Old fan levels that got lost. Backups anyone?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Old fan levels that got lost. Backups anyone?

Post by machf »

May I send you the corrected .WTD files if you are planning to re-release JPDS, then? They'll require you to revise the objects' altitudes, though, as this time the terrain height will be "real"... (I had been looking at that last week)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I am 95% sure I will use the terrain it was originally released with. JPDS is not a minor- or even medium-sized mod.. Tatu used up his Life Points from several past and future lives just to height-fix all the foliage in 'DS :lol:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The problem with keeping the old one is that things keep sinking into the terrain... I was thinking of doing it myself, but if you're going for an official re-release, well... why not take the chance to fix it too?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

As I remember it a lot of the meshes, mainly all the buildings were created to fit that terrain. So in order to redo it with a proper terrain, all meshes would require to be redone in some kind of way. And even refixing everything properly for a proper terrain could take months, cause you would get bored of the foliage work ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Uh... the buildings don't have to be changed or anything. What I mean is that terrain edited with TresEd is never quite right, while terrain re-saved with GUIapp is. It's still the same terrain, without the glitches.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I know. But as I recall Draco made a lot of his own meshes based on that glitchy terrain.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yes, tatu has it.. Not going to spend months to fix JPDS.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Four (yes, that's 4) old levels (unfinished, but playable) made by Second Illiteration are available for download now. Have fun!
(I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to find out which ones those 4 levels actually are...) :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Uh machf, there are 2 million lines of mods on the Downloads page now :P I am not going to search through all of them, trying to remember which ones I do and don't remember while calculating which might have been modded by SI--- or... I could just check the author.. *facepalm*
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yeah, the download section needs a bit of work now. Categories is possible. If anyone has any feedback about it, category examples etc, please PM or write like here :)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

K so I played these four levels... Quite nice. Really like those raptor eggs. You stole... raptor eggs? :yum:

K so I notice these use the somewhat hazardous routine of updating your primary TPA files with the sounds for the level. Below are ATX-ready files I've made for the two which use this, which go in the MAPS/LVL folder:

https://app.box.com/s/8zz0rayl9edb310rmsgakf3egaw8bmwf
https://app.box.com/s/3y2x07jyxo8q2sgtulj3i4yi33rc34u1

Stored in the Tres File Box.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Nice. Should probably include those as additional downloads or update the original downloads to include those.

Someone on the main site asked for Anne's audio project, similar to Jurassic Time. I guess the person meant Anne's Audio Adventure by LtSten so uploaded that to the misc section. I also uploaded "Trespasser: Anne And Hammond's Audio Adventure", also made by LtSten.

I should take a look at all my files I have stored in various places and see if I can find anything to upload.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:Yeah, the download section needs a bit of work now. Categories is possible. If anyone has any feedback about it, category examples etc, please PM or write like here :)
Yes, I'd like to maybe split them alphabetically... too bad it can't be done automatically.
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote:Yeah, the download section needs a bit of work now. Categories is possible. If anyone has any feedback about it, category examples etc, please PM or write like here :)
Yes, I'd like to maybe split them alphabetically... too bad it can't be done automatically.
You mean the menu or the files? I just reordered the menu alphabetically. The files in the download section is already sorted alphabetically based on the Title name.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
machf wrote:
You mean the menu or the files? I just reordered the menu alphabetically. The files in the download section is already sorted alphabetically based on the Title name.
I mean like in other servers where downloads are classified alphabetically, not just sorted... you click on "#" for names starting with a number, or on a letter from "A" to "Z" for the rest, and only files with a matching initial are listed.