What happened to the remaning InGen hunters?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

What happened to the remaning InGen hunters?

Post by Mof1234567890 »

We know that in Trespaser canon only a third of their number showed up at the randevouz…But what about survivors of the long grass incident and others? How and where they died?
Cause in Trespasser we can find many InGen hunters cars and equipment. And even skeletons, but no info on how exactly they end up near the coast.
Since the Van Owen “little” diversion destroyed all hunters cars and bikes, it seems to be highly unlikely that remaning hunters used them to flee to the randevouz. So guys, what do you think?

Also, hello to all Trespasser fans from Russia :D
I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: What happened to the remaning InGen hunters?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Jurassic Reality TLW11698

Am confident that in the Trespasser timeline, the hunting operation is significantly more extensive and the crashed hunter vehicles seen throughout the game are from both before and during/after the sabotage event. Probably some Survey Team jeeps couldn't handle the dinosaurs they found out in the wilderness, and surely some hunters used jeeps to try and escape the carnage at the camp. There's evidence that AS was meant to contain a voiceover storyline of the "Missing Hunters" element, telling stories about them. Some of the ones who didn't make it to the rendesvous.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Welcome to Jurassic Reality TLW11698

Am confident that in the Trespasser timeline, the hunting operation is significantly more extensive and the crashed hunter vehicles seen throughout the game are from both before and during/after the sabotage event. Probably some Survey Team jeeps couldn't handle the dinosaurs they found out in the wilderness, and surely some hunters used jeeps to try and escape the carnage at the camp. There's evidence that AS was meant to contain a voiceover storyline of the "Missing Hunters" element, telling stories about them. Some of the ones who didn't make it to the rendesvous.
That’s an interesting theory…And that’s a shame that Trespasser Canon (considering InGen Hunters) was almost cut. I also noticed how Hammond never mentions what actually happened to the hunters in his memoir. He only noticed that hunters were scattered and etc. So, in my theory the events of the Lost World (movie) actually never happen in Trespasser Universe, although Ludlow dispatched hunters to the Site B, but Malcolm and Co were not present. Hunters actually never captured T-Rex Buck since they all died or MIA (Roland maybe survived) and San-Diego Incidient never happened.
Remaning hunters were scattered across the island and tried to find randevouz point, but never got there (except of some lucky survivors). But then again…it’s just a theory.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'd say multiple TLW-film/Trespaser-story differences / timelines may be found. Anne does say "Hammond never mentioned a fire, I wonder how it started". This voiceover isn't in the final game, nor are (ingame) the burnt crates. These two elements were it seems originally the only loose connections to TLW-cause of the hunters scattering, wondered-at by Anne but not mentioned by Hammond, ultimately lost to the experience of the retail game. Perhaps a different, temporally-operating Covert Business is responsible for the severance of the Hunter origin timeline.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

Draconisaurus wrote:I'd say multiple TLW-film/Trespaser-story differences / timelines may be found. Anne does say "Hammond never mentioned a fire, I wonder how it started". This voiceover isn't in the final game, nor are (ingame) the burnt crates. These two elements were it seems originally the only loose connections to TLW-cause of the hunters scattering, wondered-at by Anne but not mentioned by Hammond, ultimately lost to the experience of the retail game. Perhaps a different, temporally-operating Covert Business is responsible for the severance of the Hunter origin timeline.
Maybe Trespasser takes place in the alternate timeline where elements from both the movie and book used. And there are also another timeline in the retail version of the game, loosely based only on TLW movie.
Insterestingly enough, the character of LaSalle was apparently replacing Roland in the Trespasser Timline and left for the Mt. Watson communications (which is actually makes no sense since Roland and Co already found a working radio in the Worker Village).Although Hammond mentioned Roland in the discription of LaSalle, it still makes no sense.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

The walkthrough mentions two groups of stranded hunters, the first in the 3rd section of the IJ (a small party got separated after the raptor attack and tried to fashion a raft to cross the lake) and in Pine Valley (a small group of hunters camped out). as for why the hunters in AS I'm assuming they were remnants from the original group that were left behind when the Rex was transported and rather then try to get to the town they opted to go to the summit but didn't know it was home to the Tribe C raptors.

And as a little fun fact
Anne012b
Oh god… something like 30 people died here. Professional hunter types, mercenaries.
While looking for the topic on the trailer cliff scene I saw a post on how many of each species are in the game, the Velociraptors came out around 140. Anyone up for counting the skeletons, the Raptor den in PV counts--have fun. :lol:

Also at the Mayan pavilion in JR there's a fire "roughly a year old" with a hunting rifle nearby.
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

MinePass wrote:The walkthrough mentions two groups of stranded hunters, the first in the 3rd section of the IJ (a small party got separated after the raptor attack and tried to fashion a raft to cross the lake) and in Pine Valley (a small group of hunters camped out). as for why the hunters in AS I'm assuming they were remnants from the original group that were left behind when the Rex was transported and rather then try to get to the town they opted to go to the summit but didn't know it was home to the Tribe C raptors.

And as a little fun fact
Anne012b
Oh god… something like 30 people died here. Professional hunter types, mercenaries.
While looking for the topic on the trailer cliff scene I saw a post on how many of each species are in the game, the Velociraptors came out around 140. Anyone up for counting the skeletons, the Raptor den in PV counts--have fun. :lol:

Also at the Mayan pavilion in JR there's a fire "roughly a year old" with a hunting rifle nearby.
So that means, that LaSalle and other hunters left for the summit AFTER they were left behind? So basically there were 3 or 4 groups (in my opinion, considering your information):
Group 1-the remaning hunters from the long grass incident left in the search of cover and never actually found the Worker Village. They were stranded in forest and camped there. Basically died there too.
Group 2-this group left in unknown direction and managed to find the river (maybe they found a way to the randevouz), started to build a raft, but were presumably killed by female T-Rex or raptors.
Group 3-LaSalle was among this group, so this hunters left for the summit to call the evacuation choppers, but were killed by raptors. I also heard rumors that LaSalle was killed by Alpha Raptor.
Group 4-they actually made it to the randevouz and evacuated. Although we can speculate that rescue choppers never arrived cause Ludlow just forgot about them.
Also there were a lone-hunters, who alone survived in jungle after they were separated by T-Rexes. I think they also were killed, but some of them maybe escaped to the coast or even deeper into the island. What do you think?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

As I see it alot of the discrepancies between the game and film can be explained one of two ways. First the reason Hammond is so vague about the hunters and what happened to them is because he hired Nick Van Owen to sabotage thier operation if they showed up. Considering he was removed from the company by the board of directors, his actions would certainly result in legal repercussions. And in the manual the back story says that following the San Diego incident he published his memoir. Now if I remember correctly the game strategy guide says that the island's fate is in a state of limbo as no one has the will or the means to destroy it. So I agree with you in that Trespasser is a separate universe where movie and novel merge, there's so much we could point out to support that idea.
Although I'm still iffy about the survey jeeps, while I could see them used to scout out hunting sites, the fact they are seen with the yellow crates makes me think they were from when the island was in operation.

On a side note, when I was reading the game guide it has us a year after The Lost World. If you remember from my last post I mentioned that fire at the pavilion being a year old. I wonder if there's a connection with the bloody marker board in the computer building :?.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

MinePass wrote:And as a little fun fact
Anne012b
I always thought Anne said "...like dirty people..." and not 30 :P

As for the skeletons. Maybe not all those found are the ones who invaded the island, but also security people getting killed the first time around ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

tatu wrote:
MinePass wrote:And as a little fun fact
Anne012b
I always thought Anne said "...like dirty people..." and not 30 :P

As for the skeletons. Maybe not all those found are the ones who invaded the island, but also security people getting killed the first time around ;)
Of course not all the skeletons on island actually remains of InGen hunters… but since most of the personnel of Site B were evacuated in time, it seems very odd. And since BioSyn present in Trespasser Timline, maybe some of their agents invaded island before or after events of the Lost World.
Also this quote about 30 people is kinda odd. By the way, at some point I heard a rumors that Dieter Stark remains originally were present in the game, on some level. Fake?
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

MinePass wrote:As I see it alot of the discrepancies between the game and film can be explained one of two ways. First the reason Hammond is so vague about the hunters and what happened to them is because he hired Nick Van Owen to sabotage thier operation if they showed up. Considering he was removed from the company by the board of directors, his actions would certainly result in legal repercussions. And in the manual the back story says that following the San Diego incident he published his memoir. Now if I remember correctly the game strategy guide says that the island's fate is in a state of limbo as no one has the will or the means to destroy it. So I agree with you in that Trespasser is a separate universe where movie and novel merge, there's so much we could point out to support that idea.
Although I'm still iffy about the survey jeeps, while I could see them used to scout out hunting sites, the fact they are seen with the yellow crates makes me think they were from when the island was in operation.

On a side note, when I was reading the game guide it has us a year after The Lost World. If you remember from my last post I mentioned that fire at the pavilion being a year old. I wonder if there's a connection with the bloody marker board in the computer building :?.
About the bloody marker on the board… I think it was a BioSyn agent, maybe even Harold Greenwood (although this is highly unlikely). This agent was seriously injured, but kept searching some data records in building. And since there is no skeleton nearby, this man is probably surivived or died somewhere else. So, I doubt that was InGen hunters trace. Although LaSalle’s group followed to the summit throug the lab (presumably, since all the gates are sealed off).
InGen hunters path ended near the summit, where they were killed by Tribe C… and this is kinda sad, because they were left to die. Nobody cared about them, even Roland or Ludlow. Hunters were just butchered on Isla Sorna. The only person who at least tried to think about them was Malcolm-he told to the helicopter pilot that there are still survivors who needs to be rescued. And still most of them were killed.
Even Hammond in his memoir tells the names of the missing hunters with sadness. He is visiably shaken from the fact, that so many people died on Site B.
That’s my thoughts
tatu

Post by tatu »

Mof1234567890 wrote:By the way, at some point I heard a rumors that Dieter Stark remains originally were present in the game, on some level. Fake?
Never heard of it, doubt it. The only hunters we know who they are are the ones in the voiceovers. And except Harold in the Dam, all known hunters is or was planned to be placed in the first AS level.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Mof1234567890
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Mof1234567890 »

tatu wrote:
Mof1234567890 wrote:By the way, at some point I heard a rumors that Dieter Stark remains originally were present in the game, on some level. Fake?
Never heard of it, doubt it. The only hunters we know who they are are the ones in the voiceovers. And except Harold in the Dam, all known hunters is or was planned to be placed in the first AS level.
I always wondered why LaSalle was so imortnant in the Hammond memoir. His biography was mentioned and it was actually detailed. Why is that?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haven't seen this much TresTheorizing in a while. Hadn't considered that many skeletons could be pre-evacuation security members. Survey Team, most probably hunter scouts, though when I first played I thought the dark-green jeep in JR was from original-InGen, and in fact the Mercedes unimog is used on Mt Watson in a way presumably meant to be original-InGen and not hunters.

If anyone gets to counting skeletons, should leave PV out except in an alternate count of the beta, since things like skeleton piece counts could easily change between builds.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hadn't considered that many skeletons could be pre-evacuation security members.
On page 38 of Hammond's original script there's mention of a cemetery, he is silent until the player leaves and only saying "never again". There several others quotes I could bring up but it's clear even in its prime Site B was a very dangerous place to work. Now that I think of it, the JR basement has several jeeps that we're never used, ones that would have been used by the Hunters. I guess now we get to play CSI in dermining who they were with 8) .