Old RTJP - from 2011-2013

TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Old RTJP - from 2011-2013

Post by TheIdiot »

Well, I think it's about time I release this. It's been hiding on my hard drive for so long, and there are almost no assets in this level that will be used in any later RTJP versions.

This is the version of RTJP that I first showed off here at TresCom, back when I first signed up. It, like the other old version I posted, has been completely scrapped and superseded by the final - yes, FINAL - version that is currently in the works, as well as another version from 2013-2016 that I simply cannot upload due to its use of many assets that will be present in the final version. This level is about 20% completed, with all of the development focused around the centre of the island. You can travel all the way from the helipad to the Visitor Center in this version (I think), and there are some neat things for you to see here and there, although there are little to no dinosaurs present in the level. Notably this was the first version to use hppav's VC model, as well as a number of custom models by myself (none of which are any good by my current standards). It also contains the placeholder Diane model I've been using for her until I can get a final body mesh ready and rigged. :P You can also turn the power and lights on and off by walking into two trigger zones which are activated by going off the path to the left of the first gate you walk through.
The level itself is buggy, and I'm not even sure if it runs at all, but you can definitely take a look at it in TresEd, something which I highly recommend if you want to check out all of the unused assets in the basement, which include early versions of some of the dinosaur models and skins! Some of these skins were taken from JPOG mods, so be sure not to upload them anywhere else. This version is as it was when I stopped working on it, and as such the terrain textures are a bit mixed up as I hadn't quite decided on what I wanted to do there yet. You will also notice some missing sounds as they were contained in a lost TPA file, along with a lone missing ASA animation for the helicopter taking off at the beginning.

Since none of the models in this level will be used for the final release, all of them may be used freely in your own levels. Note that some of these meshes may be bugged as well, and the pivots for all of the ones I made are completely off as I was unaware at the time of how to fix them. The level has been edited by me however to remove a couple of meshes that were mistakenly imported at a later time as those are meshes that will likely see use in RTJP~Helipad and beyond. The only thing that will probably be used moving forward is the power on/off scripting, which can be found in the basement and is used to animate the flashing fence lights, among other things, but you can use that as well if you want working lights. :)

In the package, I have included the required level files - just drag and drop them in whatever Trespasser engine you like - as well as a folder that contains a few maps of the level to give you a better idea of what it was to be like.

For those of you still unsure, this is NOT THE FINAL VERSION OF RTJP! It is nowhere near the quality I am working with now and is nothing like the levels currently in development.

Have fun!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vfwsw5l6f ... P-2013.zip

Some images for a refresher:
Image Image Image Image Image
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Old RTJP - from 2011-2013

Post by machf »

Nice. I've just dowloaded it, but won't be taking a look until tomorrow... it's too late right now and I was just taking a final look at the forum for the night.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

:mrgreen:

Now this is awesome, been wanting to check out this level for a long time now. I'll check it out later on today or tommorrow. I haven't really even played trespasser for a month now so this'll be something to get me going again hopefully.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Oh nice! Lets hope this inspire people to do something with the assets in this! :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks for the enthusiasm, guys. :D I'd be happy if everyone could leave their thoughts on this version of the level, just to know what you think of it, as I remember being quite proud of this when it was first in production (although now looking at it, I find it rather...er...poor). :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

If this is the version I think it is, I'm quite fond of it. ;) 8)
..What is it with folks commenting on new releases just to say they'll play it later? Save your posts for the actual review/critique..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

If this is the version I think it is, I'm quite fond of it. ;) 8)
I dunno, you've seen all three old versions now! :P I'd say it's definitely an improvement on the oldest one, but the one after it completely overtakes it, and the current one destroys them all.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dahhh hmmm. I do remember two old versions with the awesome helipad intro. Guessing this is the older of those two.. which was a very nice site. I mean, sight. 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Dahhh hmmm. I do remember two old versions with the awesome helipad intro. Guessing this is the older of those two.. which was a very nice site. I mean, sight. 8)
You're correct, then. This was the first one with the helipad as the starting point, the second one being the one I showed in the demo video.

Anyone played/looked around in it yet..?
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

This is awesome dude! Can't wait till the final version is released because this already looks awesome. I already had a blast in the one you released before this one here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=10708

So much nostalgia, Can't wait to play this as well, thanks for sharing!
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DennisNedry wrote:This is awesome dude! Can't wait till the final version is released because this already looks awesome. I already had a blast in the one you released before this one here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=10708

So much nostalgia, Can't wait to play this as well, thanks for sharing!
Thanks! :D Anything in particular you liked/disliked in this level?

At some point, I will also have to release the 2013-2016 RTJP as well (the one from the trailer). The only problem is that it contains some things that will be present in the final version that I don't want to give away quite yet. Perhaps I could strip out some things as needed, or cut everything down into a smaller level which is fully playable.