Ruins Level (Page 6 Download (final version 01/25/2019)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Ruins Level

Post by Rebel »

Thanks, Draco. Tatu, must be the tunnel that's giving you that impression. I tried to design it so that a raptor could actually enter and/or follow you into certain buildings. It has a bit of trouble making it up the stairs at times, but through testing I've had one chase me through that tunnel, up the stairs and around the deck before chasing me back downstairs, through the door and down through another tunnel and into the street. You can never quite negate how stupid or clumsy they are at times, but when it all goes well it looks pretty cool.

Speaking of tomb raider, wasn't there a level that you actually fought dinosaurs? I seem to recall something about an airplane with a turret gun and raptors coming at you. I think that was a tomb raider level -
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

See page 4 for download
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Hey, possible to upload it somewhere else? It tells me to either login with a social account or create one in order to download, and I don't feel like that. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:Hey, possible to upload it somewhere else? It tells me to either login with a social account or create one in order to download, and I don't feel like that. :)
Unfortunately, there aren't many options out there, tatu, and I only have access to uploading 10mbs on trescom. :| I think it's a reputable site though.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

See page 4 for download
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote:see page 4 for download

As far as I know, you can download from here without any signups.
True, but it requires a link to my email address and I don't particularly trust the site to know my e-mail lest I be spammed. I would like to recommend MediaFire, that's what I use - you have to make an account, but it will definitely be useful when you need to upload more in the future.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice, I get a very decent framerate on my new PC...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

This was a very interesting level, Rebel. It's way more interesting than your run-of-the-mill custom level that usually involves a pseudo-jungle location. I loved all of the puzzles, especially the one with you having to
Spoiler: show
find the torch and light it on fire so you could blow up the hole in the wall.
One of my favorite moments was
finding the remains of a body trapped in the dried pool.
That was definitely one of the most surreal experiences in Trespasser, as well as
finding Marquez's dead, impaled body inside the cockpit of the crashed plane.
Some of the things I noticed:
There seems to be some terrain that kind of dips into the side of the giant temple off to the right when you enter the town.
The time-displaced raptors were pretty cool, but they might look even better with a new skin other than the TC-Level one.
The culling of the iron bars seems to be too low. They appear to pop back out of nowhere whenever you approach them.
All in all, this was an awesome level with an interesting idea. Probably the most eerie level ever designed for Tres. I eagerly wait for the continuation. :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Checked out this level last night, thought it was pretty damn cool so far! :D Considering this is the alpha I'll postpone a review until you release the full version. But so far, for an alpha, this is especially well done! Played it on CE and got a perfect 60 FPS constantly.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Thanks for the compliments and words of encouragement, gentlemen. Much appreciated. :) It'll be a while before the next incarnation of the level, but
I've got a fairly solid path in mind for its continuance. T.G., I'll check into those two issues you mentioned. ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

You're very welcome, Reb! :D Should probably mention the one issue I had:
I thought the puzzle to destroy the wall with the torch, while really creative, definitely needs to be more obvious. The spot in the wall that needs to be blown up isn't really pointed out enough and looks extremely minor - perhaps something to draw the player's attention to it would be helpful. :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TrespasserGuy wrote:This was a very interesting level, Rebel. It's way more interesting than your run-of-the-mill custom level that usually involves a pseudo-jungle location. I loved all of the puzzles, especially the one with you having to
find the torch and light it on fire so you could blow up the hole in the wall.
Well, after
lighting the torch
, I was wondering what to do with it. I was feeling like an
Olympic athlete
or something. I was wondering if I should
take it into the stadium, toss it into a volcano
, or what. I did notice you could use it
to drive away the raptor
, though. And I don't know what to do with the
gas can
(or whatever it is), I thought maybe I should
use the torch to make it explode
, but that didn't seem to work. Went to bed really late (about 2am) trying to explore different options...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'll provide a less subtle hint as to the 'what do I do' next time around. There is a voiceover hint already in place, but the
trigger size is rather small and centralized to its associated location.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote:I'll provide a less subtle hint as to the 'what do I do' next time around. There is a voiceover hint already in place, but the
trigger size is rather small and centralized to its associated location.
Well, I guess hearing that trigger would probably have helped then! I had the sound off when I played. :oops: I still think that perhaps a larger visual clue would help quite a bit though since even if you get the voice trigger, the specific spot you need to destroy still doesn't appear too obvious. I suggest perhaps giving that area of wall a damaged-looking texture, or putting an object that will draw the player in that direction next to the spot (such as a weapon). :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

TheIdiot wrote:Well, I guess hearing that trigger would probably have helped then! I had the sound off when I played. :oops: I still think that perhaps a larger visual clue would help quite a bit though since even if you get the voice trigger, the specific spot you need to destroy still doesn't appear too obvious. I suggest perhaps giving that area of wall a damaged-looking texture, or putting an object that will draw the player in that direction next to the spot (such as a weapon). :)

Guess I was trying to be overly sneaky. ;) The voiceover also won't fire if you actually picked up the fuel container before visiting the wall. If you visit the wall first, then upon coming up on the container, then a secondary voice over trigger would fire telling you that's what you need. As I said, t'was trying to be sneaky.