Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Re: Harold Greenwood in fact is…Dodgson?

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Maybe Sullivan was a BioSyn spy, but still he was part of the InGen hunters and definilty not the guy from helicopter.
And Greenwood could be on this helicopter because it is the most shortest way to the city and the dam, where Harold indeed met his demise. He was heading for the lab, so this could be possible.
On the other hand we don’t know how BioSyn helicopter crashed in the canyon and when this crash happened. We can only speculate on this matter.

Also, am I the only one who find amusing Jurassic Park 3 plane-crash plot is some sort of a reference to the crushed smuggler’s plane from Trespasser? :wink:
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Mof1234567890 wrote:Well yes, in the retail game Greenwood’s story is almost cut out and common player (not a Trespasser fan) will think that is just some dude who ventured to Site B only for extreme.
Worth mention is that it looks like Greenwood's story was planned to be mainly used for the Plains level, why so little of his story remains in the released game.
Mof1234567890 wrote:It doesn’t make sense. Sullivan’s name written on the missing InGen hunters list, he has no connections to the BioSyn. This was obviously a screenwriter’s mistake, since Sullivan is not a skeleton near crashed helicopter in IJ.
And it is pretty obvious that Greenwood indeed was on that helicopter and survived the crash.
There is a skeleton near the crashed helicopter in IJ, where you find the AK.

One voiceover about "Michael Sullivan" you guys missed to quite:

Code: Select all

VH111 - Sullivan, R. M.: still missing.
Both me and Hilwo are 100% all of the missing hunter voiceovers was planned for AS1, definitely not IJ.
Mof1234567890 wrote:OH MY GOD!
I did some digging and found out, thar Dodgson in the novel (TLW) has a special electronic divice that scared dinosaurs away. And that divice is actually mentioned in unused Hammond’s voice-lines.
This means that Greenwood device saved him from raptors in the canyon (IJ level), when the helicopter crashed. But somehow he lost it and was wounded by raptors near the dam. You know the rest.
This is another clue, maybe Greenwood in fact was Dodgson :o
The device Greenwood got in the script is a device to bypass the gates security, not to scare away the dinosaurs, as seen in the screen on the first page.

As for Harold, keep discuss. Been ages since we had any bigger discussion about anything really, specially with the voiceover scripts we have ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Yep, I was talking about that quote that Hammond sad about Sullivan still missing. And yes, he was in missing InGen hunters list. Also I know about the skeleton with AK near the crashed helicopter, but this is definilty not Sullivan. Maybe pilot, or he was a random guy and not from the helicopter.
In Harold case I must say that he ventured for Site B for steal data from lab, so there is no way that he is not involved with BioSyn or some other genetic company who knew about InGen secrets. In my thoughts Greenwood was hired like Nedry, maybe not BioSyn…but someone else. He tricked Hammond, lied to him and apparently vanished without a trace. And after that Hammond started to suspect him, but it was too late. Although I think Greenwood never truly understood the danger and died terrified and beaten.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Mof1234567890 wrote:Yep, I was talking about that quote that Hammond sad about Sullivan still missing. And yes, he was in missing InGen hunters list. Also I know about the skeleton with AK near the crashed helicopter, but this is definilty not Sullivan. Maybe pilot, or he was a random guy and not from the helicopter.
I would say random guy, mainly because of the InGen crate with the remains. However, I would say it is the pilot cause it makes most sense and the InGen crate is only there to populate the area. We do know that area of the level used to be a lake before they changed it so who knows where they planned to have one.
As a note: Both 96/97 and the E3 build of IJ got remains of the crashed helicopter music at the location of the monolit in retail, but the helicopter was first placed, as we know it in the PCGamer build in the lake area.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

So we can speculate that it was only Greenwood, on thar helicopter. He managed to survive the crash and escaped from raptors. Maybe he even reached the city, but I doubt it. I think he found another path to the dam, but was already wounded by raptors (or during the crash) and hide from the danger inside the dam. Then he died from a blood-lost. And that’s such a shame that we never knew what was his intentions in the first place.
And from that matter I can compare Trespasser and another great game Peter Jackson’s King Kong, which I called a spiritual suqsessor of Trespasser. This games are both so fascinating.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:Well yes, in the retail game Greenwood’s story is almost cut out and common player (not a Trespasser fan) will think that is just some dude who ventured to Site B only for extreme.
Worth mention is that it looks like Greenwood's story was planned to be mainly used for the Plains level, why so little of his story remains in the released game.
Speaking of the Plains level, it's worth mentioning that the smugglers' plane was originally meant for that level, too. Wonder if there was any relation...?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Hmmm… interesting thoughts. Who knows, maybe Greenwood was originally on this plane. Maybe it tried to land on the Plains but ultimately crashed. We need more clues
tatu

Post by tatu »

Nah, I think the Smugglers Plane was only put into the game as a nice discovery and something to populate the Plains with. It was only a drug smuggler plane and nothing else I would believe.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh plains is such a cool place. Wonder if/when we might actually get those battery/remote models.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:Nah, I think the Smugglers Plane was only put into the game as a nice discovery and something to populate the Plains with. It was only a drug smuggler plane and nothing else I would believe.
But why would drug smugglers fly to a dinosaur-infested island? Either there were carrying a passenger to be delivered over there to make a few extra bucks, or the other way around, drugs were a bonus cargo and the passeneger the main reason they were flying to the island...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Or they got lost. That Monolith dude, bet it creates navigation distortions.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote:Nah, I think the Smugglers Plane was only put into the game as a nice discovery and something to populate the Plains with. It was only a drug smuggler plane and nothing else I would believe.
But why would drug smugglers fly to a dinosaur-infested island? Either there were carrying a passenger to be delivered over there to make a few extra bucks, or the other way around, drugs were a bonus cargo and the passeneger the main reason they were flying to the island...
My guess is they got caught in a typical coincidental storm while in the area which forced them to crash-land on the island, rather than having deliberately wanted to land there, especially since there isn't any other trace of the drug smugglers anywhere else on the island. Also, as far as we know, Trespasser's version of Isla Sorna didn't have an airfield, and considering that most of the island is jungle, it would be really hard to land a plane anywhere else. The only safe place I can possibly think of where an aircraft could have been landed would be the harbour, but even then the concrete area isn't anywhere near large enough to safely get a plane of that size to the ground.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote: My guess is they got caught in a typical coincidental storm while in the area which forced them to crash-land on the island, rather than having deliberately wanted to land there, especially since there isn't any other trace of the drug smugglers anywhere else on the island.
It would have been a hell of a storm to take them so many km off-course... (I'm assuming the location of the island is either the one in unofficial maps of Las Cinco Muertes or the real-life location of Isla del Coco/Cocos Island, both being over 200 miles away from the nearest coast) Unless they were flying from Colombia to Hawaii, for example.
Also, as far as we know, Trespasser's version of Isla Sorna didn't have an airfield, and considering that most of the island is jungle, it would be really hard to land a plane anywhere else. The only safe place I can possibly think of where an aircraft could have been landed would be the harbour, but even then the concrete area isn't anywhere near large enough to safely get a plane of that size to the ground.
Well, it's the plains, I guess if there's any place somewhere in the island with enough flat terrain to land a plane, it would be there...
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

And still I think that JP 3 idea with a plane crash is a little homage to the Trespasser. Or it’s just my speculation xd
Maybe Greenwood was on that plane, maybe not. We will never know. Sadly, we can only speculate and theories about Greenwood’s agenda and other interesting things. But this is also a very cool thing about Trespasser. I really enjoy it
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Lol, what is this bug with two my posts? :?