Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Bio Raid X

Post by Draconisaurus »

Because producing a show needs breaks sometimes.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Bio Raid X

Post by TheIdiot »

Hmm, this seems interesting...you really seem to like your weird InGen experiment-themed levels, don't you? :wink:
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

TheIdiot wrote:you really seem to like your weird InGen experiment-themed levels
You ever considered modeling the Chaos Effect Dino's?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

You ever considered modeling the Chaos Effect Dino's?
Indeed I have. I'm no good at modelling organic shapes, though, let alone rigging them - the best I can do is remodelling something we already have, which would limit me to mostly the Chaos Effect dinosaurs that look like normal dinos...such as the blue Raptor (which we already have a skin of), or the Omega Rex.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Stay tuned on that one.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That...is pretty damn cool. :wink: Can't wait to see how this looks when you light and clutter it. Also looks like a prime sort of hallway for dinosaurs to operate correctly inside of. Reminds me somewhat of the EA testing level from JPDS.

Might be worth mentioning I once had a plan for a horror-themed level which would probably have looked very similar to this, revolving around Anne attempting to escape some kind of secret facility where dinosaurs were accidentally brought through a time machine. Was planning on using some fancy scripting for a working flashlight to see in the dark, dinosaurs coming at random through windows and roof panels, that sort of thing - heavily inspired by Dino Crisis. Ultimately, I decided not to go through with it simply because I didn't have the time it would have taken to make all the needed models...all that ever got finished was a rough model of the machine room. In any case, this looks to be at least somewhat similar to that idea - very interested to see where you go with this.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Was in the mood and worked a tad more on Bio Raid X. In essence the mod is a construction of complex interiors using modular blocks. It both increases and decreases workload, currently debating whether to bring them into TresEd and continue from there...
BRX01.jpg
BRX01.jpg (208.27 KiB) Viewed 16142 times
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Whoa, those look pretty sweet. Reminds me of how TptDac created an entire underground network of tunnels using only block pieces in The Four Towers. You should totally bring them into TresEd and create a modular starter set for some modders to try out. 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Glad to see you getting around to getting an actual modular tileset in-game - I never finished mine. What I can say is it's probably better to edit them all together in Max rather than try to do so in TresEd...it turned into a royal pain-in-the-butt when I tried that myself. If TresEd had a grid snap system, it wouldn't be half as bad.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh what did yours look like?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh what did yours look like?
Crap, to say the least. :P Mostly just flat walls at 90' angles, I didn't get far enough with it to go into detail. Placing the sections of wall got very tedious very quickly, even though they were aligned to increments of 5 Tres units.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You're lazy. How do you think the whole Pens level has been built?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:You're lazy. How do you think the whole Pens level has been built?
I don't know how Pens was built, because it hasn't been released yet! :P Although I do give huge credit to TptDac for his construction of that facility in Four Towers, which must have been a massive timesink. But I'd hardly say I haven't done anything tedious and boring...just take a look at the fences or tour track segments in the older RTJP levels and you'll see what I mean. :wink:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
machf wrote:You're lazy. How do you think the whole Pens level has been built?
I don't know how Pens was built, because it hasn't been released yet! :P
I *have* posted some screenshots, though...
Although I do give huge credit to TptDac for his construction of that facility in Four Towers, which must have been a massive timesink.
That level was the main inspiration for the Pens.
But I'd hardly say I haven't done anything tedious and boring...just take a look at the fences or tour track segments in the older RTJP levels and you'll see what I mean. :wink:
Yes, I can see how the fences would qualify...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files