Found this while Googling...

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Found this while Googling...

Post by Draconisaurus »

Seems people outside of TresCom continue to do and put up stuff about the game without posting here. I don't quite understand this trend? Trespasser is such an odd out-there game, you'd think people interested enough in getting into its nitty-gritty$ would also post here. Who else do they think they are making content for?

https://tcrf.net/Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser
https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser

As well, this image appeared on facebook some time ago, still not quite sure who first made it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamePhysics/co ... _dinosaur/
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Found this while Googling...

Post by tatu »

I knew about the TCRF site. That is Glitchhunter working a lot on it!

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=8649

At first I was a bit against it, but I am not anymore. The site is pretty good and it got a great layout.

As for the image. I would guess it is the person who posted it who made it :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahhhh thanks for clarifying.

And that sounds fun... Glad that Tres gets noticed and discussed outside of here.

*still harbors maniacal plan to network all Trespasser emergences on the Internet*
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The Cutting Room Floor is a site dedicated to Alphas, Betas and lost versions of games... and AFAIK, people from around here have contributed with info about Trespasser's early versions.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well it is nice to find that sort of thing out there. I might recommend some kind of link on the site to it, as it's quite informative.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I've been the primary person working on the Trespasser articles on TCRF. Tatu occasionally pops in and helps out, even if his English isn't the best. I do really appreciate his help though despite this. I've been trying for years to get the guys on Trescom to help out Draco and tatu's the only one that's actually done anything with the articles. (to my knowledge anyway. There may be others that have contributed from Trescom that I don't know about.) Another guy who sometimes helps me out is the wiki sysop on there named DivingKataeWeirdo. Great guy and definitely knows his stuff.
My work on the wiki paid off earlier this year and now the main Trespasser article is one of the featured articles on TCRF: https://tcrf.net/Category:Featured_articles

Oh also Draco, you missed a page: https://tcrf.net/Proto:Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser
Has information on the various prototypes of Tres. It's still very WIP like the pre-release one is
tatu

Post by tatu »

I'm happy to help out! I should take some time soon and go through what you have done so far Glitch and see if I can add anything (which you can later rewrite in better English ;) )

I have actually started a bit on a wiki on my own. It is only local on my computer as of now, and not much in it, but I plan on collecting a lot of information on it. One day I hope TresCom can add back the wikipedia it had.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nice proto section... Can't help feeling we have more builds than that but I'm too busy to check.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

We do have more protos but there's literally almost no differences between them and another build that are known at this time. Like Build 97 is near identical to build 96 in almost every way. Also, about the Trespasser demo being there, it was done mainly for posterity and because it didn't fit into the main page or the pre-release section since it was both released after Trespasser came out, and it wasn't part of the full game so diving and I decided on the TCRF IRC chat to put it in with the prototypes since it shows the final outcome of Pine Valley and such. It also has unused stuff of its own as well. (PV leftovers and text strings in the exe among other things) And the 116/117 builds are the retail release and the patch of course. I don't know of any other prototypes that have been released yet though. I'm honestly hoping someone has a build with the early test levels in it somewhere. That's like one of the things I've been wanting really bad. (the other being the hi-res Green T-rex and other dinos of course)

I've said this before and I'll say it again: You're all welcome to contribute if you want. Hell, I might have forgot some stuff on the main article's pages somewhere that you'd like to add. The T-script section of the main page is far from finished for instance. I just haven't had the time (or patience) to add the remaining unused and commented out commands yet.

Edit: apparently that post bumped me up to a Pteranodon! Yay!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

What are the demo strings you refer to?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Mostly just random strings of text the devs left in the executible.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yes but what were ones not found in the retail?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

look on the page silly. =P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Let me see...

Code: Select all

TUTORIAL BEGINS HERE
TUTORIAL ENDS HERE
Where are these used?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

They're not. That's why they're on there. It's obviously a debugging message of some sort in the engine not sure what it would have been used for though.