TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: RTJP Updates!

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sweet! How did you get the textures for these?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sweet! How did you get the textures for these?
Most of it was simply a calculated guess, though I did rip a few straight from screengrabs and then enhance them slightly. The stamp set's textures are from screengrabs, except for the sides where I had to make my own; the "Making Of" book was a replication from scratch; the tyrannosaurus bottles were entirely from scratch, except for the picture of the rex, which was taken from the movie and then cleaned up; the front of the gift bag in the back was partially ripped from the movie, but it was missing the bottom-left corner so I had to make that myself; and the little green bags on the shelf below were from scratch based on a very hard-to-see bag in one shot. Additionally, though they're not visible in the image, I made all 3 t-shirts that were hanging from the shelves, a few dinosaur plushies, a couple of other books, and a pair of lunchboxes (red and blue). There are also two other toys that will be up to you to discover...they really bring back some nostalgia for me. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh nice... I find myself saying this a lot but I actually used to own one of the stuffed dinosaurs (the trike) used in the shot... And I currently own the dimetrodon from that line (not sure if dimetro is in the film specifically). Somewhere in the forums I posted my discovery of the name of the company... Actually... *runs to look at dimetrodon* The company is called "Applause". Here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=applaus ... wQ_AUICCgD
It shows both of the ones I've had! :D
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

Hi guys, I'm back and ready to play this Jurassic park classic once again! Can't believe that it's been over a year since I have played Jurassic Park Trespasser, no other game like it still. Looks like I have missed a whole lot of awesome mods that have been in the works. This level looks amazing! That gameplay trailer gave me chills at the end when the footsteps of the t-rex were heard. Is there any test level we can play before the final project is finished? Good work on this!
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome back, to Jurassic World. We hope you enjoy your.. return.
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

"Dogdson, we got Dogdson here!" "See, nobody cares! Nice Hat!"

This is what I feel like in this forum. :nerd: Just kidding!

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully there is a test level that I can play, this mod looks so fun!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Hi guys, I'm back and ready to play this Jurassic park classic once again! Can't believe that it's been over a year since I have played Jurassic Park Trespasser, no other game like it still. Looks like I have missed a whole lot of awesome mods that have been in the works. This level looks amazing! That gameplay trailer gave me chills at the end when the footsteps of the t-rex were heard. Is there any test level we can play before the final project is finished? Good work on this!
Well, you may be somewhat disappointed but also excited to learn that I scrapped that level because Tres couldn't handle it, instead opting to split the whole mod into a series of highly-detailed levels. The development of the first, RTJP~Helipad, can be found under the appropriate post.
Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully there is a test level that I can play, this mod looks so fun!
There will likely not be a test level for a very long time (or even at all), and if there even IS one, it will be released after the main release. I don't want to spoil anything, and I feel that the test level with a lot of gameplay functions and models would sort of ruin it. :P
"Dogdson, we got Dogdson here!" "See, nobody cares! Nice Hat!"
Dodgson (thinking to himself): "This is the last time I hire somebody known for their butterfingers..."
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote: Well, you may be somewhat disappointed but also excited to learn that I scrapped that level because Tres couldn't handle it, instead opting to split the whole mod into a series of highly-detailed levels. The development of the first, RTJP~Helipad, can be found under the appropriate post.

There will likely not be a test level for a very long time (or even at all), and if there even IS one, it will be released after the main release. I don't want to spoil anything, and I feel that the test level with a lot of gameplay functions and models would sort of ruin it. :P
Well if Trespasser couldn't handle the level, then it must be awesome. Can't wait to see the final product. I can see why you wouldn't want the test level to spoil anything. Keep up the good work! :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I remember specifically that I released JPDS~testing once or twice before JPDS itself.. It can rev up hype and trust in the level but premature release of important goodies for the main release is a threat (witness - the posters in 'DS~testing..).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I remember specifically that I released JPDS~testing once or twice before JPDS itself.. It can rev up hype and trust in the level but premature release of important goodies for the main release is a threat (witness - the posters in 'DS~testing..).
I was thinking of that as well, plus TC~Testing. But I think I'd rather keep it secret in this mod, especially since the levels are smaller and therefore won't take as long to release as a single giant one.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Draconisaurus wrote:I remember specifically that I released JPDS~testing once or twice before JPDS itself.. It can rev up hype and trust in the level but premature release of important goodies for the main release is a threat (witness - the posters in 'DS~testing..).
Speaking of which Draco, remember this mess?

I showed this video to Seamus Blackley a bit ago on Twitter and he was kinda horrified to see his coding behave like that. (in a humorous way of course lol)

Also, apologies for any thread derailment this caused lawl. I just thought it was relevant to his JPDS Test level post. XD
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:
Speaking of which Draco, remember this mess?

I showed this video to Seamus Blackley a bit ago on Twitter and he was kinda horrified to see his coding behave like that. (in a humorous way of course lol)

Also, apologies for any thread derailment this caused lawl. I just thought it was relevant to his JPDS Test level post. XD
Haha! To be honest, I doubt a lot of engine is allowing the mount of scripting you can do as with Trespasser, at least not like this. Not right out of the box anyway.

On another note. I believe TC Test level have been the only really test level that have shown anything that would be included in the TC levels. JPDS~Testing contained more script testing rather than revealing content. I think only showing pictures of a current project are just fine. However, if a project have made a massive turn and got an overhaul and doesn't contain, use or look anything like its first draft I think it can be fun to release that at some point.
But personally a test level doesn't really have any purpose to get a peak of a level. They are more fun to see cut stuff or stuff the developer wanted or tried to include. No really reason to release it until the project is done unless you really want to show of a cool thing you manage to do etc :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Haha I've done stuff like that before. Just take a gun, set it on automatic, give it like 200 push, put on the infinite ammo cheat, and watch the chaos unfold.
On another note. I believe TC Test level have been the only really test level that have shown anything that would be included in the TC levels. JPDS~Testing contained more script testing rather than revealing content. I think only showing pictures of a current project are just fine. However, if a project have made a massive turn and got an overhaul and doesn't contain, use or look anything like its first draft I think it can be fun to release that at some point.
Well, JPDS~Testing also contained a few unique scripts that would have been new to JPDS at the time of its release, like the driving car. If I ever do release a test level prior to the level itself, it would be the older one with all of the really new stuff removed (which would be sort of pointless).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I showed this video to Seamus Blackley a bit ago on Twitter and he was kinda horrified to see his coding behave like that. (in a humorous way of course lol)
Lmfao. :lol: Yeah to this day I am quite pleased with that level. Fun to go ingame or in Tres and and frak around with stuff.