: "cow-foot"

The CowBell is CEnitityAttached to the cow, so I wouldn't move the cow
or export it without moving or exporting the bell together since tresed will
not export or move them as it does bones and matching up the scale and
position on attached objects to animals is time consuming (and can really
test one's patience).

*On a related note, if anyone ever uses the trike or steg vocal cubes, do
note that if you want them to eat, but hear a basketball sound, that's be-
cause those two dinos are missing the 'tear vocal cubes'. So, you'd need
to add those on your own (just copy, assign correct int dinosaur # to the
script of the cube).

**Unfortunately, I had no time to look for cow vocals -
Attachments
CowVersion.zip
another cow
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 570 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Another Cow

Post by Draconisaurus »

Richard Levine (TLW novel) wrote:I wish to express that importing sounds into retail files is extremely unwise. There is a history of this causing other sounds in the files to no longer work, a similar problem as with retail-level modification. It is highly recommended to use CE additive TPAs instead.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Richard Levine (TLW novel) wrote:I wish to express that importing sounds into retail files is extremely unwise. There is a history of this causing other sounds in the files to no longer work, a similar problem as with retail-level modification. It is highly recommended to use CE additive TPAs instead.
I do this all the time, Drac. I never had a problem, but I've always recommended that you keep a
copy of your original tpa files just in case. There are literally dozens of new sounds in the effects
retail tpa file used in tc-isle and it never broke anything.

Now, that's not to say that it can't happen, it just never happened to me. Updating tpas, in par-
ticular the effects and ambient tpa files is a complicated rewrite of the file. Every single entry in-
cluding the address of the foley table has to be updated and it takes hundreds of lines of code to
do it. You can always use tpaadd ( (andres' program) if you don't trust the reader, but then you
have to hex edit the entry (rexhunter's hack) to apply volume distance.

As far as additive tpas, those can be used in atx as well. It isn't exclusive to CE. I still don't like
CE's mod setups, documentation has a lot to be desired.

Below contains an effects.tpa file (7zip) already updated:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1tp7feaq ... ts.7z/file
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:
I do this all the time, Drac. I never had a problem, but I've always recommended that you keep a
copy of your original tpa files just in case. There are literally dozens of new sounds in the effects
retail tpa file used in tc-isle and it never broke anything.

Now, that's not to say that it can't happen, it just never happened to me. Updating tpas, in par-
ticular the effects and ambient tpa files is a complicated rewrite of the file. Every single entry in-
cluding the address of the foley table has to be updated and it takes hundreds of lines of code to
do it. You can always use tpaadd ( (andres' program) if you don't trust the reader, but then you
have to hex edit the entry (rexhunter's hack) to apply volume distance.

As far as additive tpas, those can be used in atx as well. It isn't exclusive to CE. I still don't like
CE's mod setups, documentation has a lot to be desired.
From what I understand adding stuff to the retail TPAs can mainly be an issue for the effects TPA due to the foley table, however any other TPA should be fine as it only contain non-collision sounds.
I believe we should know enough now anyway that the TPAReader can add new files without messing up. The only thing it really need is to play old TPAs and be able to create its own foley table (porting EffectsEditor into it).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu that sounds to about sum it up.
Jack Thorne (TLW Novel) wrote:For reference, the discovery came about when Tatu made combined-beta-retail TPA files for Trespasser and I discovered ingame that the vehicle-crash sound material no longer worked. Stuck out like a sore thumb.
(Chaotician Drac) From what I've seen, CE documentation is indeed very poor, or at least difficult to take in.
Does anyone have time to write up a document to edit into Lee's first post?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu that sounds to about sum it up.
Jack Thorne (TLW Novel) wrote:For reference, the discovery came about when Tatu made combined-beta-retail TPA files for Trespasser and I discovered ingame that the vehicle-crash sound material no longer worked. Stuck out like a sore thumb.
(Chaotician Drac) From what I've seen, CE documentation is indeed very poor, or at least difficult to take in.
Does anyone have time to write up a document to edit into Lee's first post?
I honestly don't understand what's giving everyone so much trouble when it comes to the CE documentation - it does take some time to read, yes, but it overall is quite simple. I will eventually make a CE guide, but for now it is IMPERATIVE that anyone intending to mod in CE should read all of the documentation thoroughly.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

What is the rig for the cow is it the stego or tirke? I want to make a cenizoic creature.