Really Weird Red Glitch???

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

KlaytonFioriti
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Really Weird Red Glitch???

Post by KlaytonFioriti »

Hey so I've just started to play this game and so far I'm loving it...BUT I have run into a kind of serious couple of problems recently. So I got my copy of the game from a link on GGGMANLIVES video review of the game on YouTube. The first level plays great and was easy to do everything you're supposed to. However from level 2 onwards everything in the game turns into red and pink polygons without any textures. I also noticed around this point that I was unable to save or load my game...any idea on how I could fix this problem??? I ended up playing through Level 2 with the Red polygons taking the place of all of the dinosaurs and environments. I completed it but I have no idea what anything was haha :lol: I was hoping to play the game on my YouTube channel in the future but I can't do that if it's all red polygons that snarl at me when I walk by them haha. Thanks in advance for any help that comes my way. Much appreciated :)
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Really Weird Red Glitch???

Post by Shep »

Common problem with newer machines. I haven't played Trespasser in some months but I do recall the ce patch does correct this and at the same time adds dx9 support (Correct me Trescom if i'm wrong haha).

Another fix I found was if you used an xp install, though it'd be more convenient to get the ce patch.

CE: http://trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 3d9dcccc71
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome to the site! :)

We've had others encounter this issue before, but for the life of me I can't remember how it's been fixed as it's never happened to me. I seem to recall this happening to people using CE as well, though, so it might not be the fix after all.

The top post here has been reported to fix the issue, if you're willing to follow the steps outlined in the install process:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11200

Good luck fixing the game! Always great to have people sharing this wonderful disaster of a game with the rest of the world. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, again, to TresCom 8) I do hope you can find a fix for that issue. Would be great to see the game on your youtube channel.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

The top post here has been reported to fix the issue, if you're willing to follow the steps outlined in the install process:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11200

Ohhhh, in my mind I was thinking of the glitch that if you changed screen resolutions or go to desktop and back again the screen would go this red pink pixel mess or something.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

KlaytonFioriti
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by KlaytonFioriti »

Hey guys!
Just want to say thanks for your help! I fixed the problem and I don't see any more red pixels! The game is working and running smoothly! Super excited to play it on the channel! I really appreciate the help you guys provided me with! This has been a game that I've wanted to play for many, many years! Can't wait to start my first playthrough!
Again, thanks for the help!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

KlaytonFioriti wrote:Hey guys!
Just want to say thanks for your help! I fixed the problem and I don't see any more red pixels! The game is working and running smoothly! Super excited to play it on the channel! I really appreciate the help you guys provided me with! This has been a game that I've wanted to play for many, many years! Can't wait to start my first playthrough!
Again, thanks for the help!
Glad to hear it is fixed and feel free to share when you put up the videos :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Enjoy!
After finishing the game, you can try the various 3rd-party levels available for download...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:Enjoy!
After finishing the game, you can try the various 3rd-party levels available for download...
And some of the early Trespasser builds viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10959 :yes: :yes: :yes:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Klayton, glad you got the game working! Knowing your channel I'm thinking a mod or two of Trespasser may be worth making episodes for sometime in the future. :) For sure check out "TC Trilogy" if you can.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Oh, it’s so nice to see you at TresCom, Klayton. Following you since early 2017 ;)
Welcome to Trespasser! (Hammond style lol)
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death