Trespasser HD - Beach / Jungle Road (BE + JR released)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Trespasser HD - Beach / Jungle Road (BEACH RELEASED!)

Post by Dragonlord »

Trespasser Custom Edition, that's the one in the Twilight release? How do you get it working? It starts up but the map list is empty but the MAPS directory contains some demo maps. There's no readme included so I never got it working so far.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

The Tres Twilight release does not have Tres CE in it. That's in the release thread, with some amount of explanation in the download post.

TI, how much has changed since the beta I tested?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:TI, how much has changed since the beta I tested?
It went into alpha? :P "TresHD-Beach_0.1alpha" ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Looks very good even without loading the hi-res textures (I didn't have time last night, just extracted the level files, I'll try a more complete version later today).
Excellent! :D The hi-res textures probably won't make that much of a difference since there aren't that many of them, except maybe the sky.
Dragonlord wrote:Trespasser Custom Edition, that's the one in the Twilight release? How do you get it working? It starts up but the map list is empty but the MAPS directory contains some demo maps. There's no readme included so I never got it working so far.
Custom Edition can be downloaded here (the links are currently down):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674

Also, you don't put level files in the MAPS directory, that's a seperate location for additional level files used in ATX-based mods. Level files go in the "data" folder.
TI, how much has changed since the beta I tested?
Not much I think, maybe shifted some plants around and other minor changes, but nothing major.
It went into alpha? :P "TresHD-Beach_0.1alpha" ;)
Yeah, I decided to call the current version the alpha soley because it's unfinished. If I had finished off the monorail area, this would have been the beta instead.
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

TheIdiot wrote:Custom Edition can be downloaded here (the links are currently down):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674
(Stand by. Attached files temporarily unavailable due to technical difficulties.)
Seems there are technical difficulties. By the way, I did not find this download on the main page and I think if somebody says "get CE" he goes there first and hits a wall.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Seems there are technical difficulties. By the way, I did not find this download on the main page and I think if somebody says "get CE" he goes there first and hits a wall.
Yeah, evidently the TresCom server is having problems uploading files greater than 1MB at the moment - machf was looking into it, last I heard. You can find a temporary download for CE here:
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/QRK ... 78kg1hF2sA
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
Yeah, evidently the TresCom server is having problems uploading files greater than 1MB at the moment - machf was looking into it, last I heard.
No, I can't do anything about it, it now depends on Paul.
You can find a temporary download for CE here:
The previous version can still be downloaded from TresCom, though:

http://www.trescom.org/patches/

And the corresponding tools too:

http://www.trescom.org/tools/
TheIdiot wrote:
machf wrote:Looks very good even without loading the hi-res textures (I didn't have time last night, just extracted the level files, I'll try a more complete version later today).
Excellent! :D The hi-res textures probably won't make that much of a difference since there aren't that many of them, except maybe the sky.
Well, the hi-res textures didn't make much of a difference, but the sky looked really gorgeous...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Yeah, evidently the TresCom server is having problems uploading files greater than 1MB at the moment - machf was looking into it, last I heard. You can find a temporary download for CE here:
Yes, really worth mention is that this is the LATEST release, from 2018.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Okay, the linked CE does run and play the retail trespasser data (albeit missing ground triangles here and there) but I can't get this HD Beach working. First the directory "Mods" does not exist. I created it and extracted the HD directory into it. Then next the file "TP_mod.ini" (or how it is exactly called) does not exist. I created it an pasted in this text line mentioned in the readme. No matter what I do I always get the retail game data but not the HD one. What magic step am I missing here?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Dragonlord wrote:Okay, the linked CE does run and play the retail trespasser data (albeit missing ground triangles here and there) but I can't get this HD Beach working. First the directory "Mods" does not exist. I created it and extracted the HD directory into it. Then next the file "TP_mod.ini" (or how it is exactly called) does not exist. I created it an pasted in this text line mentioned in the readme. No matter what I do I always get the retail game data but not the HD one. What magic step am I missing here?
Can't remember exactly how you get the "tp_mod.ini" file in the first place, I thought it came with CE. You also have to have a string pointing to the Mods directory in your .ini file, which is what you're missing. Try replacing your whole tp_mod.ini file with this instead - it should work:
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

;TheIdiot's Tres CE mod loading file
;With special thanks to Lee Arbuco
;
;WARNING: Editing these files can break your game if you are not careful!

;****************************
;DO NOT TOUCH!
[Paths]

;The directory that mod folders should be installed to. This folder should be located in your main Trespasser directory (where tpassp6.exe is located).
FMPath=Mods

;DO NOT TOUCH!
[FM]

;Change this to the name of the mod folder that you would like to play.
ActiveFM=Trespasser HD
Missing ground triangles in CE? Haven't heard of this bug yet. You might want to try one of the quality presets Lee Arbuco included in CE, in the "doc/configs" folder. Try replacing CE's "trespasser.ini" file with the "trespasser_dx9.ini" (make sure you rename it so it's just "trespasser.ini"), that might help. If not, I can post my .ini file as well and you can try that.
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

and the download of the mission?? :?:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

xelono wrote:and the download of the mission?? :?:
It got buried. :oops: I'll post it on the first page of this thread for quick-access.
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

TheIdiot wrote:
xelono wrote:and the download of the mission?? :?:
It got buried. :oops: I'll post it on the first page of this thread for quick-access.
Ohh please, I would be very grateful
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Dragonlord wrote:Okay, the linked CE does run and play the retail trespasser data (albeit missing ground triangles here and there) but I can't get this HD Beach working. First the directory "Mods" does not exist. I created it and extracted the HD directory into it. Then next the file "TP_mod.ini" (or how it is exactly called) does not exist. I created it an pasted in this text line mentioned in the readme. No matter what I do I always get the retail game data but not the HD one. What magic step am I missing here?
You don't event need to do any of that... just unzip the contents of the file somewhere else, then move (or copy) the data folder into your TresCD folder, merging its contents with the ones from the existing data folder there. The fm.ini file (the only other one that's outside the data folder, aside from the Readme) isn't even needed, as it points the location of some other files which aren't icluded inside the downloaded .ZIP file...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The fm.ini file (the only other one that's outside the data folder, aside from the Readme) isn't even needed, as it points the location of some other files which aren't icluded inside the downloaded .ZIP file...
Well, you SHOULD use the fm.ini file, as it contains both the line which causes tp~beach.scn to be the first level loaded, and the "TerrainBackfaceCullBias=0.1" line, which should help with potential disappearing terrain vertices. Doesn't do much on levels created using terrain fixed via GUIApp, but it does appear to fix disappearing terrain in levels like JPDS, which uses improperly converted terrain.