PCgamer prototype Jungle Road Playthrough with commentary

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

PCgamer prototype Jungle Road Playthrough with commentary

Post by glitchhunter09 »

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: PCgamer prototype Jungle Road Playthrough with commentar

Post by tatu »

Really cool find of that ragdoll function!

The part when you started to do huge jumps made me laugh so hard xD I wonder if that is the case why they made her feets a box?

I really like how to explain what you find and make reference to the walkthrough and later builds, and how you give your thoughts on what the stuff you come across could have been for.

One thing I love about that we got these early builds is to see how far they continued to fix the engine.

And thank you very much for making these videos! It helps with spreading the game still :)

About the missing foliage, or lack of it. The early max scene do have foliage, like you mention it in the video.
The thing is, there are several max files of JR. One contained some foliage, one contained the Mayan plaza etc. I believe they used various to avoid lag of having too much objects while working on specific areas. However, the IT max files does include everything.
I think this is the reason why the PCGamer build is lacking foliage, because they maybe forgot to include those parts in this version.

I have still to watch your Plantation House video, but will do ASAP :)

And for your request, I am working on making this level playable in for at least the CE patch. I will make at least 2 versions, one working only with TresEd, to make it be like the original, and one that working to play in. The thing is, all objects in the early builds are imported as the same geometry, so when you export them from the level you'll need to change it and then reimport them, but it is easy work, at least for JR. Send me a PM of your request of what you want me to do for you and I will prioritize it for you :)

There is a flint pistol, but it is only properly textures on one side, which I believe is because it might been intended to be on a wall and not actually used. I believe JPDS have it in the basement.

Really fun to hear you're working on your own PH version too!! :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Remember this line?
Asset_Submission.ms wrote: Label AreaLabel "Game Area:" align: #Left
DropDownList Area items: #("Beach", "Jungle Road", "Platation House", "Industrial Jungle", "InGEN Town", "Plains", "PineValley", "Shore", "InGEN Lab", "Ascent", "Summit", "Gun", "Animal", "Jungle Vegetation", "Pine Vegetation", "Plains Vegetation", "Mountain Vegetation", "Rocks & Boulders", " ") selection:19 height:15
There were some Areas (everything after "Summit", apparently) which weren't "levels" but just places to store various assets... some of the MAX files you got were these (with the IT ones being actual levels).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Def. making HC into a level..
HaroldRedwood
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by HaroldRedwood »

Draconisaurus wrote:Def. making HC into a level..
Seems like you did. Nice job. That rex alcove could have been done a little better IMO.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh yes I agree. Didn't want to import non-Tres objects to make it a cave. It's supposed to be a sort of reference to Roland's quote and such - "...or in the middle of a Rex Nest, for all I care."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heh yes I agree. Didn't want to import non-Tres objects to make it a cave. It's supposed to be a sort of reference to Roland's quote and such - "...or in the middle of a Rex Nest, for all I care."
Aah, that would explain the underground nature of the nest. I always assumed it was supposed to be the Rex nest they actually go to in the movie, but it didn't quite look the same. Was there ever any intent to include the nest they visit in TLW in JPDS? (Off topic, I know)