Hi-Res Textures for Trespasser! (Released V0.1)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Radeux
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Hi-Res Textures for Trespasser! (Released V0.1)

Post by Radeux »

Awesome work! Much appreciated, hopefully the bump mapping works in GLIDE. High poly models would be great as well. Thank you!

In fact perhaps in between my Oblivion modding I can start helping out with these textures. I'm mighty handy with the GIMP and Photoshop.

Voodoo 5 with 4ns ram and Rev320 chips... GLIDE MONSTER
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

In fact perhaps in between my Oblivion modding I can start helping out with these textures. I'm mighty handy with the GIMP and Photoshop.
I don't really need help with the textures since I kind of just redo them as a side project when it comes around in other projects. In fact, I'd completely forgotten that I'd even posted about them in the first place! :sick: I guess I'll get some more screenshots up of more work that I've done on them, then.
And I'll have to check out your Oblivion mods then - been playing tons of that recently since I gave up for the billionth time on trying to beat Morrowind. Can I have a link to a page with your mods? :D

EDIT: Here's some more of what's done:

The warning sign on the electric fences. I changed it to be accurate to the movie because the old one didn't feel right.

The last monorail station sign.

Image Image
Supply locker. The screenshot was taken in build 96 since I couldn't find a version with the door anywhere. This texture might need a bit more contrast.

Image Image
Desert Eagle. It was hard to get a good screenshot of it, and the bumpmaps didn't show too well, but it looks good. I did a bit of recoloring on some parts to match the screenshot I used for reference. The text on the side is accurate as well, for all you gun nuts, and I added the little aiming dots to the sights.

And a better shot of the crates, without the original bumpmapping to mess it up. They could use a bit more depth to the bumpmaps as well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sweet work! I don't suppose you could post a comparison image of the old and new crate textures? :) My Tres eye isn't quite accepting the new one..
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: Over here hacking . . . I mean protecting your computer! :)

Post by DennisNedry »

Is this texture pack finished? Or is it a work in progress, because so far it looks great! Can't wait for a download!
Hammond: Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: AH AH AH you didn't say the magic word! SNICKERS!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DennisNedry wrote:Is this texture pack finished? Or is it a work in progress, because so far it looks great! Can't wait for a download!
It's very unfinished. I only touched up a small number of textures in the online release, though I do have a few more in store that haven't been released yet.
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote: It's very unfinished. I only touched up a small number of textures in the online release, though I do have a few more in store that haven't been released yet.
Where is the V0.1 release? I don't see a download for the textures you did create. The screenshots look so awesome! I am surprised you are the only one trying to create HD textures. I would try, but I know nothing about changing and amplifying textures. Great work, at any rate.
HaroldRedwood
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by HaroldRedwood »

Nedry, I am curious. What are ... your areas of expertise? .
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

HaroldRedwood wrote:Nedry, I am curious. What are ... your areas of expertise? .
Ah ah ah. You didn't say the magic word! Ah ah ah. Ah ah ah. Ah ah ah....

Oh alright. I am totally unappreciated in my time! I can run the whole park from my room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? 'Cause if they can, I'd like to see them try! . . . . .

Wait, I'm not even employed!! :yum:
HaroldRedwood
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by HaroldRedwood »

Ah-hah.

STUDRY. You fail. .
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DennisNedry wrote:
TheIdiot wrote: It's very unfinished. I only touched up a small number of textures in the online release, though I do have a few more in store that haven't been released yet.
Where is the V0.1 release? I don't see a download for the textures you did create. The screenshots look so awesome! I am surprised you are the only one trying to create HD textures. I would try, but I know nothing about changing and amplifying textures. Great work, at any rate.
Thanks! Um I think the 0.1 link was broken, so I took it down. I'll have to re-upload it as V0.11 or something with the additional textures.
Oh alright. I am totally unappreciated in my time! I can run the whole park from my room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? 'Cause if they can, I'd like to see them try! . . . . .
I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am, but please, don't complain about them in this thread! :P
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

This is all well and good but you have to remember the retail engine will blur and pixellate some ground textures. (notably if the terrain is very flat, though this is not always the case I've observed). What needs to be done is find the reason for this in the source and fix it. It's clear that it came up sometime after the PCgamer and E3 prototypes as both these engines don't have this ground texture blurring problem.
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote: Thanks! Um I think the 0.1 link was broken, so I took it down. I'll have to re-upload it as V0.11 or something with the additional textures.
Oh really? I found the link. Here it is:
Spoiler: show

http://www.mediafire.com/file/41mol76n9 ... es+V01.zip

It still works as well. I found it in google by searching this: jurassic park trespasser hd texture pack mediafire site:www.trescomforum.org

So this would be my expertise, finding lost links! :yum:
Luckily google had the link in the metadata description at the bottom. So now you can re-link this wonderful texture pack! Thanks again for making this.
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

The download worked and I have the files, but how do I install them? Do I put the textures in my tres cd directory or the actual game directory in the DreamWorks Interactive folder? I didn't see any information in the readme about installing texture packs. Any ideas?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

DennisNedry wrote:The download worked and I have the files, but how do I install them? Do I put the textures in my tres cd directory or the actual game directory in the DreamWorks Interactive folder? I didn't see any information in the readme about installing texture packs. Any ideas?
You drop them in the Data/TexHW/Map folder, which can be found by going into the Trespasser install directory. If the TexHW/Map folders aren't present, you have to create them. They only work with CE, and I *think* you have to have them enabled in the CE ini (not sure if it's like that by default). :)
DennisNedry
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DennisNedry »

TheIdiot wrote: You drop them in the Data/TexHW/Map folder, which can be found by going into the Trespasser install directory. If the TexHW/Map folders aren't present, you have to create them. They only work with CE, and I *think* you have to have them enabled in the CE ini (not sure if it's like that by default). :)
I think the setting is in the doc folder in the trespasser.ini file. Here it is:

Use file-based hardware texture overrides if available. Hardware texture overrides are optional image files
; that can replace default textures for hardware rendering. Texture overrides are normally used to enable higher
; quality/resolution textures than the game can support using default textures packaged with levels.
;HWTextureOverrides=True

It is enabled by default. I figured out why it wasn't working. I had it installed in the Dreamworks Interactive directory instead of the trespasser cd data directory, it should work now.