HUGE BUG IN NEW CE PATCH

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

SHORESTONE!
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

HUGE BUG IN NEW CE PATCH

Post by SHORESTONE! »

Okie so I just started playing trespass but I didn't like the field of view/resolution
So I downloaded ce patch from this website so I can have my native resolution and a higher field of view
Buutttt some of the textures ( mostly terrain ) are gray and I think the textures that do work are from a custom texture mod I also downloaded from this site
SHORESTONE!
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: HUGE BUG IN NEW CE PATCH

Post by SHORESTONE! »

This is what i'm dealing with
Attachments
TOO MUCH GRAY
TOO MUCH GRAY
Screenshot (258).png (2.18 MiB) Viewed 10083 times
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hi there, nice to see a newcomer. There are some C.E. experts around here, but unfortunately, I'm not
one of them. However, I'm certain someone will come around and help with the problem.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome to the site! :)

The textures you're seeing properly are being loaded from the TexHW folder. It seems as if you're getting the missing texture bug a lot of others are experiencing with CE. It's also possible the level's .SWP files are missing - have you tried loading a different level?

You should try setting "Enable10bitDisplay=True" to "False" and vice versa and see if perhaps that works.
SHORESTONE!
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by SHORESTONE! »

Thank you for the welcome!!! :3
Sadly disabling 10bitdisplay did not fix My texture issue....
Thanks anyway
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!

How did you install the game? It appears several issues is fixed when you install the game from the hard drive and not the CD (put the files from the CD in a folder and install from there). You could also try using one of the CE patcher yochenhsieh made: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11348
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to the Jurassic Reality Nexus 8)

Definitely always install Trespasser from the disc's or ISO's files copied into their own folder, with the disc/ISO NOT present when doing so. This solves all kinds of things as well as being helpful if you decide to start modding.
SHORESTONE!
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by SHORESTONE! »

When I installed the game it was working really well besides the video options but I fixed that somehow
its just the ce patch version that has no textures
if someone knows of a different patch that allows dx9 and 2560x1440 resolution please tell me because I get 20 frames without dx9
Thank you all for trying to help <3
tatu

Post by tatu »

SHORESTONE! wrote:When I installed the game it was working really well besides the video options but I fixed that somehow
its just the ce patch version that has no textures
if someone knows of a different patch that allows dx9 and 2560x1440 resolution please tell me because I get 20 frames without dx9
Thank you all for trying to help <3
There is no other patch that allows for DirectX9. Did you use any of the trespasser.ini files examples found within the documentation of CE?
You could also try to (if you did a hard drive install which is recommended) convert all the .spz files into .swp files instead (Look at the download/tools section on the site for SWPz).
You could also try to run the game as admin in case it don't get permission to write the .swp to the folder. Oh and also, cause of later Windows, install it outside of program files unless you run without UAC on.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I have the sneaking suspicion that it's a lack of SWP files that's causing a lot of the no-texture errors...
SHORESTONE!
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by SHORESTONE! »

okay so running the game as admin and also reinstalling everything 5 times worked
ty all for the help