MinePass

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: MinePass

Post by MinePass »

So I've been needing to get this update posted in response to major changes to Minecraft and how they will effect the project.

Minecraft Xbox is coming to an end :!: I never dreamed this could happen but it's true. Last week Mojang released the beta for the "Better Together Update" which when fully released will unify console, PC, and pocket edition. But something to keep in mind is that this isn't so much as an update but a trade off. From what I've seen from YouTube the update uses pocket edition graphics which are slightly different from console. The "update" for console will be a separate game download and according to what I've heard some features that are exclusive to console won't be in the new bedrock version. However there are two major pluses, there's a chance we'll finally get monster spawners, add-ons, and map sharing.

Project Update
I'm about 80% complete on the Pl level. I just added a new section of terrain, planted grass, and removed/moved the smugglers plane. Hopefully I'll have everything finished before the end of the month.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Can't really speak on the Minecraft update... Your PL progress sounds nice. What have you used as a basis for the terrain shape?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Level 6 The Plains.
IMG_20170831_212203362_HDR-800x450.jpg
IMG_20170831_212203362_HDR-800x450.jpg (161.48 KiB) Viewed 50602 times
Coming Soon

The yellow text says "signal (corroded battery)". 8)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well dude. You are surely the first to ever errect that sign in a constructed version of PL. Congrats!!
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Plains - section 1"valley"
IMG_20170913_203229182_HDR_crop_952x535.jpg
IMG_20170913_203229182_HDR_crop_952x535.jpg (519.51 KiB) Viewed 50540 times
Here there are a couple pools of water and up in the left corner is the bridge the player crosses. Following the road the player will see an abandoned safari jeep, inside is the signal device. From here the player has the choice to follow the road or proceed up the incline to the coast.
IMG_20170913_203030932_HDR_crop_925x533.jpg
IMG_20170913_203030932_HDR_crop_925x533.jpg (520.56 KiB) Viewed 50540 times
Here the road branches off, the concrete stucture here is where the player will trade in there signal and battery for a working one. Up in the right hand corner is a radio LAN tower.
IMG_20170913_202940242_HDR_crop_919x503.jpg
IMG_20170913_202940242_HDR_crop_919x503.jpg (494.18 KiB) Viewed 50540 times
Finally we have the Dam. To the left of the trench is the flood control building and on the right is a living quarters and a pickup truck (debating whether to change the block house to a small bungalow).
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Ok, so after running into a few obstacles on finishing up the plains (section 2) I've decided to step back and work on another area for now. I'm presently in pine valley and I wanted to clear up a few things.

1. Was the Plantation house really moved here when the level was cut and if so about where would it be?
2. I'm assuming the Outpost that Salas was mentioning is the View building, based on what I have read it is situated to the left of the first dried river correct?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

MinePass wrote:Ok, so after running into a few obstacles on finishing up the plains (section 2) I've decided to step back and work on another area for now. I'm presently in pine valley and I wanted to clear up a few things.

1. Was the Plantation house really moved here when the level was cut and if so about where would it be?
The Plantation House was originally in its own level. When that one was cut, it was moved into Jungle Road, as was Kathy's Beach...
2. I'm assuming the Outpost that Salas was mentioning is the View building, based on what I have read it is situated to the left of the first dried river correct?
Huh? The View building was part of a test level whose terrain heightmap can be found among the source files... I uploaded a simple reconstruction of it and uploaded it under the name "HeightFieldTest", you can find it here:

http://www.trescom.org/levels/

Where is it that Phil Salas mentions anything about an "Outpost", BTW?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I remember that interview. He described a building after the geo plant where tricky raptors and a Rex lay in wait.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

machf wrote: The Plantation House was originally in its own level. When that one was cut, it was moved into Jungle Road, as was Kathy's Beach...
Thanks for clearing that up, back when I was doing the FC2 map I heard that when the level was cut that the house was moved to PV then when they dropped that level it was then sent to jungle road. I planned on putting a similarly styled house in if this was true.
machf wrote: Huh? The View building was part of a test level whose terrain heightmap can be found among the source files.
I have General Kenobi's map which was invaluable when it came to putting the building and the other structures in, the only issue I've had is in his letter, "The level finally ended after you completed the puzzles within the electricalplant, than taking a long drive or "walk" until reaching an abandoned post, which was protected by some Raptors and a very hungry T-REX". But based on where the building and where I've pegged the tar pit is, it just doesn't fit with what he said. Really wish we got more info about what was cut, comparing the walkthrough to the various builds the only major thing that is missing is the gorge, maybe that was what he was referring to when he said "The limited time allotted to correct these, forced us to eventually split up this wonderful level(cutting most of it), in hopes of trying to rescue all the hard work. What partially survived of "Pine Valley", is what you see it in the released version of the game".
machf wrote:Where is it that Phil Salas mentions anything about an "Outpost", BTW?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5247
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

OK, I found it:

viewtopic.php?p=56128#p56128

It seems to me like he's speaking about the "shore", and that "post" with raptors and a T-Rex is the harbor section...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf, now that you mention it, that could be what he was talking about... :| Sorta makes sense, since the man-made ditch it is often depicted with makes no sense anywhere in PV but the plant itself, which the images do not make sense to be a depiction of.. So basically, an asset show-off as you were saying.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Merry (not) Christmas. Spent my Christmas eve planting trees and ferns just to get these two presentable :sleeping:.

Welcome to level 7, Spruce Valley
_20171225_080957-800x328.JPG
_20171225_080957-800x328.JPG (151.2 KiB) Viewed 50105 times
Teaser of the lost hunters camp.
_20171225_075948-800x392.JPG
_20171225_075948-800x392.JPG (143.05 KiB) Viewed 50105 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey now, that looks pretty neat. The View Building lives!
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Some years ago when I was doing my FC2 trespasser map I stumbled upon a topic that said the road from the Geo plant to the harbor is where the trailers went over the cliff. I don't remember much about it but it had something to do with the shape of the cliff and the island/rock.
However I haven't been able to find it to see if this was true. Anyone know anything about this?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well it was written by hppav, don't remember the title.