Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Quistion about wallpapers in Tresspasser buildings

Post by WideBoy »

hello, kinda weird qoustion, but i am at a loss here.

I am trying to create some buildings from Trespasser in UE4, but i cant for the life of me figure out what the textures inside some of the buildings are supposed to be.

One of em are the hallways inside the Cray Computer building, the white walls with the gray line, are they concrete, some kind of white wallpaper with a gray line painted on or is it som kind of railing (kinda like these http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/featur ... aship2.jpg but cant imagine why it would be in that building).

And what are the Red stuff Hammonds mansion is built out of? as a i said, weird qoustions, but i cant seem to wrap my brain around it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Quistion about wallpapers in Tresspasser buildings

Post by Rebel »

Hia. In my opinion, it's high grade, mold resistant drywall like you see in a hospital. Hammond's mansion I'd guess would be stucco? I never really looked at the textures that closely, but if you export them that ought to give you a better idea.
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

Thanks, now i know what to google to get refrence pictures, didnt even know "drywall" was a type of wall material (English not beeing my native tounge theres alot of technical jargen i am not familiar with).

and stucco sounds right. Thanks alot for the help :)
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

I cant extract files on the PC i am currently working with at the moment, but is the floor in the "meeting rooms" the kinda plastic floor many labs have, or blue carpet since its a meeting room thingy?

Plastic:

Carpet:

Since i am just getting the feel of the place ive not added any dirt or anything, want to get shit right before i put in the weathing work (which i am not looking forward to since i suck at Photoshop :P )
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I would go with the carpet. That plastic blue looks really weird. It looks more like it is full of water. :c
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

Yeah, non of the textures are anywhere near done, its just placeholders, and I kinda agree, as a conference room the carpet look better, or if i would take a artistic freedom some kind of wooden floor.

[Edit] jesus i hate the stairs part of the building, i guess i am swearing in church by saying this, but i never liked the way the stairs was in the game. they felt cramped and steep for a old man like Hammond to run up and down, so trying to make em more... spared no expense i guess is the right way to say it. But making it fit and work is testing my paciance...
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7ywKm ... e=youtu.be

does the size (length of the building) seem right?

(I am using ResearchIndicates youtube lets play to look for refrences, so since i dont get a real feel of the size by playing myself i am kinda shooting in the dark)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That looks pretty good! The size seems about right. You might want to export the model via TresEd and measure its dimensions in Max if you want to be sure though. I think that perhaps the floor textures are a bit too shiny though, they don't look very worn-down like they do in Tres.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Personally I wouldn't care too much to fit the length of the original Trespasser building. From what I experience it seems like a lot of times a lot of the buildings are build without any specific measurements. This can clearly be seen with the Plantation House (the non-main parts) and Hammond's House, where the doors are like 3-4 bigger than Anne and looks really weird.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

Hmm i got a problem, was going to go through the "Village" level to go over some of the designs and furniture in that level. But i cant seem to fin it with TresEd.
I am aware i got to open the level in Trespasser the game for the file to pop up, but it wont show in the Trespasser folder. I just got the start area and the Lab level there.

What am i doing wrong?

[edit] solved it, had to open it with the standard EXE and not a ATX exe, my bad.
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

slow progress, made the toilet larger, so theres some deadspace besides the Offices on the rightside, guess il just camuflage that "room" with an elecritian and fuze room door...

The "stuff" on the walls are railings, the kind thats in hospitals, I just interpeted the gray lines in the textures in the building as those things. Hammond had a cane after all :P

Every room is one model to make texturing easier.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This building looks very interesting... What are your plans for it?
WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

Dont realy have any plans, I wanted to learn to create indoor envirements in 3d for games, so i most likely just create everything in the building with props and textures. Then upload it to a server and just let people use em for what they want.

I cant program for shait so i cant realy create any AI or anything for enemies. But since i LOVE Trespasser and the feeling that game gives me, i wanted to see what it would look like in a modern game engine (I am using UE4 for the game part, but every model is FBX that every engine i know of use for Static Meshes)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting.. What format do you plan to release it in? If you can export in 3DS format, we could put it in Trespasser.
tatu

Post by tatu »

What software are you using to create the model? 3ds Max? If possible I would avoid the .3ds format as it doesn't store longer texture names and I just find it more messy. If using 3ds Max, the TPM export/importer is better.