Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Tres 20th Anniv Cmnty Level

Post by Draconisaurus »

Really, we just need anyone to step up and work on the level. Cloning/placing trees the level already has, anything.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Working on the spawn right now. This likely won't be the best but it's at least a start to break the silence. haha

-EDIT
Finished up the spawn. Though in the future this would be better suited for just some random scenery in the jungle.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/32b6jpuqe ... epV0.1.rar
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Shep wrote:Working on the spawn right now. This likely won't be the best but it's at least a start to break the silence. haha

-EDIT
Finished up the spawn. Though in the future this would be better suited for just some random scenery in the jungle.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/32b6jpuqe ... epV0.1.rar
Alright lemme work on this too. Gonna place some more foliage, alter some terrain, and probably import some dinos and guns :yum:
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

I wasn't thinking about this as I uploaded but we should create an edit log that will be included within the zip file, such as with the source code of tres if you're familiar with it.

Code: Select all

**********************************************************************************************
 * $Log:: /JP2_PC/Source/Shell/winshell.hpp                                                   
 * 23    96/08/05 12:34 Speter
 * Updated for new b_system_memory menu command and flag.
 * Added experimental code to test DirectDraw/GDI interaction.
 * 22    96/07/29 14:48 Speter
 * Changed management of text dialog.  Now just receives commands from Console menu, and lets
 * the Render module handle it.
 *********************************************************************************************/
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

There we go. Did a bit of editing around the starting area. Look at the edit log in the file for full details
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tf1n2u9y ... uyV0.2.rar
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

You guys, this looks awesome... We're gettin somewhere. 8)

Did my own small update to keep things interesting. Keep it up.

https://app.box.com/s/h33xhvjaqs6b0nvaopee9b5qbl6fses8
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Taking this up for a second.

-Edit: finished.
Added water and edited some more terrain.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/55j0s9f3h ... epV0.4.rar
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Okay, I'll take over again. brb :wink:

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gfd5p18ec ... uyV0.5.rar

This is really coming along well :P
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Cool to see this being worked one.

I have one request however, as someone who is saving all versions - Could you guys set up a better file name system? Where the version number is before your username? Right now otherwise it will get sorted by user and not version number in a folder :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I think I'll have a go at it next! Will post the new file as soon as I'm done. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lookin good guys! Got a multi path setup goin.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I'm working on adding a CE sky to the level as well as making the fog and overall rendering look nicer (better terrain quality and draw distance), but I'm wondering what time of day and weather do we want to go with for the final product? I feel like we should do something new, rather than just go with the old standard Tres daytime-look, but before I do anything I want to know what everyone's two cents are? Any ideas, perhaps? I'm thinking of trying out a pinkish, misty sunset environment with a bright orange sun going down on the horizon. I've also added those fake distant mountains from MegaJungle to make the level appear much larger, and given them new textures to fit in with the level.

EDIT: And yeah, totally agree with Draco that the multi-path thing is a great way to be heading...I'm working on a big addition to the right-hand path which I think will be cool, and I roughed out some random stuff further into the level which is more or less just ideas in a visual format, totally open for change...a large lagoon, some random mountains, and a very rough canal-type thing. I'm trying to get us away from the corners of the terrain so we have more room to work with. We should try and keep things as non-linear as possible, as that will add exploration value. :wink: Should have it done by tomorrow!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounding good mate.

Your pink sky idea sounds great, I approve. (As a note, if anyone working on the level isn't sure how the CE sky stuff works, don't sweat it, editing in TresEd doesn't really effect it). The fake mountains should be nice. I do want to suggest that we don't push out too far into the level ahead of what work is finished at a given point in development. That is, focus on adding to complete/semi-complete areas.

Perhaps eventually we can add custom music sample.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Alright, here's what I've managed tonight!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/juq232pc7 ... eIdiot.zip

The changelog additions were a bit longer this time, so make sure you check them out first!
Your pink sky idea sounds great, I approve.
Well, either way, it's in there for the time being, but we can always change it later if anyone disapproves. :wink:
(As a note, if anyone working on the level isn't sure how the CE sky stuff works, don't sweat it, editing in TresEd doesn't really effect it).[
Just so long as you don't touch the fog settings, as I used those to adjust the sky, render distance, fog, lighting, and terrain quality.
I do want to suggest that we don't push out too far into the level ahead of what work is finished at a given point in development. That is, focus on adding to complete/semi-complete areas.
Noted. All I added was some very rough stuff, nothing too fancy, just some ideas for further development. We can scrap them of course if we can't figure out how to work them in.
Perhaps eventually we can add custom music sample.
I was thinking that as well. Not sure what kind of music would be fitting for this level, though. If we're keeping to the Trespasser theme, we should try to keep our music very similar...maybe we could look for similar-sounding stock music as was done for JPDS?

Also, I'd like to suggest replacing the dinosaur models with community-made updated versions, since not only do they look better, but the newer models are much easier to make custom skins for (4-6 texture files vs 20+ on the old ones). Right now that just means replacing the red Raptor, of course, and I know there's a Tribe B skin for the TC~Isle Raptor in JPDS which can be used as a replacement. We also definitely have Tribe A and Tribe C skins for the Raptors, and there are also Trespasser skins for the JPOG Rex, brachiosaur and albertosaur. The only dinosaur without a Tres-style skin is the parasaur, but I have an unfinished one which can be touched up and used.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Verra nice... Those mountains, I don't actually remember seeing those before. In fact I notice they can't be seen ingame. They look quite nice but we may wish to remove them at some point. Diggin the cave.

For the new music... My preference would be a piece of music from one of the four films.

Working on level, will be finished shortly... (edit inbound)

EDIT:
https://app.box.com/s/2ju2yne8r990xlos6golj9anp68g8ehh