Isla Muerta - Site C (Now Released - pg. 5)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Isla Muerta - Site C

Post by TheIdiot »

Trespasser have an actiontype to allow images to be shown on screen. And I'm pretty sure you would be able to make Anne make a sound depending on health, through the use of fire triggers etc.
I'm not sure, I've never been able to figure out if it's possible to get the game to detect how much health an actor has. machf..?
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to *remove* an image from the screen after displaying it... too bad the retail levels don't make use of that ActionType to find out more about it.
Yeah, that's the problem. You can get the image onscreen but can't take it away. I wonder if Lee could implement a way to remove the overlays in CE?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote: Trespasser have an actiontype to allow images to be shown on screen.
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to *remove* an image from the screen after displaying it... too bad the retail levels don't make use of that ActionType to find out more about it.
Doesn't JPDS remove the image when you go outside the trigger?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Doesn't JPDS remove the image when you go outside the trigger?
Which trigger are you talking about? The one where you can jump the fence into the plains and the overlay of the Raptor comes up? If so, then no, it stays on the screen permanently.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
Trespasser have an actiontype to allow images to be shown on screen. And I'm pretty sure you would be able to make Anne make a sound depending on health, through the use of fire triggers etc.
I'm not sure, I've never been able to figure out if it's possible to get the game to detect how much health an actor has. machf..?
There's an ActionType to *set* HitPoints, but none to read them, AFAIK.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I do wonder if CCreatureTrigger can detect Anne's health... As for the overlay image AT, the solution is probably to replace the image with a tiny, 1-to-4-pixel image when you don't want one displayed.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:I do wonder if CCreatureTrigger can detect Anne's health...
Oh, it does work with Anne, not just the dinos...
As for the overlay image AT, the solution is probably to replace the image with a tiny, 1-to-4-pixel image when you don't want one displayed.
Either that, or a completely transparent image...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah well in that case, without looking I am wondering if it could be used to play sounds when certain healths are reached..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Ah well in that case, without looking I am wondering if it could be used to play sounds when certain healths are reached..
Just remember what the available options are:

Code: Select all

bool 	CreatureDie 	false 	If true, trigger fires when creature dies.
bool 	CreatureCriticalDamage 	false 	If true, trigger fires when creature gets a single damage hit that decreases its HitPoints by an amount greater than or equal to its CriticalHit value.
float 	CreatureDamagePoints 	must specify 	If set, trigger fires when creature gets a single damage hit that decreases its HitPoints by an amount greater than or equal to this value but less than its CriticalHit value.
bool 	CreatureSleep 	false 	If true, trigger fires when creature (physics) falls asleep.
bool 	CreatureWake 	false 	If true, trigger fires when creature physics is awoken.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

As for the overlay image AT, the solution is probably to replace the image with a tiny, 1-to-4-pixel image when you don't want one displayed.
Does overlaying a different image get rid of the first one? I seem to remember running into the problem where the new image simply overlayed on top of the previous one...could be wrong though as I haven't touched that trigger for a long time.
Draconisaurus wrote:Ah well in that case, without looking I am wondering if it could be used to play sounds when certain healths are reached..
The best I was able to come up with was making the player cough at random intervals to indicate sickness, which is triggered by a variable that is activated when you contract a disease (like in JPDS). You could create a bleeding system in a similar manner I would imagine - have the player lose health when injured severely and play a pain sound every now and then until they heal.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmmm I see the value that will work..
And damn you know, it's too bad we can't teleport trnobjs.. make Anne leave a trail of blood as she walks.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

And damn you know, it's too bad we can't teleport trnobjs.. make Anne leave a trail of blood as she walks.
Huh. You'd think maybe there would be a way considering that the blood TrnObjs teleport when a dinosaur is wounded. Even if it were only the blood objects, you could do some neat things...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Has anyone tried spraying particles named "Blood" on the ground to see if they make a bloodsplat?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
Huh. You'd think maybe there would be a way considering that the blood TrnObjs teleport when a dinosaur is wounded. Even if it were only the blood objects, you could do some neat things...
I think they may have disabled the effect for the player...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah true I haven't seen Anne's blood produce splats.. probably won't work, then.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Has anyone tried spraying particles named "Blood" on the ground to see if they make a bloodsplat?
I have - there's a trigger in that really old RTJP level that sprays blood, and it doesn't produce splats. Seems to me like it's the collision between the "bullet" and the creature that causes the blood TrnObj to teleport rather than the particles themselves unfortunately.