A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by machf »

I changed the overall attachment limit for the forum to see if it was rejecting files from 3+ MB because there was no space left, but it appears there's a limit of 1MB per attachment which isn't configured in the forum (which is set for larger filesizes), but rather, somewhere in the web server itself. Only Paul could do something about that.

In the meantime, Lee, could you upload your files to dropbox so that I (or tatu) could download them, upload them to the TresCom server, and then post the download links here?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

I zipped the larger archives in ~1Mb split-volume zips so I can attach them. The real archives for posting/uploading are inside. 7zip can open/extract the split volume files as-is (not sure how winzip/winrar etc. deal with it).

Let me know when you've downloaded the files so I can delete the attachments again.

Edit: except the files aren't getting attached, despite showing no error message when I upload...
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

Uploaded the files to sendspace instead.

(edit: url removed, files are now found in the first post again)

I'll delete them again once you downloaded.
Last edited by Lee Arbuco on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Lee Arbuco wrote:I zipped the larger archives in ~1Mb split-volume zips so I can attach them. The real archives for posting/uploading are inside. 7zip can open/extract the split volume files as-is (not sure how winzip/winrar etc. deal with it).

Let me know when you've downloaded the files so I can delete the attachments again.

Edit: except the files aren't getting attached, despite showing no error message when I upload...
I think if thay are renamed like .001, 002, etc. you won't be able to attach them... there probably was a message like "extension not supported" which you didn't notice right at the top.
Lee Arbuco wrote:Uploaded the files to sendspace instead.

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/QRK ... 78kg1hF2sA

I'll delete them again once you downloaded.
Got them. I'll upload them as soon as I'm back from the supermarket.

EDIT: don't delete them yet... I found out I can't access the server through FTP anymore, and from the control panel I get the same error regarding filesizes... so I can't update them on the server, either. Sendspace will have to do for the time being.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounds serious
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sounds serious
He IS serious. And don't call him Shirley. :P

So are we now having major problems with attachments and uploading to the main download server? The files we have uploaded are still accessible, though, right..?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, but currently we can't upload anything new over 1MB...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

We could switch to posting downloads to small viruses which infect people's computers with Tres mods and other content
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:We could switch to posting downloads to small viruses which infect people's computers with Tres mods and other content
Hmm, NedryLand.exe, perhaps...? :wink:
Lee Arbuco
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Lee Arbuco »

With the forum attachments hiccups going on I forgot to post a few comments about the update.

After much deliberation I opted to leave the CreatureTrigger as-is regarding EvaluateAll, because the code and code comments leave the original intention up for interpretation. Instead, as hinted at and mentioned in the change list, I added the ability to make custom trigger types through scripts. In the spirit of "... Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime".

In the script samples I already included two custom triggers. One that triggers when all creatures are dead, which effectively is the working replacement for what a CreatureTrigger with "fixed" EvaluateAll would've been.

The other is location style trigger that supports multiple creatures, based on an example machf posted earlier. That was only an example not necessarily a request, but I thought that was as good as anything to demonstrate the possibilities.

If you need something similar but slightly different logic then you can just copy that script and modify it. You can also ask and I'll try help if it's not some super complex trigger code that takes hours :)

Once you have a trigger script, the use is very simple. It works like any other trigger in terms of T-scripting. The only difference is that the class is CScriptTrigger and you have to specify a Script param with the script name.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, I had noticed. Thanks for the additions!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Good to know.
vorob
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by vorob »

Guys, can you give me little recap, please? What is Trespasser CE? I remember just one fan-made patch called trespasser ATX. Trespasser CE made by the same developer? ATX is deprecated and CE is the main thing?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Think of ATX as a mod (adding several options to the game), while CE is more a patch or update to make it run more smoothly on modern computer systems.
It's not made by the same person, and although ATX isn't exactly deprecated, it's recommended that you use CE.
There has been no ATX release for CE because CE is still a "work in progress", and as such, each new release of CE would require an updated version of ATX too. The auhor of CE has tried to incorporate some of the options from ATX in it (though there are a couple missing).
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

One more thing worth noting is that CE is a direct modification of the Trespasser source code, while ATX hacks the function in. However, most of ATX's functions are present in CE.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."