How alive is this forum these days? (+extra questions)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

egonaut
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How alive is this forum these days? (+extra questions)

Post by egonaut »

It looks like it's not very active, which is unfortunate. Trespasser is my all-time favorite game and I've studied the history of it many times. I've visited trescom years ago but just now decided to register after replaying the game, only to see this place a bit vacant.

Another, more broad question, what's happened in the past few years regarding Trespasser? Anything unknown or discovered?

edit: Just found out about the source code. What an incredible find.

I really loved the alternate ending of Trespasser, where John Hammond reads out a famous poem if you use "bones" to find the hidden path. Are there any more hidden paths in any other levels? I haven't looked, but I'm sure some of you have.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: How alive is this forum these days? (+extra questions)

Post by tatu »

Hi and welcome to the community!

The community is very much alive. Sometimes there goes a few days between posts, but that is natural around here. A lot of people here are adults so most work or doing other life stuff that takes time.

A lot of things have happen regarding Trespasser. We got the E3 demo, the source, copy of original Hammond VO script etc. :)

No other hidden paths afaik, but the game contain some interesting stuff. I recommend this page: http://www.trescom.org/tips-tricks/tres-trivia/
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Welcome, egonaut. Like tatu said above, most of us just have busy lives, so we don't have the time to post and visit as often as in the past. We're all still here though, lurking as one would say. There are so many discoveries, topics, articles and downloads you can get into here that it would keep you busy for weeks. Have some fun and start browsing. ;)
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

Yup - count me in on the "just super-duper-busy" faction. Still lurk around, though
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World. 8)

Hey MP! Haven't seen you in a while.
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

I try to be active every day but with no new posts i sometimes forget for a week or two
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

You might also like to take a look at the secrets/easter eggs people have found in the game throughout the years:
http://www.trescom.org/tips-tricks/tres-trivia/
And welcome 8)
egonaut
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by egonaut »

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome guys!

It's safe to say the public general consensus on this game is negative, so it's great to have a place for true fans to converge and discuss the game.

I'm checking out the Tresspasser Trivia page right now, When I posted this I spent hours looking at the cutting room floor wiki and looking at all the hidden things. (Like the M1911? Crazy!)

My favorite movie is 2001: A Space Odyssey, so the monolith easter egg is probably my favorite. Glad that it made it into the game, sucks that an invisible wall blocks it though.

Looking at secrets.doc was also crazy fun.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

As everyone else has said, welcome to the forum! :)

There's a ton of Tres stuff hidden all around...definitely check out Build 96 and the super early PC Gamer releases as well, it really shows how different the game could have been. And as always I highly recommend checking out the mods Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets, East Dock, Trespasser Legacy, Four Towers, and the TresCom Trilogy: those are some of my favorites. :wink:
egonaut
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by egonaut »

TheIdiot wrote:As everyone else has said, welcome to the forum! :)

There's a ton of Tres stuff hidden all around...definitely check out Build 96 and the super early PC Gamer releases as well, it really shows how different the game could have been. And as always I highly recommend checking out the mods Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets, East Dock, Trespasser Legacy, Four Towers, and the TresCom Trilogy: those are some of my favorites. :wink:

What about Trespassing? I've seen updates for that for so long, do you know anything about the status of it?
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

Wait... who said that the public opinion on Trespasser is largely negative?!

My personal experience in recent years has been far from that - Trespasser is looked at as a hidden gem, or quite the oddity. An overly ambitious project that didn't make its sales, but surely influenced many others (half life for instance)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Wait... who said that the public opinion on Trespasser is largely negative?!
To me, it seems like it's more of the critical opinion rather than a public one. I think there are a lot of people who just see it as a stupid, buggy mess in the vein of other "broken" games - fun to fart around in, but never worth being played seriously. Which is definitely not true, by the way. :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

Since the game sold really few copies, I doubt a lot of people have actually played it. I've seen comments on the internet that the game is bad, but I think a lot of people have only seen videos of it and not played the game themselves tbh.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."